Sign in to follow this  
Franz007

Impact of PMDG's B777 on X-Plane-community?

RealAir Legacy and Turbine duke.

Oh boy, do I miss the piston duke! 

I only wish some day in the future something similar to RealAir's duke would be offered for XP. 

Dream on Carlos......lol

Carlos

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Yes, for me, as I use to write, LES is on pair with PMDG just as much as A2A is with Carenado for X-Plane...

Eh, about the A2A -- Carenado part: No. Absolutely no.

In fact, there is NO very good general aviation plane in X-Plane. Even the planes I give very good ratings in FSMagazin reviews, would only get a "well ... better than nothing" if they had to compete against some of the best FSX GA products. Some are good, but non very good. No systems simulation, for example.

This is the sad fact. Still, I only fly X-Plane.

Carenados look nice, but that is all. At release, they are affected by lots of tiny (avoidable) bugs and often, their flight physics is as questionable as on FSX.

In the end, it will come down to what has always been the case: Long-time X-Plane users will stick with X-Plane, long-time MSFS users will stick with FSX. Both platforms will survive, though.

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

Do it Richard!  The sooner the better - you are wasting a lot of precious time in that remarkable aircraft. I am speachless when trying to find words to describe it.

I re-installed FSX  because I feared somehow it might not work in P3D. I also followed carefuly a few tutorials, by NickN and Word Not Allowed, and optimized my system to get the best out of the good old FSX. It runs smoothly, and appart of sme bugs on specific aircraft, I never had a CTD in FSX! 

The PMDG777 has the same footprint with FSX that the NGX has. It's minimal, runs smooth as silk, and above all, and contrarily to the model we have for X-Plane 10, it doesn't bring the most weird and irritating bugs and limitations I was confronted with.

Just did an autoland at extreme weather conditions, and using FSGRW you bet these are as extreme as they can be in X-Plane! Guys, it nailled it to the stop, not a glitch! PERFECT!  

Yes, I have to get that aircraft. It just looks so nice! Man, I would love to have such add on aircraft in X-plane. 

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

As of now Ramzzess and his team are the top developers for X-Plane, but we shouldn't judge X-Plane on the same level as FSX because after all X-Plane is still in its adolescent years. If PMDG were to produce an aircraft for X-Plane it would be a huge morale boost to its community though. :)

If PMDG were to produce an aircraft for X-Plane

They are. :) This is what this whole thread is about: The question of the OP if PMDG could now, with the 777 done, spend more ressources than before on their XP project.

Come on X-Aviation, (Goran) bring out the SAAB, this waiting is killing me!!!!   :crazy:

Getting there.

Many more goodies to show in the next couple of days before we let it out.

Getting there.

As long as it does not turn into a second NORCAL ;)

Getting there.

Great, but please hurry!

I'm holding short of runway with clearance for take off.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Carenados look nice, but that is all. At release, they are affected by lots of tiny (avoidable) bugs and often, their flight physics is as questionable as on FSX.

Sorry off topic here, but I disagree the developer for Xplane's Carenado : Dan Klause (sorry if I misspell his name) fixed the tarnish image of Carenado in FSX.  I found the Carenado F33A in Xplane much more better then the FSX version.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

I never bought any Carenado for FSX, but I have 3 Carenados for X-Plane 10 and I see no problem with them, quite on the contrary, other than those that result from the inherent problems of X.Plane, and we all know about... Even so, Dan has found an excellent compromise between the characteristics of the aircraft he designed and the limitations imposed by XP.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

but we shouldn't judge X-Plane on the same level as FSX because after all X-Plane is still in its adolescent years.

But it's not, I don't know why people say that

There's X-Plane 10 and MSFS 10 (FSX)

I have XP10 (got terrible performance recently but that's for another thread)

I just don't understand why people say you can't compare the two but XP10 will be there some day....in MY opinion if they're both at V10 then why is XP10 still lacking so many things a flight simulator needs? Even with the flaws FSX has its still a more complete package. They're both at V10 and I think that they really need to be compared as such.

I'm not sure when XP1 came out but it was a little while ago too wasn't it?

That's just a thought I often have.

I might get the Saab, although I'm still meaning to get the JS31...but I agree the complexity level of the high level FSX addons far surpass those of XP. Why does the 777 Worldliner have a TOGA switch on the MCP? That's not the point of a realistic study sim, it's quite expensive too isn't it? It's little things like that.

I have to respect PMDGs stance on P3d, nothing I can do about it. But I think P3d needs to change their EULA, they advertise addon aircraft developers on their website for heavens sake. Sorry but I don't think the Carenado TBM or SR22 could be used as a training aid. The A2A 172 is a trainer and that isn't a special cost or product just to use it in P3D. Lockheed knows there's people using it for entertaining training ( new thing I read today, because you could argue using it is training...) so I expect them to change their EULA for V2 maybe even V1.4

I'm at a crossroads. I only have P3d and XP10 installed. I moved from FSX awhile ago. It just so happens I need to reinstall fsx to test something so now I'm wondering if I should just have all three? But what's the point? I've gotten a few new addons that could just be installed in FSX, and while P3D gives good performance out if the box I know I could get FSX there. But then I feel like I wasted money on P3D, so I go to FSX again until V2 comes? Just for a 777, a King Air and an A320? Is it worth it, well what's the point if you're missing out on planes you want to fly? Or do I use both depending on what I want to fly? That's what I'm leaning towards, need to get some more disk space though.

I'm scared of investing money in XP, maybe I should just get the JS31 and be done with it. Then I can use all three sims. There are some things about XP I really do like.

Well that was a lot of my chest!

At the end if the day the most important thing for our hobby is that we are enjoying it and we are happy.

Regards.

Leel, do like me... re-install FSX!

Keep X-Plane 10, buy the Saab ---> It's going to be probably the best aircraft add-on ever produced for X-Plane , and there's that 737 comming too !!!! (well Felis stuff is top-notch too!!!)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

and I'm not about to spend $1200 on a new system

You don't need $1,200 for a new system to run FSX, that sim (tweaked) runs just fine on my $800 custom built rig.

You forgot to count the hours tweaking cfg files and chasing the causes for OOM errors. :wink: Time is money.

My FSX is very stable, probably more so than XP, although the latter crashing is usually caused by plugins.

Really no need to tweak once you get set up.