Sign in to follow this  
Joseph_Van

What will you do on your 777 longhauls

I usually visit different forums so that won't change (avsim, iracing, etc). Ultra long haul I will probably set it up before I go to bed. Wake up with a couple hours to go and land. My office/sim room is just across the hall from my bedroom so if I turn the volume up a bit and leave the doors open I can hear the engines :)

Tim

Scandi, thanks, great quality info!

You're welcome. The dark side doesn't often shed much light/information on the situation...haha.

Kyle Rodgers

Study the FCOM, try to catch PMDG out on things they failed to model (never happens!)

Catch up on work/emails, fuel and system checks every 30mins, listen to music & watch a few movies on the laptop, and most definetly browse the web and learn a bit about the countries I fly over.

Haven't flown virtual long haul for years so looking forward to taking a day out every now and again for some me time..

Oh yeah..try not to drink so much beer that I have to do an autoland after 10 hours!

Rob Prest

I work out. Hit the bike then the weights for an hour. Do crosswords. Watch Ice Pilots or any other show. Been so long since I have done a long haul. Ever since the NGX I can't seem to jump into the 747. I usually do 5 hour WestJet Longhauls and can hardly wait to add a few hours on there with the T7. Super answers though guys, always interesting to see what the others do.

Cheers

If I ever manage to do a full long-haul flight with the 777, I'll go out, sleep or do something for school. I wasn't even able to do a full flight with the NGX since last spring, just some touch 'n go's, procedures and difficult approaches.

EDIT: If I did 8-14 hour flights, my mom would probably kill me :LMAO:

Play call of duty or watch tv or something. That's what I usually do when I'm flying any long haul flight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

I do a lot of longhauls. I have been using the Wilco 777, which does not seem to be as bad as many claim. Plus there is the Aerosim 787.

Many long haul fights seem to take place at night -- particularly eastbound flights over the Atlantic or Pacific. Everytime I have crossed the Pond going east in real life has been at night.

In the simulator, I start the flight in the evening go to bed. When I get up the next morning, I can run errands, do shopping and the like. When my flight gets close -- sometimes on a really long flight like Newark to New Delhi, I start watching the sim again.

I have found that if I acknowlege a handoff, but don't tune to the next controller, the default ATC will not terminate my plan. When I get back to the sim, I just tune back in. If I don't do this, I end up changing something in the scenery library -- which allows me to reconnect to my IFR plan without going through a lot of contortions or having to reload my plan.

I figure this may actually be closer to real life because there really does not seem to be an expectation that one person is supposed to fly the plane for hours on end single handed. It seems that the tasks can be split between the pilot and co-pilot. This allows for them to take naps. Plus, in real life they are getting paid for it.

Also, I tend to use FSX Follow. I can watch my flight on an I-Pad if I am going somewhere to eat.

I am caring for someone with severe dementia and it simply is not feasible to remain glued to my seat for hours on end. This is how I kill time while watching my father. But family comes first.

Happy Flight + Good Luck

Both made by ANA, Both to be played on long ANA flights!

Seems perfectly legit!

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

For me, it all depends if they simulate the crew awareness alert thing then I obviously can't go very far otherwise I would be sleeping watching something or reading, maybe even go to work

Guest Matthew Pankau

Hey Everyone! I'm really excited to start flying this bird. I think it will be a big learning curve from domestic flights to international but I'm excited to learn how it all works. I was wondering if there is any way you guys protect your flights from a crash? I don't have a problem but flight sim can crash at random times when it feels like it I feel like this happening over the ocean on a 14 hour flight would be just devastating. Is there any way you save your flights position automatically? Something that allows it to pick up exactly where you left off? Thanks much ,

Matt

Hey Everyone! I'm really excited to start flying this bird. I think it will be a big learning curve from domestic flights to international but I'm excited to learn how it all works. I was wondering if there is any way you guys protect your flights from a crash? I don't have a problem but flight sim can crash at random times when it feels like it I feel like this happening over the ocean on a 14 hour flight would be just devastating. Is there any way you save your flights position automatically? Something that allows it to pick up exactly where you left off? Thanks much ,

Matt

Registered fsuipc auto save.

Matt

Registered fsuipc auto save.