Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WR269

Flickering Mouse cursor

Not a big deal, but it gets kinda annoying after a while...any time I move the mouse cursor over a spot in the VC where the cursor has to change to a "hand", it flickers like mad..... I have searched other forums with the same problem, and Ctl-O did nothing....any ideas? Like I said, it is no big deal, although it does slow the system down a bit when it starts to flicker. Will Reynolds

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Try cycling through your views S S S S or press ESC twice. Worked for ms once.

Hi WillI've written about this elsewhere. The flickering is a sign that an instruction is only half complete. When you move away from the spot where it started does the flicker go away? What are your specs?

Hi WillI've written about this elsewhere. The flickering is a sign that an instruction is only half complete. When you move away from the spot where it started does the flicker go away? What are your specs?
Hi Frank, Yes, if I move away from the hotspot the flickering stops and I get a normal mouse cursor...when I move the cursor to a cockpit turning knob or switch and the cursor has to change to the hand symbol, the flickering starts....it basically shows the hand symbol and then the mouse pointer several times over...hence the flickering... I have an AMD 965BE 3.2G with 4G RAM and a GTX 460 Many thanks Will

Hi Will I take it you do not use triple screens. That being so, and the disappearance of the flickering, puts it outside my experience. However, the problem I have encountered was only affecting high resolution triple screen users. That leads me to a thought. Does your screen resolution match the one you have set in FSX?

Hi, i have exactly the same problem with WR269. When only over a hotspot, the mouse cursor is flickering madly, switching between the hand cursor and the normal arrow cursor. I had this problem since from the release of this aircraft and never had a normal period. But i thought it was a minor issue and did not report it here.Now that every other past issues had been corrected for me, this is the only remaining issue. Not a big problem but would like to know if there is a solution.

Did you guys use REX2? I had the the exact same problem as described in OP, however only when REX2 UI is opened. Once I close that the flicking stops.

I have this problem in the MD11 and was concerned that it would show in the NGX. But the NGX is fine in this respect and I never found a solution for the MD11. I mentioned it in the MD11 forum but no one else reported having the problem. Iain Smith

I found this for the first time last night flying the NGX with Orbx scenery. I only find the issue when my system is under extreme load. I ended up with a CDT due to g3d.dll, not saying it's related, but all suggesting my system is being pushed too far. Chris

Hi Guys, I too have this problem when my system is under load, i.e. NGX +Ezdok + REX or NGX + Ezdok + EFB for instance. if I quit out of REX or EFB leaving FSX with NGX + Ezdok loaded it goes away. I have Windows 7 642 x Zeon 2.8Ghz quad CPU = 8 coresATI 5700 HD series2 GB ramThis is on a MacPro (early 2008) set to duel boot through bootcamp. Phil Broadhurst

I can confirm the flickering since Ive downloaded NGX. Single screen, 1024:768, no REX or anything. Ati HD4650 on winxp 32bit. Latest directx, catalyst 11.6, no hotfixes (yes I know but will wait for the SP1 since it runs perfect for now)Ignat Ignatov

I use REX2 occasionally only to load the texteures before flight, afterwards i'm done with it.I fly online with squawkbox. Sometimes before launching squawkbox, i don't have the flickers. But then after i launch it, it comes back again without stopping.But if this issue is because of pushing the system too far, is it only me who is pushing their system to the limit? I know there are a lot of people whose system specs are lower than mine but not having this issue.By the way, my system specs are:i5 760 @ 3.8 GHzGTX4608 GB RAM at 1600 MHzWin 7 64 bitI use external FPS limiter locked to 30 FPS. My overall FPS is between 25-30 depending on the scenery, clouds etc. And also using ASE for weather.

I have this problem in the MD11 and was concerned that it would show in the NGX. But the NGX is fine in this respect and I never found a solution for the MD11. I mentioned it in the MD11 forum but no one else reported having the problem. Iain Smith
Hey Ian. Same here and i posted in the MD-11 forum. Only solution i found was , download REX2 textures themes only into FSX (forget the weather engine) and then shut down REX2 to fly. I guess that's your situation too?

Not a big deal, but it gets kinda annoying after a while...any time I move the mouse cursor over a spot in the VC where the cursor has to change to a "hand", it flickers like mad..... I have searched other forums with the same problem, and Ctl-O did nothing....any ideas? Like I said, it is no big deal, although it does slow the system down a bit when it starts to flicker. Will Reynolds
Try Shift-O instead.

Hey Ian. Same here and i posted in the MD-11 forum. Only solution i found was , download REX2 textures themes only into FSX (forget the weather engine) and then shut down REX2 to fly. I guess that's your situation too?
Yes Rick, that's what I do but it hasn't cured the MD11X problem. I just live with it and am glad it doesn't happen in the NGX. Money%20Eyes.gif Iain Smith

Yes Rick, that's what I do but it hasn't cured the MD11X problem. I just live with it and am glad it doesn't happen in the NGX. Money%20Eyes.gif Iain Smith
Hey, you know what, i got so used to leaving REX2 off, i haven't even checked it out on NGX. Guess it wouldn't hurt to take a look.

I also have the flickering mouse “hand” issue, to be clear it only flickers when the cursor is over a hot spot that would change the cursor from an arrow (default) to a hand used in the 737NGX.I really enjoy the REX weather updates and WASYS as I fly around from point to point so I'm not ready to abandon it and love my NGX so for now I live with it.

Yep, add me to the list. Get it as well, when running REX. Had it from day one.

Same here, but I've heard it was because this addon is a complex aircraft, therefore the plugin must convert FSX's mouse cursor, assuming it's not a default windows cursor, then changing it into a hand on hotspots. I'm not a professional programmer, so I won't know the details.

I had same issue with ATR 72-500 and only with that addon. I spent hours and hours searching the web and trying to find a solution. No luck. I found some other people having same problem, but I guess we all gave it up in the end. I found it very annoying so I had to quit my beloved ATR. Fortunately NGX runs fine for me. By the way, I doubt it has to do with system load. I have run many complex simulations, like Maddog MD82, PMDG J41 and of course NGX on this computer and none of them show cursor flickering.

Sorry to bring back an older topic here guys. Has this issue been comfirmed fixed or under investigation still? I first downloaded the original file and had it installed with no flickering until a fresh FSX install over the last 3-4 days.This time, I have the latest hotfix installed and am now seeing the flicker when I want to do anything on the VC cockpit.I don't use the 2d panel, so don't know if it's happening there too or not. The only change from the original install this time around is the addition of REX and the ORBX products I have for the PNW and Fjords.From reading here and in a few more topics, I'm not sure if this is the problem or not.Hope it's not as trying to fly in the North West and Alaska will be a no no without the ORBX products.And anything world wide will also get hit without REX, although that will be a lot easier to live without than ORBX. Again, sorry for bringing back an older topic.

Has this issue been comfirmed fixed or under investigation still?
Don't know Tom. But you can add me to the list of individuals that gets this when REX is running in the background. I tend to download the weather, and then shut down REX and the flickering goes away. Definitely the combination of NGX and REX does it for me.

Don't know Tom. But you can add me to the list of individuals that gets this when REX is running in the background. I tend to download the weather, and then shut down REX and the flickering goes away. Definitely the combination of NGX and REX does it for me.
Does the flicker go when REX is not working in the background then?If that's the case, should we asking the REX team if something in their modules in FSX are being or are affecting the PMDG modules? At least it's not only me, that makes me a good bit happier that it's not something I've messed up on my system.

I'm running REX2.3 with PMDG 737NGX/EXCA/UT2 on a gaming box with NVida 560GT, and enjoy high frame rates.But I still consistently get the arrow/hand mouse flicker when mousing over a hotspot.However discovered that if I close the REX2 GUI, but leave the REX2 weather engine running, the flickering goes away.I'm guessing the REX2 GUI (main program) talks to FSX or the weather engine in a way that messes the cursor graphics.Is that consistent with what you guys see ?Turning off REX2 GUI doesn't sem to be a problem, unless you want to change options or need it to check weather.