Sign in to follow this  
Chaos81

VC Color options

Can we get space shuttle engines option too?

I think it was a simple development tool they made available to us so whatever if you don't like it don't use it. Problem solved.

Can we get space shuttle engines option too?

Yes, and you can actually use the Solid Rocket Boosters for your overweight takeoffs.

Joona Väisänen

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

It actually does make sense. Since we all have different Monitors using a wide range of video cards etc the picture we see will be slighty different and certainly way off what the real eye would see. So everybody has the option to change it to the apparent real "Boeing" color.

Regards,
Chris Volle

i7700k @ 4,7, 32gb ram, Win10, MSI GTX1070.

Well, I recommend people getting a hardware monitor calibrator, instead of trying to tweak their colors by eyes. Far more accurate and easier to get good results.

http://www.amazon.com/X-Rite-CMUNDIS-Xrite-ColorMunki-Display/dp/B0055MBQOM/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1375633906&sr=8-4&keywords=x-rite

Totally worth it, I can't look at a screen that doesn't have proper calibration now that I'm used to mine with accurate colors.

Alexis Mefano

Well, I recommend people getting a hardware monitor calibrator, instead of trying to tweak their colors by eyes. Far more accurate and easier to get good results.

http://www.amazon.com/X-Rite-CMUNDIS-Xrite-ColorMunki-Display/dp/B0055MBQOM/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1375633906&sr=8-4&keywords=x-rite

Totally worth it, I can't look at a screen that doesn't have proper calibration now that I'm used to mine with accurate colors.

Completely overkill unless you're doing proper colour work. Most of the Dell Ultrasharp monitors come with more than sufficient calibration for pretty much every use other than colour work. 

Never ceases to amaze me how people praise PMDG for its hardcore realism then get extremely excited by the chance to customise the VC in a very un-Boeing like way. Still it takes all sorts. I'd rather see a preset range of LCD colour options as offered by Boeing. The panel and lighting colours aren't customisable AFAIK.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Well, I have a Dell U2410, and it definitely improved with this Calibration. But many users don't have such a Color Accurate Monitor, so I think there's a lot of improvement that can be achieved using this hardware. But I agree, it's overkill, I'm a color freak =p

Alexis Mefano

I wonder why is that feature in the PMDG777? Maybe for some guys having issue with Monitor Color calibration? I know I will never deviate from the Standard Boeing Colors.

same here,  I don't care much for this feature.  The flight model, sounds, graphics and performance are more important.  I guess my kid will like flying the 777 with a Pink/Purple lit VC :lol:

Like others said, its there for those of us who want to use it, it doesn't hurt anyone. Simple as that.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Ditto on what Aaron said. It's an option so you can go for realism or a tricked out setup...the choice is ours.

Chris Sunseri

Never ceases to amaze me how people praise PMDG for its hardcore realism then get extremely excited by the chance to customise the VC in a very un-Boeing like way. Still it takes all sorts. I'd rather see a preset range of LCD colour options as offered by Boeing. The panel and lighting colours aren't customisable AFAIK.

Good point. I'm hoping PMDG include some of the possible 'official' colour combinations as presets.

Agreed.  I don't particularly like that it's there, but whatever.  Just like the time compression and auto step climbs, it'll just be something I ignore and carry on.  I remember a lot of these things being raised here on the forums as wants, so I think they're just responding to those desires.

Kyle Rodgers

what a great idea....i use Cockpit Colors for the NGX to switch colors and this makes the whole process much easier ^_^

On my first 777 flight I may put a disco ball next to the computer for extra effect :lol:

Chris Sunseri

It will probably be a feature I don't use much either, but I definitely see why they added it in. There are normally several people who want to make a different lighting color scheme, and there are people that say "The panel lighting color is wrong...please refer to this one random photo captured with an unknown set of conditions because it's clearly more red lighting".