Sign in to follow this  
armchairpil0t

What improvements does Flight have over FSX?

Great! Didn't realize we could run too. Thanks Fr. Bill!Best regards,Jim
You can also zoom using the mouse wheel. You can find aerocaches from miles away doing that!

Hey JimHow are you man? How's that super computer of yours?Kind regards,
Things are well brother. Ihavn't had a desktop since July (gave it to my son) and am now on a SB laptop that does OK with FSX and Flight.You are probably like me and waiting for Ivy Bridge and the next gen nVidia cards. I know that I'll be in a much better place (Flight Sim wise) when that happens.Sounds like your ASUS / SB system is still honking away. Let us know any Ivy Bridge news you glean from your sources.Cheersjja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

There are some minor graphical improvements over FSX, but gameplay wise I see it has a gigantic step backwards. TBH I see no reason why anybody that owns FSX would want to play it, unless they have performance issues with FSX.

There are some minor graphical improvements over FSX
:LMAO: You are so funny. Just%20Kidding.gifThe graphics are so much better then FSX out of the box, you must almost be blind not to see and appreciate it. Really. Some of the graphics are simply impossible to get in FSX, even by using addons.I own FSX but still want to play MS Flight because it's great, it's fun and far more immersive (also thanks toe the graphical improvements). Edited by J van E

There are some minor graphical improvements over FSX, but gameplay wise I see it has a gigantic step backwards. TBH I see no reason why anybody that owns FSX would want to play it, unless they have performance issues with FSX.
Interesting statement. I own, play, and love my FSX and also am having a blast with Flight - and it's graphics and performance are fantastic.And as is evidenced on this forum, I am not alone in that position.

I own FSX and haven't played it in months. Even buying the NGX couldn't rekindle my interest in it.Flight, on the other hand...... :smile:

Interesting statement. I own, play, and love my FSX and also am having a blast with Flight - and it's graphics and performance are fantastic.And as is evidenced on this forum, I am not alone in that position.
+1I fly the RV7 in FSX, mainly in PNW scenery and fly the RV6 throughout the Hawaiian Islandsmainly in "threatening weather".. great, both of them! Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

Lets call them moderate graphical improvements rather than minor. Some things, like the lighting, remind us how old the fsx engine is. The smoothness and relative lack of autogen pop-up are pleasing.The simplicity of startup and a clean interface with minimal loading times are a joy for when you want a quick flight.The graphics fall down in a couple of areas. Some of the clouds look fake. As2012 or rex clearly win at the moment.The tile-based graphics suffer from the problems that tile-based graphics have - the world is fake when you look carefully. And from up high it looks pretty average, like FSX does. Above a few thousand feet my fsx+megascenery+newport looks better, photoscenery matches the terrain contours of those volcanic ridges in a way tiles never will.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

I like that I don't feel compelled to reboot before I get started and that I can have Pandora, Excel, Quickbooks, and a remote desktop running without fear of crashing.

Edited by Rush1169

I like that I don't feel compelled to reboot before I get started and that I can have Pandora, Excel, Quickbooks, and a remote desktop running without fear of crashing.
Right on brother. I can be working on several things on my desktop, then without worrying about closing anything down or loading up a joystick file, just launch Flight and off I go for a few minutes of fun and adventure - pretty cool.

Yes! Being able to use the Windows-key to switch to another program AND being able to get back to MS Flight without ANY problems is a blessing. No more 'alt-enter-and-hopefully-it-won't-lock-up' or 'I-do-hear-my-plane-but-I-still-see-the-desktop-HELP!' :wink: And no matter what I do performance stays solid. Love that.

Another improvement (maybe mentioned already, but I didn't read it anywhere yet): the runway landing lights! They look REAL now! No more big blurbs of light, no matter what tweak I used, they look hue and awfull from a distance). The lights look awesome in the night and have a realistic size. As said, they just look real and I never thought that in FSX.I also like that when you pick a plane in the hangar , the fuel icon will light up and flash a little when fuel is really low.

Edited by J van E

No popping autogen, no stutterings, no BSOD, improved cockpit and all around shadows and more.......
Granted some have those problems, but I have little to no stuttering or BSOD with my I7 2600K at 4.9 Ghz. The autogen I have adjusted to an acceptable level. The real plus I see for flight is ready no fuss flying right out box. That and they provide tasks and missions. Still I prefer the complexity of a full simulator and providing my own imagination to create scenarios and flight plans.

i9-12900K | Asus ROG Strix Z690-F Gaming | RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR5 | Win 10 Pro | Acer Predator UltraWide 3440x1440 (G-Sync)

Granted some have those problems, but I have little to no stuttering or BSOD with my I7 2600K at 4.9 Ghz. The autogen I have adjusted to an acceptable level. The real plus I see for flight is ready no fuss flying right out box. That and they provide tasks and missions. Still I prefer the complexity of a full simulator and providing my own imagination to create scenarios and flight plans.
And there is no problems what so ever with what you like.Be safe flying.

One of the biggest improvements I see in MS Flight is that there is a lot more to see. The Mesh terrain is better and if you just fly by some of the airports it's evident that they put a lot of effort in attention to detail. We may have to pay more in the end, but each new region they offer will be much higher quality than FSX was.