Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

My First Forum “BANNED” ORBX

It appears I am now fully banned from the ORBX forums, so not just restricted from posting anything, but can't even go in and read up on support questions and answers or updates for my products either. Precious. :( Oh well, I guess I have joined the club along with many of you here and will make the best of it. :( :( "So let the sunshine in, face it with a grin, smilers never lose, and frowners never win" :Whistle:Kind regards,
Its funny how you are the moderator of the ORBX forums on AVSIM now...

Danny

It appears I am now fully banned from the ORBX forums, so not just restricted from posting anything, but can't even go in and read up on support questions and answers or updates for my products either. Precious. :( Oh well, I guess I have joined the club along with many of you here and will make the best of it. :( :( "So let the sunshine in, face it with a grin, smilers never lose, and frowners never win" :Whistle:Kind regards,
Hi Stephen, you dont have to access the forums to get the patches/updates, they are available from the 'front page' mateRegards Dave

Hi Stephen, you dont have to access the forums to get the patches/updates, they are available from the 'front page' mateRegards Dave
Thanks Dave,I realize that, but I will no longer be able to have a heads up about them when announced, but that's OK. There are other ways of finding out these things. Anything important will likely also be posted publically here. No worries.Kind regards,

Stephan Why were you Banned? I have not visited the Orbx forums since early last month,I just don't feel any connection with their ideology.
No idea Patrick, but it doesn't matter. I am still a fan of the ORBX products and will not become negative against the ORBX team or take it personally. It's not my problem.It is what it is, whatever it is. Isn't it? :smile:Kind regards,

It's like you never existed. Shame on them.
Thanks Ron,No shame for most of them though, as they have been very kind and helpful to me, before and since, and I am the better by far for knowing them. However it is a shame. But FS is a small world, and paths cross and crisscross all over the place, and in some surprising ways sometimes.Kind regards,

You must be one of those 'Turn the other cheek' guys. :D

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Below is my last post at Orbx before it got deleted, as soon as I posted it I copied it and pasted it in a folder knowing what will happen to it...as I said before, they have good scenery but I quit buying them some time ago....I don't know if I can post overthere as I have not tried since then...===================I will not be writing on this forum anymore unless I need support for a product I already have from Orbx.There is two type of man, the leaders and the followers....I'm the first type of man, that is why I have to quit giving my opinion here. I like a good discussion when it is a respectfull one and so far that's what this forums alowed us to have BUT I will never keep quiet in fears of been kick out of this forum or because I can upset somebody who does not agree with me or the opinion expressed by some members when it's done respectfully. In the past few days, inclucing today, I saw some member's post been deleted, post where members were expressing their opinions on a specific subject in a manner I will consider a little sarcastic but very laughable at in a good way, it is sad to see something like that happening for no good reason (reason for deleting not explained).....I'm sure a lot of you are getting my drift.Like one of the deleted post said......if you stand up for what you belive you will be shot down...guess what, I am standing up and I will never bend over to take it up the %^)@ and say thank you because I'm told to.So long guys...

Edited by alainneedle1

Stephen and Howard banned from Orbx forums is this some kind of joke you must be kidding me you guys were that forum I can't belive it - wow

Rich Sennett

I used to consider the orbx forums my online 'home', even though I rarely posted. Amazing to see the names here in this thread.The orbx forum was never pitched as support only - what about the 'pilot clubhouse with the coke machine in the corner?'. Always sounded kind of relaxing. Now it seems its 'be a 'yes' man or get banned'.I've got lots of the orbx product. A lot of it I bought cos i thought i was supporting a small developer to help the hobby grow, i've got at least 4 products I bought and didn't even install.To,be honest i don't use orbx a great deal any more. Its good for what it does, but i'm mainly flying the ngx and other jets and I don't think landclass based scenery works very well for this sort of flying.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Stephen and Howard banned from Orbx forums is this some kind of joke you must be kidding me you guys were that forum I can't belive it - wow
Howard hasn't been banned, I saw him post something over there just yesterday. I think maybe his posts are screened though. Edited by St Mawgan

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

A lot of it I bought cos i thought i was supporting a small developer to help the hobby grow,
It was like that in the beginning, but now Orbx has shareholders and they fly from down under to England to negociate England sceneries. Doesn't sound like a small developer anymore. :( (Well, maybe JV was on a visit in the Netherlands to check out his heritage and used the opportunty to visit England too, but however you look at it, Orbx isn't a small developer anymore.)Maybe Stephen got banned just for being a mod here? I guess we'll never know. I am curious if I can still access Orbx...EDITAh, I see I can't login anymore and my name over there now is Guest_J van E*. So they granted my wish to delete my account after all. Very kind. I already wondered what kept them so long. :( Edited by J van E

I was watching in interest from the beginning, pre-AU blue. So I have noted the difference. Ah well, everything changes.As for orbx uk, doesn't make much sense to me. Uk is small enough to easily cover with photoscenery, which has already been done by 2 companies. The airports are already covered well by uk2000 which fits with the above. If you don't like flat photosenery there's fs treescapes. The only real plus i see is hand-placed autogen for the towns - that would be nice.If i was orbx i'd be stepping in to one of the other european countries where there's not already so muvh coverage. Uk, germany and switzerland are really the only european countries with scenert i want to fly over at the moment.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Guess I will soon be added to the "banned" list as well. I just posted a topic concerning Anthony Lynch's new Tecnam Eaglet, perfect for Orbx sightseeing btw, on their general forum. It was instantly removed. Opened another one asking for an explanation and met the same fate... Not a friendly place anymore :(

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

Guess I will soon be added to the "banned" list as well. I just posted a topic concerning Anthony Lynch's new Tecnam Eaglet, perfect for Orbx sightseeing btw, on their general forum. It was instantly removed. Opened another one asking for an explanation and met the same fate...Not a friendly place anymore :(
Absolute pathetic, but then again (and it is purely speculative), but I think Anthony is also one of those that not afraid to put across his point of view and from reading between the lines I think there is some sour grapes about Anthony.. Somehow something he said must have been taken wrong, or correct and they didn't like it at all and I suspect it actually came from long ago over at OZx. It is not the first time I have seen posts removed on anything containing Anthony's products over at ORBX.

Guess I will soon be added to the "banned" list as well. I just posted a topic concerning Anthony Lynch's new Tecnam Eaglet, perfect for Orbx sightseeing btw, on their general forum. It was instantly removed.
It's all getting more than a little bizarre.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776