Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Q_flyer

Huge complaint - Majestic have really ruined the hobby...

Dear Majestic,

I wish to complain.

You see, I used to enjoy flying 5 or 6 of the highest quality aircraft add-on releases for FSX.    Since the release of your Q400, I have found that, despite trying, I cannot enjoy any other aircraft within the hobby.      I won't mention any products or brands, but suffice to say even the 'cream of the crop' just are not measuring up for me any more, in terms of immersion, quality, sound, performance, and flight model.

So I want to complain to Majestic for their selfishness, in leaving me with only one aircraft that I can fly in FSX !!!!!!

Oh and ..................... THANK YOU !!!

A.Simmer

:lol:

Dear Majestic,

I wish to complain.

You see, I used to enjoy flying 5 or 6 of the highest quality aircraft add-on releases for FSX.    Since the release of your Q400, I have found that, despite trying, I cannot enjoy any other aircraft within the hobby.      I won't mention any products or brands, but suffice to say even the 'cream of the crop' just are not measuring up for me any more, in terms of immersion, quality, sound, performance, and flight model.

So I want to complain to Majestic for their selfishness, in leaving me with only one aircraft that I can fly in FSX !!!!!!

A.Simmer

+1

It's absolutely amazing.

Here here, thumbs up to this.

+1

So far other than scenery on my reinstall Majestic and PMDG 737,MD11, ,JS4100 are the only aircraft that has been installed.

Sent from my Apple communications device.

Dear Majestic,

I wish to complain.

A.Simmer

Well played, sir. Well played. :good:

Got me as well! Came in here like 'you gotta be kidding me.....'

Another +1, this has got me hooked!

turontado117, on 03 May 2013 - 8:51 PM, said:

hello! may i ask how good is the dash 8 q400? cause im really curious about this payware.

The OP is not exaggerating. It really is good. I have always been a Turboprop fan not only due to the sound but the fact that most sectors are short, and I have limited time for simming with family, work, etc. I've never been all that impressed with other turboprop offerings but this one really takes the cake. It is immersive. It sounds freaking AWESOME. And it certainly is a challenge to learn. WAAAAAY different systems wise than any Boeing jet.

I certainly think it's worth it. You may encounter a bug here and there, but rest assured Majestic are working very hard to correct them. And not everyone has encountered any issues, so don't let that dissuade you. Note the "SP1" thread?? That SP was released to their BETA team I think three days after release. They are working hard. But as it is now, it is a very enjoyable A/C to fly and learn.

How good? I'd say exceptionally good. I never cared much for turboprops until this one came along. After a several hours of flight training and reading, I found myself interested in flying the PMDG J41 and some freeware turboprops. Now I find them more easily understood and enjoyable. Jumping back in the Q400 is an absolute treat and challenge..it'll keep you awake at the wheel!

Dear Majestic,

I wish to complain.

You see, I used to enjoy flying 5 or 6 of the highest quality aircraft add-on releases for FSX. Since the release of your Q400, I have found that, despite trying, I cannot enjoy any other aircraft within the hobby. I won't mention any products or brands, but suffice to say even the 'cream of the crop' just are not measuring up for me any more, in terms of immersion, quality, sound, performance, and flight model.

A.Simmer

Absolutely agree with you.

In fact, if FSX developers fail to adopt the same NASA flight dynamics software in the future and code the flight dynamics totally outside of the sim... then they will be doing us a disservice, and giving us what amounts to second best.

Majestic Software have raised the bar more than a notch. The dash, is the best 50 quid I have ever spent on FSX.

The OP is not exaggerating. It really is good. I have always been a Turboprop fan not only due to the sound but the fact that most sectors are short, and I have limited time for simming with family, work, etc. I've never been all that impressed with other turboprop offerings but this one really takes the cake. It is immersive. It sounds freaking AWESOME. And it certainly is a challenge to learn. WAAAAAY different systems wise than any Boeing jet.

I certainly think it's worth it. You may encounter a bug here and there, but rest assured Majestic are working very hard to correct them. And not everyone has encountered any issues, so don't let that dissuade you. Note the "SP1" thread?? That SP was released to their BETA team I think three days after release. They are working hard. But as it is now, it is a very enjoyable A/C to fly and learn.

+1 This is the perfect family man/working man aircraft we've all been looking for. Not to mention it raises the bar in a lot of areas period.

Looks interesting but ot get the whole package including training docs is about $160 Cdn...too rich for me.

Im happy with just the pilot version, man this thing humbled me pretty quick, a real challenge to fly.

Im happy with just the pilot version, man this thing humbled me pretty quick, a real challenge to fly.

Same. I have to say that the Real Dash 8 cockpit ergonomics are not as intuitive as say an airbus.

Looks interesting but ot get the whole package including training docs is about $160 Cdn...too rich for me.

You can split the cost by buying the Pilot version now and then paying the difference later in the year when the upgrades are released

Pilot, or Pro version if you want the HUD etc, is all you need.

Trouble is, I await the PMDG 777 and funds are tight.

...the fact that most sectors are short, and I have limited time for simming with family, work, etc...

That's exactly my situation.  I've failed to get to grips with several good a/c for lack of time.  Turboprop operations would be perfect for me.  Just waiting on a hardware fix and then I'm in.

You snooze you lose, my friend :smile:

You don't need to spend $160 to get in on the act, that's crazy!... I'm a student and don't have a quarter of that to spend.  The current (Pilot?) version is plenty complex and plenty fun.     I had a few points stored up in the Just Flight store (but only maybe £8), and the Q400 cost me £22 ........ that's insane value for how good it is.

You snooze you lose, my friend :smile:

You don't need to spend $160 to get in on the act, that's crazy!... I'm a student and don't have a quarter of that to spend.  The current (Pilot?) version is plenty complex and plenty fun.     I had a few points stored up in the Just Flight store (but only maybe £8), and the Q400 cost me £22 ........ that's insane value for how good it is.

Heck, its a pretty good value at full price!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Dear Majestic,

I wish to complain.

You see, I used to enjoy flying 5 or 6 of the highest quality aircraft add-on releases for FSX. Since the release of your Q400, I have found that, despite trying, I cannot enjoy any other aircraft within the hobby. I won't mention any products or brands, but suffice to say even the 'cream of the crop' just are not measuring up for me any more, in terms of immersion, quality, sound, performance, and flight model.

A.Simmer

+1

The Q400 is an absolutely brillant addon, although in terms of content and detail it's probably not as great as the NGX or perhaps the Leonardo Maddog. However this is just the pilot edition and I'm sure Majestic will likely dazzle us even more with the pro and training editions.

For the other developers like Black Box and Captainsim, please pay attention to Majestic's development and pricing model because this is how you do addons the right way.

The Q400 is an absolutely brillant addon, although in terms of content and detail it's probably not as great as the NGX or perhaps the Leonardo Maddog. However this is just the pilot edition and I'm sure Majestic will likely dazzle us even more with the pro and training editions.

For the other developers like Black Box and Captainsim, please pay attention to Majestic's development and pricing model because this is how you do addons the right way.

Absolutely. I haven't got the aircraft only because I'm trying get to grips with CoolSky DC9 I just bought and love but the fact that the Q400 has a flight model outside that of FSX is absolutely brilliant. If its as good as peeps are saying and if developers do adopt this system, there will be no need to eventually move to XP.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Would be interested to hear from people how A2A's aircraft stack up as I love their machines.