Sign in to follow this  
SimBrief

SimBrief - Advanced Flight Planning

maybe accept donations

Ed,

There's a donation button at the top of the page.

NAX669.png

Ed,

There's a donation button at the top of the page.

Thanks Mike. I see it now.

folks,
sorry if this has been answered many a time, buuutttt...... :

-I build a flightplan
-I save the flight plan
-I generate the flight plan

I am sure before I save/ generate I have detailednavlog data selected

But, after all this, I go to download on the FMC, but an alert message comes up saying "detailed navlog data required", and so can't get it to stay ticked and selected? Am I doing something wrong or....being stupid?

Thanks folks,

Andy Green

Hi Andy,

You probably left the route field blank, or entered your route as simply "Direct" or "DCT". Without specifying a route, there aren't any waypoints to consider, hence the detailed navlog is automatically disabled in the final flightplan. Try choosing a route from the list to the right of the route box, or alternatively, copy/paste one from one of the resource sites (flightaware, vataware, etc) listed above the route box.

Hope that helps,

AH! YES! DCT was the only "waypoint"! The only route on the right, though, was DCT...so there were no waypoints whatsoever...

My route was pretty simple; EINN-EGBB, on the map it looks pretty direct, just surprising no route came up at all....
retried -EGLL and a route came up
Then I tried -EGFF and no route is coming up whatsoever anymore, did I break it? :Silly:

I Think its just my routes, that short and direct there's no need for waypoints....

would have liked a route all the same though, but never mind!

I appreciate the help, so thanks!

There are no all routes in the world available in database. But if you make one, it will be suggested to you or anyone else next time someone wants to fly that citypair. I doesn't build routes automatically like rfinder, but you have reference webplanners above including vataware, vroute, rfinder...

Using this tool over the last month I've often pulled up a Flightaware route in anticipation, programmed the origin and desitnation into SimBrief, and been greeted with the very flight plan I was going to use. It seems that the natural process of users creating flight plans based on disparate flight planning sources give SimBrief an interesting advantage, it will naturally accumulate data on a scale that few other systems can.

I've been most impressed with this tool. I saw PFPX and was considering it, then discovered this and can't imagine why I'd bother paying for PFPX. Can anyone give me an example of what this doesn't do well or at all that PFPX does? So far I've found fuel burn on my chosen aircraft to be remarkably accurate. The EET for my last flight was SPOT ON the flightaware one to the minute.

I'm just waiting on a WestJet OFP format. I fly that callsign frequently as I hit up the west coast and frequently go into SFO from YVR. Same with when I do YUL to YYZ. 

Honestly, I can't imagine flying without this thing all of a sudden. The OFPs blow away everything else I've used before and the pre-file on Vatsim saves me lots of time too.

Brilliant product. Can't wait to see more updates.

Would be cool if he could make us a program that tells us our V Speeds and Derates/Flex Temps, that would be awesome!

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I don't have PFPX but one advantage is it can Auto generate a route

ZORAN

Hate to bring up an oldish thread here but can anyone else get on, or is it just my computer which cant seem to access the page?

Hate to bring up an oldish thread here but can anyone else get on, or is it just my computer which cant seem to access the page?

Its down for me as well. For future reference you can go to isup.me and see if any website is up for everyone or just you

He announced yesterday or Friday that the site would be down while he once again upgrades the server - it'll be back when that's done.

DJ