Sign in to follow this  
ActiveSky

News about the update?

Is there really a date for when the update will appear, since it is already a few days ago, where there was news about the 777 ?

Would be nice to get a little update after 2 months but hey that's PMDG for you

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

So, the negative vote button returns :-P

So, the negative vote button returns :-P

It's not negative, but 2 month with literally no info about update plans is not Ok, not even if the developer is PMDG.

Finn

System: i7-10700K, 32GB RAM, RTX2070S 8GB, 1TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, Win10 64bit Home

It's not negative, but 2 month with literally no info about update plans is not Ok, not even if the developer is PMDG.

Finn

Nooo... I literally meant the negative vote button on posts. Before it was only positive votes lol.

There is an issue tracking thread that lists all of the issues that PMDG is working on for the SP.

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

The answer that haunts me in my dreams "It will be ready when it is ready".....

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

The whole "It will be ready when it is ready" thing seems a bit like chasing the rainbow of perfection, which doesn't seem to make all that much sense in a patch unless a fix is breaking the rest of the plane.  Bugs should be squashed as they come, like pest control.  Waiting 2 and a half months for an update of an initial release seems quite unusual.  I don't know the company, but I do wish things rolled along a little quicker.

The whole "It will be ready when it is ready" thing seems a bit like chasing the rainbow of perfection, which doesn't seem to make all that much sense in a patch unless a fix is breaking the rest of the plane.  Bugs should be squashed as they come, like pest control.  Waiting 2 and a half months for an update of an initial release seems quite unusual.  I don't know the company, but I do wish things rolled along a little quicker.

The problem is that the nature of many issues that got reported are not trivial, e. g. problems with the FBW system and trim etc.

Certainly not easy to fix without much testing.

I'd rather wait a little longer for a "good" service pack rather than going through the endless patch fest that many other developers put up, where a patch fixes one thing but breaks several other things at the same time. IMHO that's a lot more annoying than waiting a bit longer for a high quality service pack.

Dave P. Woycek

Well, to each his own opinion.  While I agree certain issues require more indepth testing, there is no reason to hold back on issues that are trivial.  Certainly the arguement of breaking other things is valid, but that only holds true if indeed a patch does break other things.  I don't really see much issue with having to update several times other than a minor inconvenience, and that new operations center (which has updated itself several times anyways) is there to make things easier, no?

I'd wait longer for a "good" product to release, but patching issues isn't exactly a fresh product out of the assembly line, especially when it comes to patching an initial release. 

I feel like a mushroom....kept in the dark and fed on $°_t....lol

2 months with no word isnt really how the game works..oh wait its a digi DL..so yes, yes thats how it works cuz we aint got a leg to stand on. We Cant ask for a refund, but they are allowed to keep us in the dark on progress with an update for bug fixes. Its scandolouse.Thier deerest product ever and as a " thanks for supporting us" we are treated like this. Seems like the extra pumped up revenue breeds lazyness...thats how it LOOKS from the outside to sum1 who doesnt care about thier feeling...i see them as a company, not family or my next door neighbour, and as with any other reputable company on the planet, i want what i have payed for from that company and if there is a delay i want to know about it. Alas, we wait...

Luke Pype

I feel like a mushroom....kept in the dark and fed on $°_t....lol

2 months with no word isnt really how the game works..oh wait its a digi DL..so yes, yes thats how it works cuz we aint got a leg to stand on. We Cant ask for a refund, but they are allowed to keep us in the dark on progress with an update for bug fixes. Its scandolouse.Thier deerest product ever and as a " thanks for supporting us" we are treated like this. Seems like the extra pumped up revenue breeds lazyness...thats how it LOOKS from the outside to sum1 who doesnt care about thier feeling...i see them as a company, not family or my next door neighbour, and as with any other reputable company on the planet, i want what i have payed for from that company and if there is a delay i want to know about it. Alas, we wait...

Luke Pype

Careful guys, there are some villagers in here that will stick you with their pitch forks if you dare speak negatively about do no wrong PMDG.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Eric