Sign in to follow this  
FS20

FSX is absolutely awful

FSX + DX10 = Near perfect for me.

FSX + DX9 = Stutters, crashes, pauses. Went back to FS2004 until I heard about DX10.

XP10 = Pretty visuals but not a "flight simulator". I got taken in by the hype but now the XP10 DVD box is gathering dust in my loft.

Like others I would recommend installing FSX on an SSD and then installing the DX10fixer after the service packs.

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

Have you every thought in this day and age you shouldn't get an OOM period under any circumstances with FSX?

Dillon, please explain why I get OOM in P3Dv2 along with most of the folks in the P3Dv2 Avsim sub forum. ?

Hint: it is the same (buggy, in your words) code as FSX with a few updates

In other words FSX SP3 without the addons

Dillon, please explain why I get OOM in P3Dv2 along with most of the folks in the P3Dv2 Avsim sub forum. ?

1.You get OOMS because the Autogen is not freeing the address space. It is being fixed for 2.2 coming in the following weeks.

2. It is not the exact same code as FSX, they have cleaned up a lot of the cobwebs. Rendering is done differently. Know before you say.

It's bound to be buggy. You're taking a badly optimized, old engine and cleaning it up while using the dx11 API. There will always be teething issues. Which is why I know that p3dv2 Will be the go to from fsx.

Not right now.... Eventually. It takes a lot of time, further impoovement from L.M., and more support from 3rd party devs. It will take time. But I can tell you for sure that it is getting there and I can't wait.

The main difference is, we have human beings working on it, while fsx will eventually fade. She's got some life left in her though.

Fsx didn't get such a massive addon market as soon as it got released.

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

Why do people even bother with this platform? It's absolutely, disgustingly bad! If it's not crashing to the desktop its lagging like a gypsy with a mortgage, if it's not doing that its having itself an epileptic stuttering fit! 

This is 2014 people! Why do we continue to demand so much from such a frankly dilapidated platform. It was never designed for HD textures, high fidelity a/c, or even to run on today's hardware.

I see people spending £££ on new systems in the vain hope that these issues will simply disappear! They won't!

FSX has to be one of the most corrupt programs i have ever dealt with, not including windows (won't go there).

You spend £££ on software and FSX can't even run it without having a panic attack! 

I'm soo fed up!

Not on my machine.  With the DX 10 fix, it's smooth and reliable. 

1.You get OOMS because the Autogen is not freeing the address space. It is being fixed for 2.2 coming in the following weeks.

2. It is not the exact same code as FSX, they have cleaned up a lot of the cobwebs. Rendering is done differently. Know before you say.

It's bound to be buggy. You're taking a badly optimized, old engine and cleaning it up while using the dx11 API. There will always be teething issues. Which is why I know that p3dv2 Will be the go to from fsx.

Not right now.... Eventually. It takes a lot of time, further impoovement from L.M., and more support from 3rd party devs. It will take time. But I can tell you for sure that it is getting there and I can't wait.

The main difference is, we have human beings working on it, while fsx will eventually fade. She's got some life left in her though.

Fsx didn't get such a massive addon market as soon as it got released.

Unfortunately LM doesn't have the Entertainments License, which might put people off developing / buying it.

Dont get me wrong I want it to succeed but its not there yet :(

Chris Warner

PMDG : JS4100, MD-11, 737 NGX (Soon!)

It's a forum, and people like to discuss the differences/merits etc. Just ignore such topics if it bothers you. I personally enjoy reading it, even if it is the same old stuff.

"Troll: One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a forum with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument!" Urban Dictionary

He did the same thing in January and the topic was locked, gonna happen here too.

And my "Blocked List" keeps growing!

Dave who posted right below you said it best. Your view of P3D is on the same level as FSX meaning you seem to think the problems with it will always exist. FSX is the option that's static at this point not P3D. P3D is constantly being improved upon so the issues you see today will not be present 6 to 9 months down the road. Totally different than the FSX situation today. Allot of work is being done to clean up the FSX code including 64bit at some point (I this only because it's the logical upgrade path for the software should LM stay in the game).

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Why am I not getting pathetic framerates ?

I guess it's a matter of expectation. For such an old title we should be getting 2-300+ fps

vatsim s3

1133704.png

FSX is a tough beast to handle. I can understand your point though, it's what everyone who just started with fsx use to think. The learning curve for FSX is very long and saturated with obstacles.

Why do people even bother with this platform? It's absolutely, disgustingly bad! If it's not crashing to the desktop its lagging like a gypsy with a mortgage, if it's not doing that its having itself an epileptic stuttering fit! 

This is 2014 people! Why do we continue to demand so much from such a frankly dilapidated platform. It was never designed for HD textures, high fidelity a/c, or even to run on today's hardware.

I see people spending £££ on new systems in the vain hope that these issues will simply disappear! They won't!

FSX has to be one of the most corrupt programs i have ever dealt with, not including windows (won't go there).

You spend £££ on software and FSX can't even run it without having a panic attack! 

I'm soo fed up!

I can understand your frustrations.    I've been there.  (in the past).

But you make the mistake of assuming that the awful experience you are currently having with FSX (that deems it corrupt, broken, disgusting, dilapidated and all the other imaginative descriptors used :smile: ), is uniform; that FSX is like that for everyone.

For me personally, I never ever get CTDs, OOMs or any other issues at all.  It is smooth as butter and more reliable than many other sims I've used.

So, I would respectfully suggest that FSX is not objectively all those bad things you said it was, it is subjectively all those bad things, from your perspective, on your system.

I do believe that this particular thread has, like the one from last January, outlived its usefulness (or should that have been uselessness?)... :rolleyes:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator