Sign in to follow this  
Captain Spoon

Is there a release date?

No kidding! My, how minds wander when we're waiting anxiously for big product releases!

From fly-by-wire to Stalin and back? (Sorry; couldn't resist.)

Just for a try:

From all topics in the PMDG 777 sub-forum ...

... substract the ones asking for a release date in any (more or less) subtle manner AND

... substract the ones that try to "waste some time" before the release is finally there.

Which/how many topics will be left???

I remember a few "which features will be in it", but that's about all ...

Just close this topic - it's going nowhere but getting someone banned for overreacting.

Topic Under Special Surveillance

*sigh*

This is what the world is turning into... A slightly negative post makes the WHOLE WORLD CRUMBLE. FFS.

I especially liked the use of the word "special."

I wonder who the special surveillance operative is. Perhaps a member of the KGB Spetsgruppa A.

Not sure about the rest of you, but I'm still too busy flying the bolts off the NGX to get caught up in the T7 hype. Sure the 7 will be beyond awsome, but so is the NGX! Just my thoughts. WJA255 now departing YVR to YYC.

I love Spoon's avatar.

heh, you gave me a good chuckle after I went back and looked at that avatar. I say that avatar should be a "classic".

As far as "Under Special Surveillance", this place sometimes reminds me of a frat.

Only this guy here, http://www.nytimes.c...our-relief.html

would be able to properly describe what happens when anyone asks the "question that should never be asked".

"The only relief is to tune in Mr. Keene at 1070 AM, with his ponderous puns, impish humor and reliable information. It is a world of ''chrome crunchers,'' ''paint peelers'' and ''gawkers' blocks,'' of spilled loads of potatoes, ketchup, fish, carpet rolls, gasoline and portable toilets.".

A ''gawkers' block", usually will result in some confusion, and finally we arrive at, "Be advised that this topic is under special surveillance and it can be locked at any time, if any kind of flaming is detected!".The piling on is amazing to see!

I have to agree with Spoon. I'm not as desperate, but its kinda hard to se something and have to wait 2 or so yrs to have it. they should have some kind of cycle where new product or product updates on at 6 or so months apart... maybe a little more. the wait alone is tough for a person who wishes to have it once its known to exist. After the NGX was available and the T7 was announced I was all in for it. Couldn't wait to have my hands on it... till one day... one day when I saw a DC-6.... that day I basically lost about 80% of interest in the T7 and just went crazy for the DC-6. About a year later and countless hours of running thru the forums... there is little to nothing being said about the DC-6... I just wish that for their next projects, they announce the products 6 or so months before their schedule release date.... this one or two year wait is just too ridiculous.

Then move on to something else...Do you want PMDG to start building the installer tonight just to satisfy your demand? I'm assuming this is a joke because I doubt anyone is that arrogant!? If it's not a joke, I suggest you brush-up on program development, or better yet, try programming something yourself before making such absurd statements....I'm sorry, but this statement is asinine and ridiculous...

I haven't read the whole post and I don't need to to understand that this was a little harsh on a new guy.

I haven't read the whole post and I don't need to to understand that this was a little harsh on a new guy.

Maybe a little harsh, but he would never ever demand for a release date In a stupid way like that again after responses like this, so the response served it's purpose :P , He learned to not do that again.

He maybe new to this forum, but asking for a PMDG release tells me that he's not a newb to simming so he should have known better, and he has probably read all discussions about the 777 while lurking these forums so he's post whas from my point of view just unnecessary...

I agree with Ricky, NGX is so epic that I am not too fussed whether 777x is released now or in a few months time. I would rather PMDG fine tuned any new additions, performance factors and other detail so that I (and my son!) can enjoy it as much as NGX!

Maybe a little harsh, but he would never ever demand for a release date In a stupid way like that again after responses like this, so the response served it's purpose , He learned to not do that again.

He maybe new to this forum, but asking for a PMDG release tells me that he's not a newb to simming so he should have known better, and he has probably read all discussions about the 777 while lurking these forums so he's post whas from my point of view just unnecessary...

wow, harsh boards...

Maybe a little harsh, but he would never ever demand for a release date In a stupid way like that again after responses like this, so the response served it's purpose :P , He learned to not do that again.

You have not read the responses on this thread have you "Kakbokki" - You criticise him for being new to the forum, when you don't even sign you name in posts or on your signature.

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

You have not read the responses on this thread have you "Kakbokki" - You criticise him for being new to the forum, when you don't even sign you name in posts or on your signature.

First off all my nick is kaboki...not kakbokki

I have read every post in this thread, and I'm not criticising him to being new to the forum, but making demands to a dev to release a addon because he's intrest is dwindling I find ridiculous and he deserve every flame that he gets. What did he expect, and I'm not critising him for asking about the realease date, It's the way the post whas written I criticise...

Haven't been asked by anyone yet to set my signature and as far as I know it isn't mandatory, unless I want support from PMDG.

And I'm relatively new to this forum myself and may have wrote my share of stupid posts but sometimes I needed some harsh post headed my way just to get me down to the ground and be able to see things from another perspective, just as this guy deserves some harsh comments this time.

It's nothing personal and I'm sure Spook is a nice guy and all that, but If he runs from this forum just because of a few "harsh" comments that's to bad as It whas not my intention. I don't think a few what i consider not harsh at all comments is giving him any reason to getting touchy.

And not everyone has been harsh, some people stood up and defended his requests but I'm just not one of them. B) Im the one that defends all the harsh posts :lol:

Haven't been asked by anyone yet to set my signature and as far as I know it isn't mandatory, unless I want support from PMDG

maybe you didnt see the forum rules at the bottom of the main page i give you the link just in case you have missed it

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/245586-you-must-sign-your-full-real-name-to-posts-to-use-this-forum-posts-without-names-will-be-deleted/

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg