Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Can we get the Voting icon names back?

Folks, I am going to re-install the system and provide four keys; like, dislike, agree and disagree. This is a CONTENT RATING SYSTEM folks. You become known for the quality of the contributions you make here via these. Users can quickly view the three scores you have tell immediately what kind of contributions you are making. Abusers of the system who turn it into a personal thing, will loose their privileges. Look for it to be back online shortly.

Thanks for accepting community input!

Folks, I am going to re-install the system and provide four keys; like, dislike, agree and disagree. This is a CONTENT RATING SYSTEM folks. You become known for the quality of the contributions you make here via these. Users can quickly view the three scores you have tell immediately what kind of contributions you are making. Abusers of the system who turn it into a personal thing, will loose their privileges. Look for it to be back online shortly.

Thank you Tom!!!

Tom legitimate disagreement should be honored. It's a great marker letting people know they need to shape up their conversation or viewpoint. We are always going to have those that cry foul but maybe their just wrong on the issues. I accept I may be a poster child of that with my view of FSX. With a system like this I would have vetting things out better along time ago.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

+1000!! :D :D :D

Remember people, rate the post, not the poster.

Edit:  Tom gets a +1000 too in this case... I didn't mean that I didn't care for Tom.  <removes foot from mouth... I hope>

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Its not a victory.... now we have to prove we can earn the trust given, and deserve the privilege.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Deep joy! We can live life to the full once more. :yahoo: These last few days have been hell on Earth. :cray:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Its not a victory.... now we have to prove we can earn the trust given, and deserve the privilege.

That's basically why the "downvotes" have been withdrawn a couple of times here on AVSIM - looks like "we" do NOT earn it ...

Deep joy! We can live life to the full once more. :yahoo: These last few days have been hell on Earth. :cray:

I know.. It's been rough.. I started sleeping around with other forums and lied to my AVSIM bookmark about where I was all night..  Then I started hanging around with the wrong forums and formed a excessive signature size habit.. It first started out as two lines of text, but before I knew it my signature use was exceeding 5 lines of text and a 400x300 picture along with it.

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

I know.. It's been rough.. I started sleeping around with other forums and lied to my AVSIM bookmark about where I was all night..  Then I started hanging around with the wrong forums and formed a excessive signature size habit.. It first started out as two lines of text, but before I knew it my signature use was exceeding 5 lines of text and a 400x300 picture along with it.

I recognize this syndrome; too much imagination, too much time on hands, and a boss that isn't paying attention. :Big Grin:

I recognize this syndrome; too much imagination, too much time on hands, and a boss that isn't paying attention. Big%20Grin.gif

Tom I hope this isn't pushing it but the 'Informative' vote is very helpful. When scanning through threads seeing someone post this vote flags people that there might be a helpful tip in the comment they can use.

FS2020 

Tom I hope this isn't pushing it but the 'Informative' vote is very helpful. When scanning through threads seeing someone post this vote flags people that there might be a helpful tip in the comment they can use.

Yeah, I thought about leaving that one in too. I will bring it back. But that is it unless someone comes up with a really valuable addition.

My twice pence...cents worth.

I have no issues with "Up votes", it saves +1 on posts.

Why have down / negative votes at all, they kill discussion, if i post something and somebody agrees, +1 is just taking up screen room.  If they disagree i would rather they said why, is it dumb, am i wrong, let's get a discussion going, isn't that the purpose of a forum, to take from Dillons post, why not get the "silent majority" involved?????

An example, i posted in a setup thread a couple of days ago. PaulJ, indicated that he disagreed with me, now i am sure he had a valid reason, but i don't know what it was...  I might have learned something had he mentioned why.

Ian R Tyldesley

My twice pence...cents worth.

I have no issues with "Up votes", it saves +1 on posts.

Why have down / negative votes at all, they kill discussion, if i post something and somebody agrees, +1 is just taking up screen room.  If they disagree i would rather they said why, is it dumb, am i wrong, let's get a discussion going, isn't that the purpose of a forum, to take from Dillons post, why not get the "silent majority" involved?????

An example, i posted in a setup thread a couple of days ago. PaulJ, indicated that he disagreed with me, now i am sure he had a valid reason, but i don't know what it was...  I might have learned something had he mentioned why.

The votes are 'Like/Dislike', 'Agree/Disagree', makes perfect since. Sometimes people will dislike what you say but not disagree with what you said. Like a comment fog is the same in two sims yet they agree with the point X-Plane could look just as good as P3D v2 (just an example).

I don't want to speak for Tom but it get's into the realm of Political Correctness when people are so touch feely they don't want anyone to show they disagree or dislike anything they say. These nudges can encourage all of us to improve our behavior and better understand where everyone is at.

FS2020 

The votes are 'Like/Dislike', 'Agree/Disagree', makes perfect since. Sometimes people will dislike what you say but not disagree with what you said.

So let them post a rebuttal, like you just did, had you just clicked on "Disagree", i would be here scratching my head wondering why?

Like a person attack on someone

Should we encourage that?  I don't want to attack anybody.

Ian R Tyldesley

Should we encourage that?  I don't want to attack anybody.

No, that was just an example (bad example, I'll change it).

FS2020 

For me, if somebody disagrees, and doesn't want, or doesn't have time to add any more, that's up to them. If they disagree and just internally shrug and just move on, then I have lost all input of any sort. Six in one hand, half a dozen in another.

At worst I might then type "I see some of you disagree. Care to clarify?"

Then what happens, happens.

In a public forum (real life) if somebody asks for a show of hands, the ayes and nays are counted, and that's that. You might then ask people why they voted the way they did, but is an answer required?

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5