Sign in to follow this  
remmert

Why do we all fly without passengers

As Kyle stated, FSC and FSP simulate a passenger environment but not the visuals.  I assume it's a pure performance issue, more visuals, less FPS = unhappy customers.  While manageable on the J41, it would be problematic on the 737 and i imagine nigh on impossible on the 777.

Ian R Tyldesley

Maybe shared cockpit is something for starters. This could also be made into something like 'shared passengers' where users can take a seat and are able to demand service.  :lol:

Are you flying the airplane or sitting in the cabin? If it is a "realistic" feeling you are seeking you would stay in the cockpit during flight instead of jumping into the cabin or outside to have a look around. PMDG models what matters - the functions of the airplane. Whether you can see them or not, the passengers are there in weight. As Kyle has said in previous posts... weight is weight, doesn't matter if it's feathers, bricks or passengers.

Ben Weaver

SWA8485

Are you flying the airplane or sitting in the cabin? If it is a "realistic" feeling you are seeking you would stay in the cockpit during flight instead of jumping into the cabin or outside to have a look around. PMDG models what matters - the functions of the airplane. Whether you can see them or not, the passengers are there in weight.

Well said!

Granted, I do like some of the feedback you'd get from some of the programs (like the integrated FA stuff with the old LDS 767), but most of the passenger programs or visuals get on my nerves for complete lack of realism.

Kyle Rodgers

Great! My million dollar idea: Flight Attendant Sim 2013!

Ask passengers to turn off phones!

Cream or Sugar?

Etc!

Matt Cee

Are you flying the airplane or sitting in the cabin? If it is a "realistic" feeling you are seeking you would stay in the cockpit during flight instead of jumping into the cabin or outside to have a look around. PMDG models what matters - the functions of the airplane. Whether you can see them or not, the passengers are there in weight. As Kyle has said in previous posts... weight is weight, doesn't matter if it's feathers, bricks or passengers.

With that mentality, why are we waisting valuable resources on the polygon count and external textures?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

+1 Totally agree.  Not once in over 15 years of simming have I ever had any desire to look back into the cabin.  It's robbing the sim of resources as it is.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

I 'am wondering why we allways fly with two pilots and never with passengers!

Is this my fault or are there no textures available for the 738NGX ?!?

You want physical model passengers, why?

The cabin is basic as is, designed for 'through the windows' detail, flying around a plane full of cheap blowup dolls is hardly adding to the immersion.

The plane can be configured with passenger weights as is and FSPassengers can provide the white noise. What more do you want?

Overall not many people cabin fly, so having a langoliers cabin isn't much of an issue.

Oh, and the extra polygons required for passengers would OOM everybody, only those with ESP or Prepar3D installed on a Cray would be able to fly it.

Oh, and the extra polygons required for passengers would OOM everybody, only those with ESP or Prepar3D installed on a Cray would be able to fly it.

The current P3D is marginally better at best in terms of VAS usage, I don't think it would help in this case.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Gentlemen,

I'm very happy and surprised about the enormous nice reactions!

As a R&D manager it draws me the following conclusions:

1. We are flying cargo =>
    Good answer, no market, no further action required.

2. We have never thought about this phenomena =>
    Honest answer, may be for few people a nice wake-up call, action by those people.

3. We are only sitting in the cockpit =>
    Good answer, little bit simple but OK , no market, no further action required.

4. Use FS passenger =>
    Question is not correct understood, we need better/ clear to perform our questions.

5. Our today's computers are not fast enough or people is horrible bad simulated=>
    Good answer, we give it a try after one year again.

So people thanks again and safe flights !!!  :rolleyes:

Remmert Dekker

VBV058 @ IVAO

....Because I've never seen a real level D full motion sim with passengers..don't forgtet your NGX it's a Simulator not a plane.... :lol:

Ciao

Andrea B.

Hi Hans,

I'd like to have stewardesses...so Icould invite the most pretty into the cockpit for an "happy hour" (and surely I'd perform an happy landing after..in spite odd xwind, turbulence etc. etc.)  :lol:

Ciao

Andrea B.