Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wendall

Aerosoft Twin Otter Extended Released!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Really wish they had gotten hold of RXP because a 3d bezel 530W would look wonderful in there!

Anyone know if there's a 2d option for it?

Really wish they had gotten hold of RXP because a 3d bezel 530W would look wonderful in there!

Yessir! Absolutely.

I'm definitely interested in this bird. Want to get a few opinions before I bite though.

It should be possible to comment out the stock GPS and insert a RXP530 instead. The clickspot on the screen should work but the buttons might not work properly. You'll most likely have to pop up the RXP to use the controls, I'll get right on it in a couple of weeks after I get back from holidays.

Quoted from the AS page:

"it also comes with complex systems, the best implementation of turbine engines to date and flight models are as accurate as possible and tested by several Twin Otter pilots.  Where FSX default systems are not good enough we complete replace them with our own modules."

This has me pretty excited, I sure hope they've done as good of a job as they claim!

I'm tempted to come down with a 'cold' just so I can go home and d/l this... cough... cough... hmmmmmmm

Yah I'm out of town but plan on getting it anyway... I'll do a 2D popup with rxp ini linkgps=on and hopefully the info will display on the stock VC GPS too.

Been sitting waiting for this one.  Looking for impressions...and I guess I'll have to wait until that RXP issue is sorted....sigh.

Looks like a good aircraft, but  I am concerned that they have not provided for a 3D implementation of RXP units (like Milviz has done for their B55).  Guess I will hold off until this is sorted.  I would think that most developers now would realize that there is a large community of users have invested in RXP units and want them to be fully implemented in new aircraft coming out.

Yes, it would of been great to allow for RXP integration - perfect in my opinion would be how RealAir does it - but if this flies as good as it looks, it won't keep me from purchasing.

As a nod to potential RXP integration, it would be great if the modellers allowed for, at the very least, a flat GPS spot.  It might not hurt to bring it up (if not done so already) at the official forum for it.  After all, it might be a feature that could be included with the rest of the models once those are released.

why cant Aerosoft release an ATR-72-500 or 600 for FSX, with their attention to detail it would be great, and someone needs to dethrone the extremely aged Flight 1 ATR.

the best implementation of turbine engines to date

Really?

So better than the PMDG JS or the stunning Q400

but I am concerned that they have not provided for a 3D implementation of RXP units (like Milviz has done for their B55

If Milviz and RealAir can do it Aerosoft should have, no excuser's please.

It looks great can someone report what FPS are like, also can you have the inner doors set closed so no drawing of the rear cabin wasting FPS.

Last thing

Can you see the wings and engines from the VC useing ITracker, unlike there Airbus I do like to look back and see wings on a plane. :P

Jimmy RFR, on 09 Jul 2013 - 09:14 AM, said:

Really?

I'm skeptical as well, but it'll be interesting to see how their claim holds up.

I noticed it requires a unilt with throttle/rudder axes...can anyone who got it so far confirm if keyboard throttle will work with this (ordering a throttle module a bit later in the year).

This aircraft looks wonderful!!! Buying very soon!

or the stunning Q400

It's really not that "stunning" in my opinion, the textures are very blurry..

It looks great can someone report what FPS are like, also can you have the inner doors set closed so no drawing of the rear cabin wasting FPS.

Small planes usually don't eat up FPS. Carenado planes are highly detailed and they don't have an FPS impact at all.

Me to Jimmy as thats a huge claim to make when they cannot even do a RXP integration

Small planes usually don't eat up FPS. Carenado planes are highly detailed and they don't have an FPS impact at all.

O dear, SR22 to just name one is so light on FPS just like the MS172. yep there aircraft have no FPS impact at all.

NyxxUK, on 09 Jul 2013 - 1:26 PM, said:

Jimmy RFR, on 09 Jul 2013 - 11:14 AM, said:

Really?

So better than the PMDG JS or the stunning Q400

Perhaps they mean THEIR (Aerosoft's) best implementation to date. Not the best ever done by anyone.

As for RXP integration, Mathjis had this to say:

"We have tried to get in contact with the developers for a long time without any replies. To implement it without their assistance would make it look rather bad so we decided not to work on that anymore."

Well Aerosoft did not add "THEIR" in there statement did they. Or "the best we have done so far" if that is the case then it should be clear as it stands it's very misleading if there only referring to themselves.

RXP integration is not a killer but a big -

Still I look forward to a review from someone with a good hanger and more than 11 posts to there name, because it does look great.

Given that the RXP developer has disappeared would be just happy with a 2D panel option to plop it into.

Downloading it now. It would be interesting to have poll on how many us RXP. There always seems to be a clamour for them whenever a new plane arrives. RXP does nothing for me btw.

752mb! It's taking it's time to download.

Given that the RXP developer has disappeared would be just happy with a 2D panel option to plop it into.

Yep, same here - I'd be happy with an option of having a flat spot to put the 2D RXP version.

On a side track, It'd sure be nice if RealAir or Milviz would sub-contract out their RXP integration knowledge to some other devs.  Although, I guess they'd only ever get to do that once.

For me it's a huge step forward looking at the old Twotter. The panel is outstanding and the systems are challenging. I have burned three times an engine before both came up without a fire alarm.

Regarding the RXP I would like to see it but the integration of the 530 is much better than the KN90 from the older version. Together with the new autopilot I'm now exploring the PNW for hours and I'm still exploring all the new features.

Cheers,

Michael

Is there a proper list anywhere showing why the Extended version is better or improved over their original Twin Otter release?