Sign in to follow this  
Wendall

Aerosoft Twin Otter Extended Released!

VeryBumpy, on 10 Jul 2013 - 03:30 AM, said:

Going a bit OT here but jeez, that site is nearly a direct copy of avsim!!!

Yes, but I can tell you for sure, it's nowhere near the quality of AVSIM in content, or how it's run.

I joined for a while, almost fell asleep, then saw a user treated very badly because the owner of that site does not (for some reason) allow anyone to criticize PMDG; no matter how constructively.

The guy running iFlySim comes across as as being in it for the perceived 'power trip'

Stick to AVSIM. :wink:

Anyhoo.......... Wow, this looks like a no brainer! ....... Now I bought my Twotter V1 from Simmarket, so I wonder if I'll get the V2 upgrade discount?

:smile:

Yes, but I can tell you for sure, it's nowhere near the quality of AVSIM in content, or how it's run.

I joined for a while, almost fell asleep, then saw a user treated very badly because the owner of that site does not (for some reason) allow anyone to criticize PMDG; no matter how constructively.

The guy running iFlySim comes across as as being in it for the perceived 'power trip'

Stick to AVSIM. :wink:

Anyhoo.......... Wow, this looks like a no brainer! ....... Now I bought my Twotter V1 from Simmarket, so I wonder if I'll get the V2 upgrade discount?

:smile:

If not - contact Aerosoft support and I´m sure it will be sorted.

Finn Jacobsen

(Aerosoft Developer)

System: i7-10700K, 32GB RAM, RTX2070S 8GB, 1TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, Win10 64bit Home

Thank you FInn  :smile:   ....... I just headed over to Simmarket and saw that it's actually already for sale there too....... and the offer is on there too (happy days!!).

Off to buy it.

Finn, could you or anyone else confirm whether the "IAS Hold" autopilot mode works properly (adjusting pitch) or whether it's just a "pseudo autothrottle" type ?

Just picked this up last night. So far I'm loving it, great performance, and really well put together. Not a big fan of my lighting switch panel being up at that awkward angle, almost rip my head off with trackir...

Bravo Aerosoft!

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Ron Attwood, on 10 Jul 2013 - 12:20 PM, said:

What Jim Stewart said, very nearly word for word, fire 'n' all! :lol:

What's it like on frames, Ron? ;-)

Rolf Lindbom

wHDDh6t.jpg

What about the new soundset, nobody has mentioned it?

-Iain Watson-

What's it like on frames, Ron? ;-)

+1

Very good. In fact I GAINED 0.33 of a frame! :good:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Very good. In fact I GAINED 0.33 of a frame! :good:

:LMAO:  :Party:

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

FPS is very good.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Very good. In fact I GAINED 0.33 of a frame!

That's awesome. 5/5 frames!

I'd been running with Fraps off for a long time now, but I turned it back on for a bit last night out of curiosity. I saw a very minor impact. Unlocked, where a default plane gives me a straight 60 fps (It never records any higher than 60fps), I was getting 52 fps in the new Twotter. Which, with all the detail in the plane, seems really, really good.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

I bought this tonight and it is very frame rate friendly.     A tiny bit heavier than the Aerosoft DR400 but much lighter than you'd expect, for the quality of the textures, etc. 

Sounds are awesome!

It's a no brainer - because I'd bought v1 in the past, this new Twotter only cost me £21 on Simmarket (about 25 Euros) - bargain of the year for that money.   b)

It's a nice aircraft to hand fly, solid if somewhat unremarkable systems simulation, easy on frames, even at 5760x1080.  A good purchase, not upto the Q400 or J41 but i am very happy with it.  Flying it around Scotland and in Nepal, Lukla needs an upgrade, it looks a little ugly now.

Ian R Tyldesley

I would probably add that this about the max I need / want out of systems simulation from a plane such as this!  At least it gives us the option of hitting a config option and being ready to fly, or setting it cold n' dark and letting us run through the checklist item by item.  While I enjoy the latter, I don't always have the time for it!

I rather thought it compared pretty well to my Q400 - a bit less depth & detail, but perhaps made up for by not having any of the quirks of the stand-alone FDE of the Q400.

I forgot to add last night that I really enjoyed the sound from the cabin - It's rare that my motivation for backing off to proper throttle and prop to achieve my elev and speed isn't for keeping to the book - I actually wanted to decrease the noise level to something more comfortable.  Excellently done.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

It certainly isn't a no-brainer for me, as several people keep saying.  It looks like a lovely airplane, but being saddled with a default based GPS is just something I know I couldn't tolerate, no matter how good the rest of the plane might be.