Sign in to follow this  

What Flightplanner?

Hi all

What flightplanner do you guys use/recommend?

I use V-Route and have done for a few years but i'd like something with a bit more depth when it comes to choosing sids/stars.

So what's out there and what do you guys recommend?

Cheers everyone :smile:

Chris Howard

Hello

I use and recommend FSCommander, allows you to load the weather into the planner to help you determine landing runway then visually select Sid , Star and transitions.

I use and recommend FSCommander, allows you to load the weather into the planner to help you determine landing runway then visually select Sid , Star and transitions.

Can you optimize routes for winds ?

Hi,

My choice is FSBuild.

http://www.fsbuild.com/

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

I will be using PFPX when it comes out!

For now I use Plan-G for VFR, Topcat for TO and fuel calcs and Aivlasoft EFB to build IFR plans.

Can you optimize routes for winds ?

Hello

You know it can't , that's exactly why you asked.

But what other Planner can lay out SIDS/Stars visually , detect VFR airspace violations , act as a moving map ect.

Not wishing to get into a pi****g contest over a flight planner though, use whatever you fancy.

cheers

Hi,

My choice is FSBuild.

http://www.fsbuild.com/

Same here. Have it installed on my networked computer and then import the flight plan in to AS2012 and am all set to go.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Ok cheers chaps

Im looking into FSBuild and commander, just looking through the features list of both progs before i take the plunge.

Chris Howard

FS Commander for me too. I do also have FSBuild, and liked it for ages, but for me, FSC definitely has the edge.

Ok cheers chaps

Im looking into FSBuild and commander, just looking through the features list of both progs before i take the plunge.

If you can wait, why not see how PFPX pans out - currently slated for a release late summer...

Hahaha!!

Dont know what one to go for!

I may do what you said Iain and wait to see how PFPX turns out, im not in any major rush.

Chris Howard

Fsbuild (and yes, I do also have fs commander), Topcat and Aivlasoft EFB (which by the way makes fs commander look very childish when it comes to Sid and Star selection.