Sign in to follow this  
jb17011

The End of Flight?

Hmmm goodbye, you will not be missed.

Not cool.

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

I wonder how many of the developers on FLIGHT felt they were on a sinking ship with lets face it, alot of negative feedback once even the beta starting rolling out.

But..These highly skilled guys know how to make flight simulation but I can only assume were being pointed in the wrong direction from men in suits.

ORBX, PMDG and other top developers who we all know are passionate about bringing us a realistic experience should snap the Flight developers up and see what happens..

Mmm..., unfortunately a sign of times. Nowadays there are plenty of multinationals that has to make (financial) choices.

I thank the staff of AVsim for there efforts to make this a fine MSF-place to be and all the contributors too.

I presume that I will play Flight just a few hours more and than I will remove it. The world doesn't end ;-)

Good games never die, they just fade away ...

Best to you

Not cool.

I know how you feel, and i apologise for hurting your feelings, but they would be much better if they released what it was ment to be, not this...game? They just didn't listen.

Wow looks like some FSX fans were really hurt when MS decided to bring out a game. Just, wow, let out the anger guys it's no good repressing all those feelings!

This is not my case, but they wouldn't have ended FLIGHT if they did follow FSX's path or similar.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

:o This thread will go over 20fps, i mean 20 pages :lol: by the end of the day.

I should have taken you up for a bet! :lol:

Not really surprised! Coming from decades of MS Flight Simulator to MS Flight, it was bound to fail for me. I thought it had some potential, especially as it made easy for all the people new to flight simulation. But it lacked a whole lot of realism. I jumped onto the Prepar3D train and I'm happy! Although the stupid VRS Superbug won't work. Too bad, but I'll live.

For any who have missed it: CLICK

Official response from Joshua Howard to AVSIM.

Not really surprised! Coming from decades of MS Flight Simulator to MS Flight, it was bound to fail for me.

+1, for me too. Hope we will see FS11 one day.

This will be the 2nd time the ACES team was killed off, because their product was not financially viable; and this is after they were getting 100% of the cut off the DLC. For people who think that a phoenix will rise from the ashes of FLIGHT or that somehow Microsoft will go back to their "roots" and make FS11 the way it was intended, need to come to the realization that there will be no 3rd time.

It was a miracle there was even a second chance for flight simulation under the MS banner.

There will certainly be no third one. Not in this decade, at least. At the earliest, they might reconsider in five years. Add three years of development time and we're in 2020.

Considering the fact that creating MSFS11 would mean Microsoft would have to admit they were wrong, I'm sad to say theres pretty much zero chance of another Flight Simulator project coming from them for the forseeable future. Or at least not until we all forget about this debacle.

Really would have loved FS11,don't understand why MS killed the franchise.Anyway all good things come to an end,feel really sorry for the guys and gals at the Studio who were let go,hope all find employment soon as from what Flight could have been they are a talented bunch.

Pretty much the end of flight simming for me as I think Xplane is terrible and don't really understand the nuances of prepar3d.

Anyway not bitter,will move on an concentrate all my pc time to racing sims.

Hope this sub section of Flight doesn't die straight away for the sake of the people left playing for the next few months.

RIP MS Flight Sim(some really great times had over the past 15 years or so,gone but not forgotten).

Hmmm goodbye, you will not be missed. Now sell the code and make it worth.

EDIT: All of that was pretty hostile to FSX users and I am not going to let it stand. Post another one like this one, and you won't be posting at all.

Edited by Tom Allensworth
Out of line and provocative.

Hope this sub section of Flight doesn't die straight away for the sake of the people left playing for the next few months.

I hear ya - I think I got as much enjoyment out of participating on this Flight forum, as I did actually flying the sim itself.

I should have taken you up for a bet! :lol:

just what we need, a gambling addiction added to our flightsim addiction :lol: ..........we are at page12 and there are 7 more hours until midnight(est time zone), page20 will arrive soon on RWY 7R :Party: