Sign in to follow this  
Irate

A new aircraft idea after the 777!

Military aircraft are more than likely not on the agenda for us for several reasons:

1. The nature of military classification makes it essentially impossible for us to obtain accurate data on the systems, avionics, performance etc of such aircraft. The USAF doesn't want an accurate desktop sim giving potential enemy countries a look at the capabilities of our brand new military aircraft, trust me...

2. The military simulation market for FSX is far smaller than the market for commercial airliner and GA products - the development time and effort for something like a C-17 is just as much as it is for an airliner and a fighter jet would be even more complicated.

If you guys don't have it, I'd suggest getting the VRS F/A-18E and the Tacpack that enables weapons usage in FSX - I'm guessing that's as good as you're ever going to see in FSX for military aircraft. (and it is extremely good, those guys are every bit as good at what they do as we are)

If you want the most up-to-date FSX simulation of a military jet that does it all without having to buy additional packs and such take a look at the Milviz F-15E Strike Eagle. You can fire rockets and drop bombs from the FSX version, even take out a couple of airliners.

http://www.milviz.co...em.php?id=F-15E See it here.

http://forum.avsim.n...itek-x52pr-r259 Avsim Gold Star review here

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Actually TACPAC is a bit better than the Milviz F-15E weapon system....Which is why we are looking at integrating it when the SDK is out.

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

You can also look foward to the F-104 and eventually F-4 from A2A.

If you want the most up-to-date FSX simulation of a military jet that does it all without having to buy additional packs and such take a look at the Milviz F-15E Strike Eagle. You can fire rockets and drop bombs from the FSX version, even take out a couple of airliners.

http://www.milviz.co...em.php?id=F-15E See it here.

http://forum.avsim.n...itek-x52pr-r259 Avsim Gold Star review here

Ray

It's very good, but I still feel the VRS F/A-18E exceeds any other modern military aircraft out there. It probably doesn't help that I like to control a crash on to a small ship in the middle of the ocean at the end of a mission. Stationary runways are so out of style. For vintage, A2A B-17G and P-51D are great as well.

Eric Szczesniak

Eric Szczesniak

It's very good, but I still feel the VRS F/A-18E exceeds any other modern military aircraft out there. It probably doesn't help that I like to control a crash on to a small ship in the middle of the ocean at the end of a mission. Stationary runways are so out of style. For vintage, A2A B-17G and P-51D are great as well.

Eric Szczesniak

Yep who needs auto brakes when you have a tail hook lol, and gotta love the fact that V1 is whenever the catapult fires and VR is when it slings you off the deck :lol:

Navy pilots rock.

I would like to see a 787 complete with smoking lithium batteries as well.

I hope Boeing figures this one out soon, my stock is dipping.

But the avionics seem far superior to the 777. I think it'll suit a flight sim cockpit very well withthose oversized displays.

A military aircraft with missles that explode "things" would be cool too.

Paul Gugliotta

I say no to:

Military aircraft

Airbuses

Anything other than mainstream

Anything vintage

...and anything other than my short list of aircraft that I really want.

Which means that PMDG should never, ever make them. Ever. For-ev-er.

Except for the Airbus thing I fully agree. Enough mainstream commercial aircraft out there that still lack a good representation in Flight Simulator.

Dave P. Woycek

I'd love a PMDG C-17.

Yeah me too, in fact there are non-military C17's. In these threads I always add that there is a distinct lack of Russian aviation including modern airliners in the FS world, so PMDG why not surprise us with an IL-96!

Regards, Django EGLL.

| BMS | DCS OB | A-10C II | AV-8B | F-16C | F/A-18C | FC3 | Persian Gulf | Supercarrier | Tacview | XP11 | FF A320 | FF 757 |

| I7-9700K + NH-D15 | RTX3080Ti 12GB | DDR4-3200 16GB | Aorus Z390 Ultra | 2X Evo 860 1TB | 850W | Torrent Case |

| Warthog HOTAS + CH Pedals | 32" TV 1080p 60Hz | TrackIR5 |

A 747/200 or 300 would be brilliant - no one has done it well since the great Ready for Pushback.

Happy flying,

Olivier

I know it's off-topic, but does anyone know of a good Apache helicopter? There was one in our Circuit at John Wayne today, fallen in love slightly haha..

For those who didn't catch it, my earlier post was tongue-in-cheek...

Kyle Rodgers

You're really going to compare an A320 vs B737? Or do you mean complexity, graphics etc?

Not comparing them in any aspect, I simply like the A320 better both in the RW and in the sim. Its similar to the old Ford vs Chevy favorites.

I hope PMDG will try the biz jet arena. HS125 or hawker4000, gulf stream series, falcon 7x or 900, challenger 600 or global express or a proper learjet.