Sign in to follow this  
N1G

"Shade" for FSX

Made the purchase as well and so far it's very cool. I have not played specifically with the settings or time of day yet, but simply loaded up the endless summer preset and took off around late morning. The effects were immediately noticed in the cockpit as the shadow depth between the nooks and crannies of the panel were much more defined. Gave me a much more significant sense of depth even on an older VC panel such as the LevelD. No idea what else is in store, but so far I'm quite happy with it.

- Aaron

Just got it myself. A cool addon and the price is right :) Does what it advertises. I'm using it without problems with enb. Gonna have to tweak enb a tad now; I'm using nickn's settings and the cockpit gets a tad dark when facing the sun. Otherwise no fps hit, which is great, and the added depth it adds to terrain is very nice. I recommend this addon. Hiro.gif

Jean-Paul, Word Not Allowed & 76White02 Thanks a bunch, your feedback is very much appreciated. RegardsBob

A lot of good feedback on this program. I can't use ENB because it results in black screens. I think I will buy this when I get home from work.
try setting "AllowAntialias=0" in your enbseries.inion topic, this program does seem nice, but i think enb looks way better, has more options. and its free.

Ok, so I just finished a flight without ENB and with the Winter Chills Shade settings.I'll be honest, I couldn't see much of a difference, at least nothing compared to the screenshots I've been seeing. How do I set up Shade to get the same effect as in Redline's screenshots or the promo screenshots from Shade website?Just to check I'm doing this right... 1. Open Shade GUI2. Load Day 1 From A Preset (Winter Chills)3. Click Clone Day One4. Click OK5. Click Start Stuff tab6. Click Start Shade/ FSX7. Go fly Your help is much appreciated and I will definitely post again to show the difference when I get this working properly. Thanks, Toby

Ryzen 5800X3D, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, Windows 10

this program does seem nice, but i think enb looks way better, has more options. and its free.
Not sure why people keep comparing these, considering you can use them together and they do two different things.

Toby, in board daylight, noon till afternoon Shade effect is minimal. It is because there are least shadows in the sim! In the last pic you can see more shadows, due to more mountains. It also depends on how much clouds you have and a sky theme you have installed.

Not sure why people keep comparing these, considering you can use them together and they do two different things.
they both do the same thing only in different ways.enb is more than just bloom, it has tons of other effects as well, check out my thread herehttp://forum.avsim.n...age__p__2099557but i guess its as much a matter of taste as well.

Thanks for the tip Word Not Allowed.I changed the theme to Marks Final and tried it again at sunrise and sunset and it was much better.It even seems to be adding beautiful colours to the clouds...Unedited screenshots attached, as promised.This is a great add-on, if a little confusing, that really helps add more reality to the world in FSX.Toby

Ryzen 5800X3D, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, Windows 10

they both do the same thing only in different ways.
Given that I've never been able to get ENB to work for longer than 3 minutes before crashing the sim I much prefer the way Shade is doing it.

- Aaron

Given that I've never been able to get ENB to work for longer than 3 minutes before crashing the sim I much prefer the way Shade is doing it.
I'm finding that out as well...Money%20Eyes.gif

try setting "AllowAntialias=0" in your enbseries.inion topic, this program does seem nice, but i think enb looks way better, has more options. and its free.
Thanks, but I tried allowantialias=0 and it did not work. I just played around a bit with this new program. I really like the effects but it makes the cockpit too dark. I will have to muck around with it a bit more.

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Toby, in board daylight, noon till afternoon Shade effect is minimal. It is because there are least shadows in the sim! In the last pic you can see more shadows, due to more mountains. It also depends on how much clouds you have and a sky theme you have installed.
Hi Word Not Allowed,Can you post your enbseries ini ? I am using NickN's and does not work with Shade very well, I would just prefer the bloom like you have. Cheers

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I have no bloom on those shots, but here it is anyway:http://dl.dropbox.com/u/31158446/enbseries.ini

Thanks Word Not Allowed, much appreicated.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.