Sign in to follow this  
Ben Cap

Who wants the NGX on P3D?

Prepar3d with NGX?  

341 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like PMDG to have NGX ported to P3D?

Well, for this amount of money I expect, that I don't need tools like ASE, REX or something like that any longer. But I do. Sloped Runways? High detailed mesh? Still based on addons.For those who do this smart calculations, do this with the 60€ FSX Professional I'm using now. I use it nearly everyday. Sure also P3D will pay off, but will still be too expensive.IF they come out with a private licence (who the heck buys a commercial licence and then uses the software only for himself?! It's meant to be for those commercial fixed-base sims,making money with this software..!), say for 100$ or something, I might be interested. But until then I'm closer looking at XPLane 10 or Flight (whatever product this will be..).

Regards.
Matthias Hanel

MilViz Beta Team

US$ 10 per month is a very expensive stuff for simmers. I have flied with my FSX since 2006/2007 (Without consider the long time of FS2004 and FS2002). If I were spending this amount monthly to fly .....WowwwwwwwSorry but I do not believe in expensive plataforms. I believe in cheap plataforms with great addons like FSX/PMDG!! This is the way.Only my opinion!Loser.gif

Jim, I'm assuming you have a commercial interest in P3D, or at least a potential commercial interest at some point in the future? I find it rather hard to believe a regular paying customer is happily endorsing increased costs for the end user (as opposed to the one-time price for FSX). Straight%20Face.gif
You have assumed completely wrong. How is this any different than paying for World of Warcraft?

2 posts that struck me:

Prepar3d is much more user based--The devs actually respond and they genuinely care about our hobby and they want to improve it-That much dedication from the devs was enough for me to make the switch.... MS didn't seem to give a flying-fadoodle about us Hardcore Simmers.
Really? You honestly think they care about you or anyone or about our hobby? Sorry to burst your bubble but this was never intended as a hobby platform, what they are getting are a bunch of well trained beta testers that are paying them to assure the quality of their own product. Just wait until development is over and they shut the door on our hobby, then we will see what happens.
As much of my tax money that has been sucked up by LM when the US govt buys new aircraft from them, they should offer every single American taxpayer a subscription to this thing for free.
Not going to happen, they are in the business of making & taking money wherever they can get it. I would be one upset shareholder if LM thought of giving product away for free.

\Robert Hamlich/

You have assumed completely wrong. How is this any different than paying for World of Warcraft?
People get so defensive when they read the word, "subscription"
2 posts that struck me: Really? You honestly think they care about you or anyone or about our hobby? Sorry to burst your bubble but this was never intended as a hobby platform, what they are getting are a bunch of well trained beta testers that are paying them to assure the quality of their own product. Just wait until development is over and they shut the door on our hobby, then we will see what happens. Not going to happen, they are in the business of making & taking money wherever they can get it. I would be one upset shareholder if LM thought of giving product away for free.
"Shut the door on our hobby?" LOL You think LM is going to abandon a relatively new development for no apparent reason? LM P3D is getting more and more popular, what you just said was totally illogical. rolleyes.gif

LM P3D is getting more and more popular, what you just sad was totally illogical. rolleyes.gif
You are gonna become an official P3D ######. Been following couple of your posts LOL.gif

You are gonna become an official P3D ######. Been following couple of your posts LOL.gif
I am not a ######- I am a level headed positive thinker.... Shocked.gif WAIT!! there's positive thinkers around here???

I am willing to pay BIG bucks for P3D when:- graphics are scalable to multiple GPUs- it is a true 64-bit application- it is truly multiple CPU capable- it has a real weather engine- it has believable ATC- it can utilize all the value add of the available top add-ons including PMDG a/c- more, but the above is a good startRealistically, that is not likely to happen in the near future. What is going to happen in the near future is Ivy Bridge and 600 series of nvidia cards. This will make 5+ ghz platforms the mainstream and lower the price of sandy bridge and 580 video cards and finally (7 years later) provide enough horses to run FSX extremely well for the majority flight sim enthusiasts. That will take care of the claimed increased FPS "advantage". For me (and likely many others), the monthly fee is a total non-starter and is not related to the ability to pay. Up front, one time payment is the way I roll for all non-essential purchases.

Wow this thing sounds exiting. But it's up to PMDG to decide if they want to support it.Personally, I would be interested in trying out this P3D, but being a student, when every cent is important, I think it's a robbery to charge 10$ monthly/500$ + some more for other their sh!t tools, utilities, stuff. And then again rebuying or paying a small fee for other add-ons so they would work.I agree with a person who said that they should charge this price for schools or companies, but not for private users (respect man! :D).So before I tried it I can't judge about the performance. Vanilla FSX runs very well even on everything high (except DX10, but with AA). When using REX, FEX, GEX on high presets I still get ~30 FPS. The only resource hog is, unfortunately, NGX. I doubt that P3D looks any different than vanilla FSX. That's why I voted 3rd variant. And before someone starts that "you pay for WOW" thing, who actually plays WOW in flight sim community? Personally I never played WoW, L2 or any other MMORPG/other games which required fee.

I am not a ######- I am a level headed positive thinker.... Shocked.gif WAIT!! there's positive thinkers around here???
Nope. And we all hate what each other has to say... Unless we agree with each otherLOL.gif

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

I know that so many of us feel strongly about our hobby, and in my 20+ years of flight sim experience I've learned that most flight simmers are very bright if not highly intelligent. Goes without saying that we all have strong opinions, and when we come across something we really believe increases our enjoyment of our hobby, we want others to benefit from it. I've also learned that as much as we have in common, we also have differences (mostly of opinions, but also what we like and don't like) and when someone disagrees with us we often feel attacked because both parties are passionate. This leads to misunderstandings, as happened to me recently with someone I thought was pinging on me. I took the conversation offline instead of responding in the forums, only to find that it was merely a misunderstanding. There are also a very few people who appear to wait for an opportunity to demonstrate their knowledge (and even more rarely someone feeling superior) by jumping on someone or something someone posted. Granted, there are posts that get under my skin, and I too feel that someone should at least TRY to look at (if not in) the manual, search the forums before posting, or maybe try Google - as I have for many years. The best response I've ever seen to this is someone who posts a link to a topic or website with a reminder that Google is their friend and the forums are full of terrific information. But it also occurs to me that some who post without first looking for an answer may simply be reaching out to make friends or become involved in a discussion about the hobby that they to love. Gentlemen, and ladies, our differences are far less than the things we have in common, and regardless of whether you've been posting online for years or two minutes, nobody is better than or superior to anyone else here. Also, unless we are post on website that we own and run, then we are all guests, ALL OF US. Experienced flight simmers are also ambassadors to our hobby, and only we can decide whether we will be good ambassadors or bad ones. I'm sure the most experienced of us can remember back to when they found their first online forum about a sim that they were truly excited about. How would we have felt if we read through posts that were unfriendly or outright attacks on others and their opinions? It is certainly up to each and every one of us, but I challenge us to work together to present a more positive image, and work together for the betterment of a hobby that has both brought us together, and brought us so many hours, months and years of challenge and enjoyment. If we want to help, we'll post, if we don't, we shouldn't. That said, a little humor, even off color sometimes, shouldn't be attacked... just ensure you annotate that type of stuff with a emoticon or other means so that others will know it as humor. I am immensely grateful to all those who have shared their knowledge with me and help me to achieve the most realistic flight simulation possible. From that respect and appreciation, I've always been happy to share what I've learned or discovered with others who ask for help, just as many of you do. My best to everyone here, and my thanks to you all for adding to my enjoyment of this incredible hobby.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I have Prepar3d and all I can say is WOW! FPS are greatly improved as with lighting and shaders. Can't wait for DX11 too.cool.pngPrepar3d can be purchased with a "developers license for 10 dollars a month"-- Please refrain from using "500 dollars is too expensive" as a scapegoat. Hoping PMDG will create a separate installer for P3D as many other developers are starting to port their products over. [FSDreamTeam, ORBX, Shade, REX and others]
I Would not use the word "WOW".. I can see some lower fps in generally but it's pretty stable.Only one crash so far.I would rather se P3D as interesting path forward.
+2
It's 10 bucks if you live in the US. Some of us don't
I live in Sweden.. still ten US Bucks..No worries.

Not going to happen, they are in the business of making & taking money wherever they can get it. I would be one upset shareholder if LM thought of giving product away for free.
I guess you missed the sarcasm.

I don't care. As a rule I don't "buy" subscription products, regardless of how good they are. It's a bottomless pit.
Do you have a phone, electricity, gas, magazines, trash pickup, water, etc.?

Do you have a phone, electricity, gas, magazines, trash pickup, water, etc.?
Priorities, man. Give me a break! Would you seriously put flight simulation on the same list as water...? Electricity???!!! *Gasp* Yes, I hold all of those things to be more important than flight simulation...

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules