Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

My First Forum “BANNED” ORBX

Guest greenie

Hi Dave , sent you a pm.Looking at the names here there will not be much worth reading on the Orbx Forums anymore anyway !!Guys , I sympathise with you. Must admit to being somewhat put off at their Christmas sale on their new releases. I have always bought at first release but now I will be far more selective and wait a while for the other shop sales ( basically waiting for GB ) ..any airports are very much in the balance.Cheers guys , first post here ( I think )...alan2

Welcome Greenie!Welcome to AVSIM simulation "family". :(

Edited by benorg

<<content removed>>
@Rockliffe, please keep in mind this is a family website. I would greatly appreciate if you would consider leaving those type of details out of the forums. Thank you for understanding!

OK, today is another day. Although the sky remains grey and has been for the past four days in good old UK, I will be jumping aboard my trusty NGX for a flight down to Corfu, where the sun will shine and all will be good. Have a good weekend fellas.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Surprised to hear you got banned Howard, personally I took a hint from the holiday JV's posts to mean that he dosen't desire pricing/marketing feedback from customers and wants the FTX forum to be mainly for support and not the two way communication dev and customer social site many of us had become used to, and I've adjusted my visits accordingly, mostly less often and just for product updates, previews, support.I still visit the screenshot forums there which is/was one of my favorite areas I enjoy but am glad to see other regulars from there on AVSIM and SOH, and so it's definitely good to see a dedicated forum here for unofficial ORBX discussion since it is still one of my favorite sceneries I plan to continue to enjoy perhaps not as blindly or loyally as before, but still when the quality/value is there and worth discussion without so much worry about unintentionally stepping over the line.Anyhow thanks Tom for the subforum and Stephen for taking on moderating duties, I hope this subforum will get more busy with more of us ORBX scenery users and past regulars at the official forums, hopefully we won't just be talking about bans, again sorry to hear Howard, but good to see you here.

--John near KPAE

Surprised to hear you got banned Howard, personally I took a hint from the holiday JV's posts to mean that he dosen't desire pricing/marketing feedback from customers and wants the FTX forum to be mainly for support and not the two way communication dev and customer social site many of us had become used to, and I've adjusted my visits accordingly, mostly less often and just for product updates, previews, support.I still visit the screenshot forums there which is/was one of my favorite areas I enjoy but am glad to see other regulars from there on AVSIM and SOH, and so it's definitely good to see a dedicated forum here for unofficial ORBX discussion since it is still one of my favorite sceneries I plan to continue to enjoy perhaps not as blindly or loyally as before, but still when the quality/value is there and worth discussion without so much worry about unintentionally stepping over the line.Anyhow thanks Tom for the subforum and Stephen for taking on moderating duties, I hope this subforum will get more busy with more of us ORBX scenery users and past regulars at the official forums, hopefully we won't just be talking about bans, again sorry to hear Howard, but good to see you here.
Hi John, well, I got up this morning, logged in over here and then popped across to my Orbx account only to find that my blocked access has been lifted. There was a reply from Ian explaining the reasons, which we all know even though cannot understand. Anyway, although I'm pleased to remain over there and be able to discuss things with my virtual buddies, the things that have been said and the way things have been done have left a taste in my mouth. So sure, a little like you John, I will visit accordingly I guess. It's nice to know that we have a friendly group of ex Orbxees over here, it's a little like having a school reunion :(

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

but to see old stallwards like Nyxx, J van E and Rockliffe and a few other mainstays, surely is an eye opener as I never ever thought guys like you will ever get banned/have limited posting previledges
Just for the record: I didn't get banned or anything (at least not that I know), I simply left myself...

but to see old stallwards like Nyxx, J van E and Rockliffe and a few other mainstays, surely is an eye opener as I never ever thought guys like you will ever get banned/have limited posting previledges
It sure is.Good to see your back Howard although I thought you were more vocal on here than me as I am still banned :)But silly us for thinking we are valued customers.“Our customers aren't loyal because of how I behave and communicate. Anyone who thinks that is fooling themselves”What fools we are.This sums it all up well for me.“Arrogant”"making claims or pretensions to superior importance or rights; overbearingly assuming; insolently proud.When a person is led to believe that they are in some way more superior to everybody else.“In fact when I see comments from people calling me arrogant, I generally take that as a compliment since it reminds me of my Dutch heritage”I’ve always found Dutch people to be per light and respectful.To sum up I feel a fool, I bought 2 of their products when they were still asking for investors with 25K to invest in them and I wanted to in a small way help out and bought 2 products just to support them just like I bought the A2A P40, not a plane that I like the looks of but A2A are small and ……well that’s just the fool l must be.If only these people like that had a shop and had to deal with people face to face, food for thought.With 1300 views in just over a day and with all the very kind PM I have got, it just shows the other side of there "Reputation" Edited by NyxxUK

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Howard, dont mean this in any way offensive to you, but your statements here on AVSIM have been far more critical than anything I said about Orbx, yet my posting rights are still removed since the end of December!Double standards indeed.As for getting Orbx support for purchases from e-mail, I can see exactly where that will get me...................

Hi Glenn, if my posts have been critical then it's because I feel strongly about things. I have always tried to live by the words my mother told me 'treat people in a way you'd want to be treated yourself.' Because of this, I will say my piece, but hopefully with respect and good grace. I do not like to be rude to anyone, if I am it is for a very good reason. If I am proved wrong, I will be the first person to put my hand up and apologise. In fact if you scour the forums you may well find several posts that I have conceded an opinion and done just that.Glenn my friend, I don't think there are any double standards. I think it's probably more a question of timing. I don't want to sound patronising towards the gentleman in question, but maybe, just maybe, he's read this thread and in doing so it has enabled him to take a step back and ask a few questions. I hope that is the case and that Orbx can take a more humble approach towards their customers and maybe even more so towards those, like Dave, who have been so loyal and supportive over the years.

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard

First off I really like their products. I will still buy anything that interests me there - great quality creations. Enough said there. However there has been an attitude present from almost day one and it has become more prominent. I got flamed almost from almost my first post and it was about my username. And, they were serious. There is an "in" crowd there and you better "yes sir, yes sir, three bags full sir" if you want to fit in. Dave

Been banned for way over a year now.. I still purchase their products. Still think it is amazing stuff and have taken FSX to another level.Biggest drawback was to see always all the new updates etc as they were released.. that was the only thing I really miss from being banned. apart from that I did not miss ORBX one dayThen I got a lucky break to be able to rejoin.. I asked Jay about it how come I can sign up again, and he told me it is a new start and everyone got a second chance..then one day I showed them on a little miss representation as they said something cannot be one and I told them it can be done and showed them the proof.."Ahhh we know who you are..." BLAM..!! no more posting rightsSo all I can say there are some pretty decent people there at ORBX, for me it is just one or two individuals that really give the place a bad name and "vibe". I trully feel sorry for those people that have to work there as it really cannot be a very nice work environment.and maybe in a while those that were banned might also get a second break, but please if you do get such a break, keep in line and "yes sir" all the way if you want to keep your sign-on active

Edited by bliksimpie