Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AstorGrand

News about the update?

Is there really a date for when the update will appear, since it is already a few days ago, where there was news about the 777 ?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Would be nice to get a little update after 2 months but hey that's PMDG for you

So, the negative vote button returns :-P

It's not negative, but 2 month with literally no info about update plans is not Ok, not even if the developer is PMDG.

Finn

It's not negative, but 2 month with literally no info about update plans is not Ok, not even if the developer is PMDG.

Finn

Nooo... I literally meant the negative vote button on posts. Before it was only positive votes lol.

There is an issue tracking thread that lists all of the issues that PMDG is working on for the SP.

The whole "It will be ready when it is ready" thing seems a bit like chasing the rainbow of perfection, which doesn't seem to make all that much sense in a patch unless a fix is breaking the rest of the plane.  Bugs should be squashed as they come, like pest control.  Waiting 2 and a half months for an update of an initial release seems quite unusual.  I don't know the company, but I do wish things rolled along a little quicker.

The whole "It will be ready when it is ready" thing seems a bit like chasing the rainbow of perfection, which doesn't seem to make all that much sense in a patch unless a fix is breaking the rest of the plane.  Bugs should be squashed as they come, like pest control.  Waiting 2 and a half months for an update of an initial release seems quite unusual.  I don't know the company, but I do wish things rolled along a little quicker.

The problem is that the nature of many issues that got reported are not trivial, e. g. problems with the FBW system and trim etc.

Certainly not easy to fix without much testing.

I'd rather wait a little longer for a "good" service pack rather than going through the endless patch fest that many other developers put up, where a patch fixes one thing but breaks several other things at the same time. IMHO that's a lot more annoying than waiting a bit longer for a high quality service pack.

Well, to each his own opinion.  While I agree certain issues require more indepth testing, there is no reason to hold back on issues that are trivial.  Certainly the arguement of breaking other things is valid, but that only holds true if indeed a patch does break other things.  I don't really see much issue with having to update several times other than a minor inconvenience, and that new operations center (which has updated itself several times anyways) is there to make things easier, no?

I'd wait longer for a "good" product to release, but patching issues isn't exactly a fresh product out of the assembly line, especially when it comes to patching an initial release. 

I feel like a mushroom....kept in the dark and fed on $°_t....lol

2 months with no word isnt really how the game works..oh wait its a digi DL..so yes, yes thats how it works cuz we aint got a leg to stand on. We Cant ask for a refund, but they are allowed to keep us in the dark on progress with an update for bug fixes. Its scandolouse.Thier deerest product ever and as a " thanks for supporting us" we are treated like this. Seems like the extra pumped up revenue breeds lazyness...thats how it LOOKS from the outside to sum1 who doesnt care about thier feeling...i see them as a company, not family or my next door neighbour, and as with any other reputable company on the planet, i want what i have payed for from that company and if there is a delay i want to know about it. Alas, we wait...

I feel like a mushroom....kept in the dark and fed on $°_t....lol

2 months with no word isnt really how the game works..oh wait its a digi DL..so yes, yes thats how it works cuz we aint got a leg to stand on. We Cant ask for a refund, but they are allowed to keep us in the dark on progress with an update for bug fixes. Its scandolouse.Thier deerest product ever and as a " thanks for supporting us" we are treated like this. Seems like the extra pumped up revenue breeds lazyness...thats how it LOOKS from the outside to sum1 who doesnt care about thier feeling...i see them as a company, not family or my next door neighbour, and as with any other reputable company on the planet, i want what i have payed for from that company and if there is a delay i want to know about it. Alas, we wait...

Careful guys, there are some villagers in here that will stick you with their pitch forks if you dare speak negatively about do no wrong PMDG.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

This B777 without a servicepack (yet) is way better than any former B777 (FS9/FSX) including up to two SPs each.

Just saying ...   B)

I figured they would be applying hot fixes left and right with the new ops center to deliver patches. 

Careful guys, there are some villagers in here that will stick you with their pitch forks if you dare speak negatively about do no wrong PMDG.

Ahahaha this made my lunch break at work!

Seriously, they should have at least comunicated something, at least say we are still testing. I started hating the "will be out when it is ready" :P

We live in a new world, in which it would seem that we have to know such information as release dates, deadlines and so on and be constantly updated. I can understand those hating the "it'kll be out when it's ready" answers, but "we are still working it" and so forth will not get it out the door any faster. No news is often good news.

Whenever any update is to be released, you will hear about it here soon enough. Is it not better to sit back and relax, enjoy life, fly something else maybe, in the knowledge that the much anticipated update is in the pipeline? As we know, tentative release dates mean little around FS. There are few projects that actually release to market on the envisaged date...

Life...

A

It could be worse... is anyone else here playing Battlefield 4? That has been one of the worst game releases I've ever experienced. Great game, terrible QA. 

I'm honestly loving rehashing the same debate every single time there's something pending a release.  Same topic, same arguments, same theories, same opinions.

Honestly, in the end, the only opinion that matters is the one of the group making the decision.  If you don't like it, vote with your wallet.

At least the developer has a reputation for actually releasing patches, unlike others who just move on to the next project, or disappear entirely.

Oh, sorry...was I pointing a pitchfork at anyone?  My mother never taught me any manners.  I'll go put my torch out, too.

We live in a new world, in which it would seem that we have to know such information as release dates, deadlines and so on and be constantly updated. I can understand those hating the "it'kll be out when it's ready" answers, but "we are still working it" and so forth will not get it out the door any faster. No news is often good news.

Whenever any update is to be released, you will hear about it here soon enough. Is it not better to sit back and relax, enjoy life, fly something else maybe, in the knowledge that the much anticipated update is in the pipeline? As we know, tentative release dates mean little around FS. There are few projects that actually release to market on the envisaged date...

Life...

A

Sorry but I don't 100% agree with this. I can quite understand the "It'll be ready when it ready" before the release, PMDG has long stayed away from release dates for the reason of missing deadlines and nobody has the right to moan as they are not customers until they pay there money.

I think that what some people get annoyed about is that they have paid my money for a product that supposed to be working. This product was tested by the development team and then on general beta testing, in fact delayed because PMDG wanted to make sure everything worked. The beta team was happy showing videos on youtube when the rest of us had to wait but some major bugs fell through the net. PMDG then set up a post stating all the bugs and letting people know which one's they have fixed, however they have not delivered a hotfix for any of them.

The question is, if you bought a car, drove it down the street and found out that they had not put brakes in it, then they said "sorry but we know how to fix them but we will do them when we do them", then you waited 2 months, what would you do?

(...)  but some major bugs fell through the net. (...)

The question is, if you bought a car, drove it down the street and found out that they had not put brakes in it, then they said "sorry but we know how to fix them but we will do them when we do them", then you waited 2 months, what would you do?

There's the rub:

The T7 doesn't have any show-stopping issues (like in "nothing prevents you from flying it and having fun with it").

Bugs and flaws - yes, but nothing 'severe'.

I have not had a single issue with the 777 since release day. Everything works as expected. Maybe because I try to fly it as real as possible and not try to break it pushing buttons and enter menus your not supposed to. How many software devs make planes that fly 100% from day one?