Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rsrandazzo

PMDG 777: How realistic will it be?

120 posts in this topic

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Sounds amazing!

Appreciate you taking time from your Christmas to write this - thank you!

Could you not throw in at least one screenshot for Christmas? Please? Cheery on top?

)-:

This sounds fantastic. The little things really come together and make these sims special.

Wow that sounds like a lot of detail and a lot of work. Thanks for sharing. Just out of curiousity, does the 777 have the same types of customer options like the 737 does in regards to items such as all the display configurations?

So that's why you guys take so long. I thought you guys just sat around working for 5 minutes and spent the rest of the time laughing at us. :lol:

The 777 is sounding better and better. Keep up the good work.

Wow that sounds like a lot of detail and a lot of work. Thanks for sharing. Just out of curiousity, does the 777 have the same types of customer options like the 737 does in regards to items such as all the display configurations?

The reason that Boeing came up with the PFD/ND and EFIS/MAP displays is so that the costs/time spent training pilots on both the classic 737 and 737NG coule be lower.

The 777 doesn't have the EFIS/MAP displays. Though I'm sure the 777 has things such as the landing altitude bar, rising runway, and AOA dial.

Sounds like she'll have everything except a fully stocked mini bar and a toilet. Looking forward to it and greatly appreciate all the info n' updates RSR.

But, does it have the cup holders modeled correctly? On the captains side panel, they must be removable, easily cleaned, hold an airline standard coffee cup and soda can. The nice MCE crew lady brings us many drinks (too many sometimes like right now ;)). If we use it too much then we should be forced to use the simulated lavatory.

Thanks for the update and Merry Christmas :)

It's very understandable that these should be modeled correctly. It's a tendency that many of us have to model absolutely correctly and fully. Considering the complexity of algorithms and implementation, take your time. As a EE , I fully understand what takes time. So take your time.

This is the level of detail I really admire and appreciate. It is an even greater feat when the product is considerably performance-friendly, which PMDG has demonstrated in the past.

Systems-wise, I do not think any of us have concerns about the PMDG B777. Based on my largely positive experience with the PMDG B747, one minor visual improvement I really hope to see in the PMDG B777 is an improved landing gear animation. I find softly lowering the entire rear gear of any wide-bodied aircraft, whether an A330 or a B747, to be challenging but satisfying when done properly. I am really hoping that the gear of the PMDG B777 will un-tilt after touchdown in a manner more faithful to the real aircraft (i.e., difficult not to let it slam to the ground) instead of relating directly to the pitch of the aircraft, as seen with the gear of the PMDG B747.