Sign in to follow this  
Boeing or not going

What was FSDreamTeam thinking when they modeled this?

Notice anything wrong at this southern cargo ramp at KORD?

It looks like FSDT was asleep at the wheel when modeling this cargo area. What kind of airplanes are designed to park and taxi here?? little Cessnas? See that yellow line to the left of the tail of the 777? Yes, that is actually the taxi line where airplanes are supposed to taxi past!! HAHAHAHA

LfGA0pl.jpg

They have a habit of doing that at most of their airports, I don't think they have actually ever tried taxing in an aircraft at any of their airports with AI traffic parked at stands and no FSDT its not the traffic developers fault, you made the AFCAD not them. Zurich has some taxiways that can barely get a CRJ down them never mind a 747 and Geneva is an absolute nightmare to taxi around in anything bigger than a 737.

Cheers, Andy.

I remember being frustrated at Zurich and Geneva as airplane wings went through other planes as they taxied. (Also at KLAS)

I just assumed that since nobody else was complaining, I must be doing something wrong, somehow. :-)

I vaguely remember somebody mentioning KLAS taxi issues on the FSDT forum and some explanation being given that actually all was correct. But that was a long time ago, and just cemented my impression that I had no clue.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

FSDT make some beautiful artwork, no doubt.

But their AFD files are absolutely horrible, and not even just by omission, if you actually work at trying to fix them you quickly see it's just laziness/lack of concern. Every time this has been brought to their attention, Umberto simply confirms that it doesn't matter to them.

Contrast that with Flightbeam, who's KIAD AFD file was the first I can remember that didn't really need anything done to it.

Cargo areas are often treated as afterthoughts though, FSDT is far from the first to do so unfortunately.

Regards,

Brian Doney

I was afraid at seeing the replies to this post, because man did I face-palm. Yes, big haulers taxi through there.

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

I recall when Zurich came out taxiway "E"  that takes you to runway 16 was very narrow. And they posted a shot from Google Earth showing how they measure the taxiway width and claimed it to be accurate.

It does look narrow in GE but I still wonder if it is really that narrow (bogies almost touch the grass!).

I recently installed their KJFK v2.0. The rendition of the runways are horrible, there are no markings, lights and texture looks terrible. Also all the gates in KJFK are designated as small.

I am switching back to Blueprints KJFK although their jetways are fixed.

C:|mydocuments\mypictures\my signature.htm

Sadly, cargo and ga parking areas often seem to be an afterthought in many major airport sceneries. :(

Now I remember! I think the explanation given was that planes were being directed to incorrect gates by poor afcad designers or something.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I have had the same problems. I thought it was just me!

Wish list for 2014: addon airports with REAL dimensions on taxiways and gates...

supporter.jpg

lol  :lol:

eiowab.jpg

FSDT modeled the area correctly, but they put the parking spaces way too far to the left when they should be pushed up to the right against the buildings as your picture shows.

The entire cargo area and taxiways have been redone, as well as a new runway. I hope FSDT updates KORD and pays attention to all areas!

Exactly my thought: Blueprint, anyone?!?   :rolleyes:

Blueprint doesn't help itself when their own product page shows such God-awful pictures of the airports.........  :blink:

And I'm not sure its any better on clearance..........

Devons rig

Must admit that FSDreamteam has disappointed me when it comes to KORD.

The changes to the runways and the additional taxiways in the south area of the airport

took place over some years ago and considering how important this airport is to the Sim community, their lack of interest in making what could be a simple update to their scenery could perhaps be attributed to the fact that the scenery has already generated enough financial revenue and doesn't justify any further changes. Sadly this is indicative of a purely business approach totally devoid of the needs of our community. As it stands it is an incorrect and not fit for purpose scenery.