Sign in to follow this  
MikeT707

Microsoft Flight: Hawaii Only

Does it mean that OS 10.6 has half the features of 10.5? No.
It means exactly that, they removed a lot of old unnecessary legacy code to trim it down (something FSX was in dire need of).

Removing legacy code doesn't mean that you remove the actual features...

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

a graphic file (that is the most of files in a game) is different from a .dll or an .exe so don't compare apple with oranges. About Hawaii only, I don't believe for a second about it, you guys are so easy to jump on conclusions based only on some screenshots. When Microsoft will tell it then I'll believe...
What would you do without us guys jumping on conclusions? Would be rather boring in here, right? Don´t want conclusions and speculations? Never join a forum for unreleased products ;)

What would you do without us guys jumping on conclusions? Would be rather boring in here, right? Don´t want conclusions and speculations? Never join a forum for unreleased products ;)
oh yes... you want another speculation? Santa's sled will be present in Flight's release and will not be an addon. Are you happy now?

a graphic file (that is the most of files in a game) is different from a .dll or an .exe so don't compare apple with oranges. About Hawaii only, I don't believe for a second about it, you guys are so easy to jump on conclusions based only on some screenshots. When Microsoft will tell it then I'll believe...
Pretty sure it is not an easy or quick jump to conclusions. MS announced Flight about sixteen months ago. In those sixteen months, they have provided dozens of screenshots and a few videos, and all of a single location, which by the way, is different than previous release announcements where MS provided images of multiple locations. Also, there has been a fair amount of comments regarding frustration from the third party community, as well as no clear statement from MS that this will be a global sim. To add to that is the 10GB requirement for installation. Like I said in my original post, I hope that I eat my words, but many more pieces of information point very strongly that it will be Flight Hawaii Edition, compared to a global successor of FSX. I do not know for certain, but who knows, maybe MS will respond sometime soon to this community to answer this question that is so important to our hobby. We are loyal fans and customers of this franchise, and I for one feel that they owe us the courtesy of letting us know after such a long time of being in the dark.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

oh yes... you want another speculation? Santa's sled will be present in Flight's release and will not be an addon. Are you happy now?
No, because I don't believe in Santa. !!!

...and I for one feel that they owe us the courtesy of letting us know after such a long time of being in the dark.
Oh please... A business doesn't owe you anything before you've purchased their product.

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

We are loyal fans and customers of this franchise, and I for one feel that they owe us the courtesy of letting us know after such a long time of being in the dark.
Well they did throw us under the bus once, their programmers maybe passionate about the franchise ... but their upper echelon management has a different set of values.

Oh please... A business doesn't owe you anything before you've purchased their product.
Wow... so wrong on so many levels.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Maybe I've missed an episode or a post or something but who ever said that Flight will be just for Hawaii? I didn't see any declaration on the official site stating that was the case.Is this Hawaii only just speculation derived from the fact that so far we've only seen screenshots from Hawaii or have I really missed something more substantial?
It is nothing more-nor-less than an &@($*umption based entirely on the screenshots/videos being only from around the Hawaiian islands. It has been hysterically cited so often that it's taken on the patina of a "truth" these days.Like the illogic of trying to "prove a negative," it makes no sense whatever...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

My opinion since it's all speculations...DX9....old news to me.No clouds shadow...All addons sold from the MS store (no box addons, download only) Aerosoft is out of the picture (just to take this one for example) since they are publishing their stuff....also old news to me.Pay as you go, add to that 10GB requirement and the same old perf. problems will come back again and bite you in the a$$....still old news to me.Still look like a brand new sim. to all of you.....?

Guest HowardHughes
My opinion since it's all speculations...DX9....old news to me.No clouds shadow...All addons sold from the MS store (no box addons, download only) Aerosoft is out of the picture (just to take this one for example) since they are publishing their stuff....also old news to me.Pay as you go, add to that 10GB requirement and the same old perf. problems will come back again and bite you in the a$$....still old news to me.Still look like a brand new sim. to all of you.....?
More ridiculous assumptions based on ignorance.

Im sick and tired of seeing pics from Hawaii, yes they look fine but i really hope tsunamis and volcanoes will destroy the place.

1) Hawaii will be very highly detailed while the rest of the world will be less detailed. Perhaps they are only featuring Hawaii in screenshots because this is where all of the training/ most of the missions will take place, and where the default flight will start (Like FSX with the San Juan Islands).2) The whole world will be highly detailed. They found a way to make all of the detail fit into 10GB (Coming from someone who has no game coding experience).I am thinking that the first one will be it. Keep in mind that these are just based on gut feelings and some logical thinking.

That's quite easy, guys.MF default with Hawaii only - $74.99...add North America + $29.99...add Europe + 29.99...add Asia and Pacific + 49.99
This is almost a given, Hawaii will be a base and other titles will be released separately. They finally learned from third party developers how to make money on the community. For anyone that thinks they'll release the entire world in one shot, you're deluded. I just hope that the time frame from the base release will be reasonable or otherwise I'm not interested.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.