Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Secret Project #1: This one is a classic!

Surely looks both really good inside an out as well I'm sure it would be fun to learn the ends & outs but I think I'm going to pass. I too am more a "modern maniac" and just wouldn't feel right to me flying this in the way I like to sim. Hope it's a huge success but I kinda thought PMDG was not impressed or thrilled from the sounds of past comments I've seen with the MD-11 sales for the fact the community considered that plane "old" and figure myself PMDG would try to stay modern.I had fingers crossed it was going to be a Gulfstream V, now I just hope these classics want slow development of T7.
same here .... like to fly aircraft you can actually see in the skies today!

Grew up in Boston Mass. with Eastern Air Shuttle Constellations flying still til '68, so this is a start towards what the real old time fans want!Fly Eastern...... Number One to the Sun :)Northeast Sunliners also- DC-6A service around NE skies til 1966 :)

Tierborn, there are a few of these still in the air... there are so few though, and that is what makes it in FSX such a speciality!I can't wait for this steam gauge heaven!Andrew

I dont mind if the airplane is almost not in the skies anymore. I'm only 17, have never seen one in my life, have never lived in the times were the DC-6B was still in service a lot, but I don't mind, because:1. PMDG makes it.2. It's fun anyway to learn and fly this classic.

Jeez.. Since the announcement of the DC6, I have found myself digging up a load of info, videos and audio files. I hate to say it, but this just may pull my butt out of the NGX for a bit. I am excited for some far north cargo runs. Let's hope Bryan can help us with a good crew to help manage this beast!I really hope the soundset gets the attention it deserves! I have a few other piston pounder sims I have downloaded, and the soundsets have really degraded the overall experience. A certain B17 sim has really done the radial justice with their sounds. I hope PMDG follows this type of realistic soundset.

The DC-4 was where I learned the importance of flying the trimwheel. If you let the airplane operate out of trim, you'd wind up with a sore arm at the conclusion of the flight..
Robert - here's some footage I took while working with a C-54, dressed up as an airtanker. Thought it might spark some memories:

And this is for everyone who loves the sound of radial and jet engines; a P2V with a pair of Westinghouse J34s under each wing (crank up the volume for this one):

I look forward to the debut of PMDG's DC-6!

Hi Pete,Wich airfield is this?Thanks.EricHi Pete,Wich airfield is this?Thanks.Erichmmmm which I mean....

Strict Standards: Declaration of group_forum_breadcrumb::sendOutput() should be compatible with that of output::sendOutput() in /opt/webdocs/newsite/forum/hooks/group_forum_breadcrumb_d29bf565a59f776807044fd19e49258a.php on line 107

Hi Pete,Wich airfield is this?Thanks.EricHi Pete,Wich airfield is this?Thanks.Erichmmmm which I mean....
Eric - its KALM, Alamogordo, NM.Pete

Lovely and unexpected project. I was just thinking, what about a Boeing 737 Classic (300/400/500) after this?

Lovely and unexpected project. I was just thinking, what about a Boeing 737 Classic (300/400/500) after this?
would be amazing

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Now that we are all so much exited about the upcoming 777 and 747 is there any word about the release of the DC-6?CheersMarc

Now that we are all so much exited about the upcoming 777 and 747 is there any word about the release of the DC-6?CheersMarc
Like wise...was hoping to get my hands on the DC6 by now, the sreenshots looked like it was a long why down the dvelopment line some months back at the start of this thread....any chance of an update or some more screen shots of her to keep our appetites wetted?

Rgds, Shaun

Me too...I'm looking forward to this one more than another modern tube (as much as I love my MD-11 and 737NGX :( ). The frenzy over the 777 and 747v2 is incredible in light of the DC6 announcement and the magnificent NGX...we want more, more, more...please?I long to torture myself by trying to master engine and navigational management of this one...rather than pushing more buttons (for a change!).

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Since the words 'PMDG' and 'A2A' were used here, I'd fancy the idea of a Boeing 307 Stratoliner!A2A already have the B-17G, and with proper modifications, some captain of the ship, and new engines, we could have the most graceful airliner of the 1930's!509054969_af8646ef04_o.jpgb307.jpg307-10a.jpg

Inactive