Sign in to follow this  
FS20

FSX is absolutely awful

Why do people even bother with this platform? It's absolutely, disgustingly bad! If it's not crashing to the desktop its lagging like a gypsy with a mortgage, if it's not doing that its having itself an epileptic stuttering fit! 

This is 2014 people! Why do we continue to demand so much from such a frankly dilapidated platform. It was never designed for HD textures, high fidelity a/c, or even to run on today's hardware.

I see people spending £££ on new systems in the vain hope that these issues will simply disappear! They won't!

FSX has to be one of the most corrupt programs i have ever dealt with, not including windows (won't go there).

You spend £££ on software and FSX can't even run it without having a panic attack! 

I'm soo fed up!

Works fine for me.

Perhaps you should give woodworking a try. :Idea:

Ah ok, so nothing to do with your system then right?......  Working beautifully here.  

Rob Prest

"Lagging like a gypsy with a mortgage"

Come on man, this is an international forum, stuff like that is just plain offensive.

Get SP2 for FSX and enable DX10 preview. With DX9 the sim is absolutely awful. If DX10 is enabled, I'm happy with it.

FSX is the world's leading extensible flight simulation system on the PC and is all-but faultless, and is still hard to beat. Being such an extensible platform leaves it prone to malfunction from faulty add-in scenery, aircraft, dlls, and all manner of user errors, unfortunately. Much the same story with Windows.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

IMHO, MSFlight is absolutely horrible.

True BUT, it's very simple to use for those who can't grasp FSX.

Working fine here. An hour set aside for tweaking leaves you with 100 hours of flawless performance. 

fsx works fine,if you have the right pc,and set it up right.

My fsx is working great,so why are you so angry friend. :rolleyes: