Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tatave

The bargain hunter's shack

+1 on bringing back the old system. The new forum is not as user friendly and as inviting as the old sub forum which I found very useful and also enjoyed posting stuff there to help others.

Agreed as well. It was nice to even have the last thread/message posted to quickly see if there was a hot topic while browsing the main forum page. And easy to discuss deals/addons back and forth. Still doesn't look like much activity with the new system unfortunately.

+1 on bringing back the old system. The new forum is not as user friendly and as inviting as the old sub forum which I found very useful and also enjoyed posting stuff there to help others.

Affirmative.

It looks like the commercial vendors skipped using the new bargain forum.

It is realy a pitty AVSIM have changed this for the worse (in my opinion)

In general:

I used to be a very frequent visitor of AVSIM (few times a day)

With the new (cluttered) front page in place and the frequently bad forum performance I visit AVSIM forums only a few times per month now.

It's interesting that people started posting bargains in the FSX forum, where they WOULD be noticed.

And which has now been banned...

Meanwhile few postings in the Bargains forum, and several bargains missed.

Cheers

Keith

Yes, unfortunately, it's looking like it's not changing back which is disappointing.

It's interesting that people started posting bargains in the FSX forum, where they WOULD be noticed.

And which has now been banned...

Cheers

Keith

Bargain posts in any forum have not been allowed going back to the original Bargain Basement forums. Just because some folks don't like the newer system doesn't mean that they can choose to post anywhere they want. The new system works great and would work better if folks like you supported it.

Well, if you knew about bargains WHY DIDN'T YOU take some responsibility and post them yourself?

We're not going back to the old way guys. You pretty much beat this horse to death. Suck it up and let's move on.

Maybe one reason people aren't supporting it is that the link at the bottom of the page (below) is broken?   Hunting it down, I don't see any posts from Flight1 or any of the other folks I used to.  Looks like the sections are completely dead.

Maybe one reason people aren't supporting it is that the link at the bottom of the page (below) is broken?   Hunting it down, I don't see any posts from Flight1 or any of the other folks I used to.  Looks like the sections are completely dead.

No one has noticed the links on the side bar of every major page? I doubt that Gregg. Anyway, thanks for pointing that out. It is now fixed.

No one has noticed the links on the side bar of every major page? I doubt that Gregg. Anyway, thanks for pointing that out. It is now fixed.

Truthfully, I had not.  Hopefully, people will use it.

Gregg

>Well, if you knew about bargains WHY DIDN'T YOU take some responsibility and post them yourself?

Partly cos I missed them, but touche :-)

I'll try.

But it would be more useful if the link indicated whether there was anything in there / the date of the last posting.

Cheers

Keith

Also, truthfully, I haven't either.

But it would be more useful if the link indicated whether there was anything in there / the date of the last posting.

Look to the right again while you are on the forum index page. It's been there for months.

I posted a bargain.... :mellow:

It DOES show up on the RH-side of the front page, but listed as a Classified and in truth it looks like I'm selling a one-off S/H item - it would be helpful if Bargains were differentiated.

Also the entry page is a little complex - having chosen to add a bargain I then had to select bargain in 2 more places, and because I missed one I got an error message that cleared all the text I had written, so had to start all over again.

Just trying to be helpful....

Cheers

Keith

Thank you to those involved in bringing the old system back.  Very good news and pleasant to see (and I certainly agree with the announcement, "tried and true").