Sign in to follow this  
Captain Spoon

Is there a release date?

"I guess some people are too eager to get their hands on the T7, other than mark a fair and gentle point, about such a famous question around here".

It had nothing to do with the question, Shamrock, but the manner in which it was expressed. Informing a company to release a product because your "desire is dwindling" reeks of callowness. It's interesting that many of you feel we should be "less harsh" towards the OP but fail to hold him to the same standards...

Matt

Matt King

@pilot+lawyer, In case you didnt know, there are many flightsim enthusiasts that either never heard of avsim or simply lurk in the forums without evwn registering. To judge someons as a troll just because they just asked a question after being a member for less than a day is pretty pathetic.

So i guess your 467 posts makes you in local legend around here.

Cheers

Ok. I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt. Just be mindful of first impressions.

Welcome to the forum!

"Topic Under Special Surveillance

Be advised that this topic is under special surveillance and it can be locked at any time, if any kind of flaming is detected!"

Seriously? Stalin had subtler methods of repression.

Random question: I see this topic has been identified as "risk of closure". Has anyone ever seen that before? I've seen things locked, but I've never seen a topic flagged as "special surveillance" (exact quote) before. Is that new?

And I see a fellow Lawyer/pilot just asked that in a slightly different manner.

At the end of the day guys, as my mum used to say... it's not what you say but how you say it that matters :wink:

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

At the end of the day guys, as my mum used to say... it's not what you say but how you say it that matters :wink:

Very true! :good:

[...]

"Topic Under Special Surveillance

Be advised that this topic is under special surveillance and it can be locked at any time, if any kind of flaming is detected!"

This made me chuckle.

I didn't agree with how you responded to OP but thanks for the review

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Hi Hook,

Spoon, PMDG does not allow its products to be used in P3D.

Please tell me where this is stated.

Best regards,

John

Come on: The admins could close this thread without a warning. Their warning is a chance for everyone, not just the topic starter, but including the topic starter, to calm down, think, think again, and then, maybe start uttering something that makes just a liiitle bit more sense and might be juuust a little bit more constructive than some of the posts before ...

Come on: The admins could close this thread without a warning. Their warning is a chance for everyone, not just the topic starter, but including the topic starter, to calm down, think, think again, and then, maybe start uttering something that makes just a liiitle bit more sense and might be juuust a little bit more constructive than some of the posts before ...

Thanks, Oliver. But that's exactly the point I'm making (and have made before). The admins should not close threads at all. I agree that the conversation needs to be civil, but, the goal of AVSIM should be to provide a forum for the exchange of ideas. If there are instances of people being rude or biligerent, by all means warn the culprit--and ban them if necessary. (They'll probably ban me in fact just for challenging the regime.) But AVSIM's practices lately have grown increasingly heavy handed and overbroad. I wasn't kidding when I compared their tactics to a communist dictator. History teaches us that such repression of ideas degenerates the fabric of society and polarizes people--all for the sake of preserving the regime. How many people need to flock to Flightsim.com before they see the error of their ways?

Random question: I see this topic has been identified as "risk of closure". Has anyone ever seen that before? I've seen things locked, but I've never seen a topic flagged as "special surveillance" (exact quote) before. Is that new?

And I see a fellow Lawyer/pilot just asked that in a slightly different manner.

The staff started this about two weeks ago.

I'm not really out for contradicting, but ...

Banning sounds like a better idea than closing topics, but, after a ban, it's difficult to get another chance at all.

If you don't ban, but close, it's more of a censorship on the community than a censorship on the individual. This could be even worse.

That's a tough decision; guess it's tough for the admins to find a good solution, too.

Today I had a look through all my posts on AVSIM, quite a number already and some of my posts weren't nice at all. I never got warned, no post of mine got deleted. I never provoked a closed topic, either.

Right now, I'm rather confident that AVSIM will handle this one appropriately.

And, as a sidenote, it's quite fascinating to see what kind of thoughts have derived from this thread. The topic starter might not have expected that. Neither did I ...

And, as a sidenote, it's quite fascinating to see what kind of thoughts have derived from this thread. The topic starter might not have expected that. Neither did I ...

No kidding! My, how minds wander when we're waiting anxiously for big product releases!

Topic Under Special Surveillance

*sigh*

This is what the world is turning into... A slightly negative post makes the WHOLE WORLD CRUMBLE. FFS.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |