Sign in to follow this  
MBE007

Do X-Plane users want Payware airports?

This is good news indeed. Another developer putting faith into X-Plane, and hopefully even more will follow.

Mexico City Xtreme by Taxi2gate MMMX is coming soon.

"Hello everyone,

Today the work for this awesome new scenery has been completed. It will be available in the next few days at simmarket, and in simmarket only. This is the FSX version only.

The good news is that this incredible piece of work, will be available for X-Plane 10 as well. The authorisation for creating the X-Plane version has been given to me, and also the responsibility to represent Taxi2Gate in the X-Plane community. I am honoured to speak officially in behalf of the developers involved and will do my best to represent the interests of Taxi2Gate ensuring that the transition to X-Plane is successful.

[...]

But if you are curious you can see them here: https://www.facebook...e/photos_stream"

Speedbird4509, that's the sort of e-mail that makes me very happy. The more developers who begin to produce for X-Plane the more we all benefit.

Although Mexico is not really an area I have ever been to, virtually, I will definitely purchase the package if the "incredible piece of work" lives up to your hype  :lol:

The sooner the better.

+1

This is super fantastic news indeed!

Good to see another developer hopping on board. 10.30 hopefully will increase the momentum.

+1 here as well!

Bring it on!

CC ready for purchase anytime!

Ok, feeling encouraged enough to put a team on seeing what it takes to convert an existing airport to X-Plane. Will be back to tell you the results

Brilliant!! That's great news. Will be watching this space.

Ok, feeling encouraged enough to put a team on seeing what it takes to convert an existing airport to X-Plane. Will be back to tell you the results

Brilliant!! That's great news. Will be watching this space.

Indeed - great news!

Really loking very much forward to what the future will be holding for us flightsimmers in this regard now!

Yes I would definitely continue to buy Payware Scenery as long as the author continues to update the scenery if taxiways or runways are added or changed. Example, Butnaru's KORD from the.org store still to this day has not been updated for taxiways and runways additions. I have emailed him and the store with no response. As a PAYING customer, I believe we deserve to have the scenery updated when major changes are made. I

Yes I would definitely continue to buy Payware Scenery as long as the author continues to update the scenery if taxiways or runways are added or changed. Example, Butnaru's KORD from the.org store still to this day has not been updated for taxiways and runways additions. I have emailed him and the store with no response. As a PAYING customer, I believe we deserve to have the scenery updated when major changes are made. I

And how long should we expect these updates?

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Are you thinking free updates for as long as an XP version runs? (Like for all of v9 - then a whole different purchase for V10)

It has to be a model that makes sense for the developer as well is the thing.

Can't be free updates forever.

I understand your point of how long to continue to support the scenery. I am not looking for updates to objects or terminals, rather update the .apt for new taxiways and runways as is the case in KORD. If need be for that type of upgrade ask for a minimal $5 charge maybe if the user wanted it? I don't fly there as much anymore since I don't have the updated scenery. I am not sure what is fair between the buyer and seller. But I would like an updated scenery to fly into and am willing to meet in the middle.

Dave

I understand your point of how long to continue to support the scenery. I am not looking for updates to objects or terminals, rather update the .apt for new taxiways and runways as is the case in KORD. If need be for that type of upgrade ask for a minimal $5 charge maybe if the user wanted it? I don't fly there as much anymore since I don't have the updated scenery. I am not sure what is fair between the buyer and seller. But I would like an updated scenery to fly into and am willing to meet in the middle.

Dave

Surely you could do that yourself with WED?

Need a good KPHX, KLAX, and KLAS.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

I do not know how to use WED nor am I looking to learn. This is why I pay for scenery. But if this is the issue with Payware then I will remain with Freeware. Where many authors do update their scenery as needed. I willl take the hit in visual effect ffor correct airport layouts.

The big airports are leave that to payware people, and the go where the ducks lie with autogen and work those small airfields.