Sign in to follow this  
FurrMik

PMDG 747V2 Release date

WOW PMDG......Very sad to see such a comment like that.....We are such a small community and everyone bashes on each other......What kind of people are we......Seriously.

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

All of a sudden I see PMDG a little differently.

Me too!

ADX, and a number of other blogs, are basically flight simulation enthusiasts -- like all of us.   I'm not worried about the accuracy of their information at all.   I suspect that some/most of their information (not just ADX) has some embellishment and/or guessing and assumptions that get published.   So what?!?!   Show me a journalist that doesn't do that to some degree as well.   I simply appreciate these bloggers gathering information out there so that I can quickly get a sense of what is in development.

The developers that really benefit from their blogs are the smaller ones -- those that have no real marketing presence or brand recognition yet.   Companies like PMDG and Aerosoft don't benefit because they get top-billing everywhere and everyone knows what's going on with them.

I think someone representing a top-tiered company like PMDG should keep their comments off of the forums if they can't be positive and supportive.    I can see if a blogger has published some damaging information about a company.    To strike back is legit.

I've not seen ADX have anything negative to say about PMDG.   Ease up Ryan!!   You do what you enjoy doing, and let folks like ADX do what they enjoy doing to support the FS community.   Everyone means well.

PHIL CHIMBOLO

"Flight Simming for 40-years"

Intel Core i7 3970X 3.50GHz (OC @ 4.20GHz) | 32GB RAM | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | Four Monitors | GoFlight Pro Yoke

GoFlight TQ6 Advance Throttle | CH Rudder Pedals | TrackIR 5

Focus, the subject is about PMDG 747V2! Simple question that should have simple answers you would think. Besides D'Andre's passion for FS is what we all enjoy and being he is a one man show should be commended not chastised but supported properly.  

Not really ADX I personally have an issue with, it's some of their contributors.

While I may not agree with Ryan's comment, is it really right to think of PMDG differently just because of one of the company's members has an opinion? Why is Ryan's comment suddenly the opinion of PMDG as a whole? It's what he thinks, not necessarily what the entire team thinks. This is something I wish more people would understand.

Brandon Filer

They also said that the 777 would come out in late June....

Of 2011...

I remember when the J41 was released and they said this was the new wave of PMDG and that everything would be built better and faster because of this new way...2 yrs later we get the NGX. Then they said...well it took longer because of XYZ...but don't worry, the T7 will be a fraction of the time because a lot of the coding can be seamlessly transferred over and it's more about making airplanes than building new code and ways of doing things...2yrs later, the T7 was released. Sooooo, I'm going to say preliminary that we are looking at 2015. Either way, it doesn't matter because this is now the 3rd big awaited release and it took forever and we didn't know a release date until a week prior...and even then they sprung it on us. The 74 will be here when it's here.

To be perfectly honest, that comment struck me as over the top! It seemed mean spirited: as though there exists some acrimony between PMDG and that site. Very sad actually.

I dislike the the pseudo engagement in real discourse that sometimes occur on any site, and for that reason I usually stay away. If I can't meet you face to face, then in every "dialogue" I must be circumspect..

The site does seem less substantive than other, bigger, flight sim sites that I visit, but I don't see trashy.

Not really ADX I personally have an issue with, it's some of their contributors.

That logic extends to nearly all media.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

No, there is no release date for the 747V2.

I will say this though......after reading through the posts I am seriously thinking of creating a website devoted to supplying the community with accurate information about upcoming projects.

I remember when the J41 was released and they said this was the new wave of PMDG and that everything would be built better and faster because of this new way...2 yrs later we get the NGX. Then they said...well it took longer because of XYZ...but don't worry, the T7 will be a fraction of the time because a lot of the coding can be seamlessly transferred over and it's more about making airplanes than building new code and ways of doing things...2yrs later, the T7 was released.

Sounds like PMDG has a problem overestimating themselves and more importantly underestimating the work.

J41 -> NGX, looks like they assumed general scalability would be possible, not taking into account the intricacies unique to the larger aircraft and the added labor in replicating them.

NGX ->777, much the same problem...only magnified because both are twin engine Boeing's...beneath the skin they're considerably different.

Sooooo, I'm going to say preliminary that we are looking at 2015.

I'd say early to mid 2014. they're just optimizing the existing 747 as a FSX only plane, the 8i/F "expansion" will come out in 2016 Since those have to be accurately recreated (the existing are far too basic.)

even then they sprung it on us. The 74 will be here when it's here.

I think Payware developers can learn something from the Freeware crowd...

"It's done when it's done"

Giving out a release date when you don't even have a render...let alone a beta is a bad move.

That website is the equivalent of a trashy supermarket tabloid magazine

Simply unbelievable

Chris Strobel KSNA

original.jpg

To be perfectly honest, that comment struck me as over the top! It seemed mean spirited: as though there exists some acrimony between PMDG and that site. Very sad actually.

I dislike the the pseudo engagement in real discourse that sometimes occur on any site, and for that reason I usually stay away. If I can't meet you face to face, then in every "dialogue" I must be circumspect..

The site does seem less substantive than other, bigger, flight sim sites that I visit, but I don't see trashy.

Which other bigger sites?

No, there is no release date for the 747V2.

I will say this though......after reading through the posts I am seriously thinking of creating a website devoted to supplying the community with accurate information about upcoming projects.

A perfect formula for getting rich, influential, levitated to rarefied air, universally liked and adored and stuffing your pockets with $$$$$. Just ask Tom!

ADX clearly adverts its "Billboard" as a best guess based upon a wide variety of factors.  Anyone who plans their life around a supposed release date on the ADX "Billboard" has bigger problems than judging print media.  RSR himself stated in Germany at the Aerosoft convention last summer that the 777 would be out by the end of last year.  Release dates are obviously magic wishful thinking in the flight sim world.  I think this all stems from an over the top comic Dom posted on ADX disparaging PMDG and AVSIM.  Water under the bridge ... I get quite a lot of valuable information from ADX ... flight sim companies I've never heard of anywhere else.  I would hope everyone would just keep doing the best job they could, minimize the speculation, gather around the campfire, and sing Cumbaya!

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

I'd say early to mid 2014. they're just optimizing the existing 747 as a FSX only plane,

How on earth did you come to that conclusion?

Which other bigger sites?

Avsim, Flightsim, Simviation and others that have been around from the beginning of the  increasing popularity  of Flight Simulator. I remember Microsoft itself once had a site where a user could download panels and models. Those days are long gone. I was on Frugals, combatsim, simhq, subsim....The sites I've mentioned, have had the time to learn and adapt, or have slowly withered and/or disappeared.

I cannot remember them all. There were times I would lose my username or password and wind up with more than one login account. I've been around a while. I've been simming since the commodore 64.