Sign in to follow this  
Stanner

Electronic Flight Bag any opinion?

Don't like the Avilasoft EFB. No hi alt charts, and too man runways missing in FSK. Ran the demo and deleted it. I'll stick with nDAC for my charts and FSBuild for the rest.

Don't like the Avilasoft EFB. No hi alt charts, and too man runways missing in FSK. Ran the demo and deleted it. I'll stick with nDAC for my charts and FSBuild for the rest.

+1

How is it compared to FSWidgets' EFB?

Thanks,

Dirk.

tried the fswidget and now using Avilasoft efb which is far better in details etc and give more functions to use

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Nice, I've just found in my archives that I bought Avlasoft EFB in 2011 and never got to try it. Will install it and see myself.

Thanks,

Dirk.

I use EFB along with Plan G, VoxATC/VATSIM and nDAC, for me they are all must have add ons and work in synergy together. These are all on a networked latptop that its next to my sim PC, killer combination for me.

I recently bought Aivlasoft's EFB after trying out the demo for maybe an hour, i decided it was a must have for me. I have dual monitors so it runs alongside FSX in windowed mode and is truly a great addon. I do not fly without it.

Computer Specs: i5-4690K 3.5 GHz overclocked to 4.0GHz / MSI GTX 960 4GB Video Card / 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 1866MHz DDR3 System RAM / MSI Z97-G45 Motherboard / Crucial MX200 500GB mSATA SSD

Me too, just a pity that the app plate info often is wrong, even if I have the latest airac cycle installed. Other than that it is great. I hope v2 is launched soon, it has been mentioned on their forum for at least a year...

23.png

It seems expensive before you try it, then you realize that it allows you so much more flying time, pulling so many key processes together, and does it so neatly. It makes tube liner flying infinitely more enjoyable and absorbing. +1 on the above comments about the need for two monitors, essential really. Highly recommended.

Does it contain a chart database? I use Flight Sim Commander, which is excellent for route planning but I still have to download my charts and use the pdfkneeboard module.

There are no charts in EFB, I recommend www.navigraph.com, they offer both charts and navdata.

23.png

I find it really helps with learning to fly retro aircraft which don't have an FMS, you can always see where you are and if your radio nav is putting you where you think you are.

Good for seeing other VATSIM planes, who they are, speeds ate in real time so you can do useful stuff with Unicom such as who

Ands first or people around even.

I have Aivlasoft EFB and enjoy it a lot. The moving maps, particularly on approach and on ground at airports are great, and the flight planning works very well as well.

However, there is one issue with the system that is not mentioned in the review above and that does bother me a little, and that is that it forces you to always run FSX real time. Doesn't sound like a big problem, but if you tend to fly during the evenings in the winter, or like to fly in Orb-X Australia/NZ for example and live in Europe, you will always end up flying in the night which is a shame.

I actually ended up flying more in the US last winter, as it would be the only continent with sunlight during the hours that I would get to fly!

This can be switched off in the Data Provider...Settings...Misc...Uncheck Sync UTC time....Simples.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

OKAY...  Time for my mea culpa...

Bought PFPX and didn't like it either.  Went back and tried the Aivlasoft EFB and figured out it wasn't the Aivlasoft product, it was ME.  I never bothered to read the fine print.  So, now is working great on monitor #3 and I'm actually very pleased with it.  One of my issues was that I never saw the Route Finder plugin, and I didn't realize that I had to update the AIRAC module to what level my NGX is for the FMS and the EFB to agree. Now, insert sheepish but happy grin here...

Kattz