Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PerWel

Have anyone tried Inssbruck with the T7?

I sure will. Must be possible, first thing I do is :suede-flag: Ello ello sweden calling

Do you think I need some anchors to throw out on TD. Or why not a parachute like NASAs space shuttle.

Thinking "Hmmm... Where the ^%!! is the RETROROCKET INIT switch?" just before pancaking into the mountain during turn onto final...

This has been done - several videos of straight-in rwy 26 landings already on YouTube. So, how about increasing the difficulty factor by flying the CTL 08 approach?

Pics/video, please, and be sure to file a damage report. Good luck.  :smile:

Oh it's a fun one....successful two times so far.  I made sure I was light going in of course.  Get ready for TERRAIN, TERRAIN to blast through your speakers.  I usually leave A/T on when landing, but at LOWI I decided not to use it to lessen the pucker factor a bit B)

I was thinking of the tutorial flight for 737NGX with the 180 turn before final. Is that the CTL 08 ??

Full load please, at least 200 metric ton ZFW and normal fuel on landings.

challenge should be a challange, but I think I must do a couple of practise runs first before recording.

What free video capture is best. tried GameCam once but without success.

I've done 08, I found it easy, well easy'er than the NGX, the T7 really does have some breaking power. If you do it in the NGX you can do it in the T7 no problem.

I've done it with the T7 several times. rwy 26 and 08. Pretty heavy loaded too. Not that difficult. The 180 degree turn gets little bit big thou. But you just have to get it back on track and no probs. 

I would like to see a 777 takeoff or approach into VQPR. Pics and vids please. Not realistic, but sure will be fun.

I would like to see a 777 takeoff or approach into VQPR.

Rwy 15 for the landing and 33 for the departure, of course. :wink:

Pffft! Try Queenstown, NZ (NZQN).

I would like to see a 777 takeoff or approach into VQPR. Pics and vids please. Not realistic, but sure will be fun.

That's really pushing the envelope..

Think it's just to big for that one.

INN is easy, really no more difficult than in a loaded 738. Even the speeds are similar.

Departure? Piece of cake, unless you want to make it to Sydney.

I think that's an open challenge. :-)

Someone needs to do it.

I think that's an open challenge. :-)

Someone needs to do it.

It's allready a challenge in a 737-800.. haha

In the real world, i believe the largest plane flying in there is an Airbus a319

OK the Inn have already been done, I will do it anyway. But I will have a look at Queenstown, NZ (NZQN). And VQPR Bhutan, there is a video from a real world landing there on youtube, looked a little crazy. Manual whole way with a sharp left turn seconds before TD. They had just a A319, wonder if it is possible with the T7 at all.

Otherwise it will be a party for the mounting goats with a lots of food :Party:

The challenge is flying the LOC WEST 08 approach. That's the IGS that leaves you over an NDB, then you'll have to manoeuvre visually pretty close to the mountains to get it into runway 08.

If it can be done on a 737, then it can be done on the 777 too. It's very manoeuvrable.

I have found that an empty 777 can stop on very short runway...and with Boeing's runway loading conversions chart, you can see that it doesn't present a loading problem for many smaller airports' runways.

It's allready a challenge in a 737-800.. haha

In the real world, i believe the largest plane flying in there is an Airbus a319

737-800 fairly regularly, I'd say A320 should show up just the same.

767 appears on occasion.

If it can be done on a 737, then it can be done on the 777 too. It's very manoeuvrable

Do you think we'll be able to get the big 744v2 in and out of LOWI ok Jaime?  IIRC the runway is about 6500ft.  I may have to "schedule" a 744v1 flight there this weekend for testing B)

737-800 fairly regularly, I'd say A320 should show up just the same.

767 appears on occasion.

Funny, cause the operators that fly into bhutan don't even have those planes in their fleet. 

And i will eat my shoe if a 767 even tries to go in there in real life.

Druk Air has 3 A319's

Tashi Air has 1 A319

The single other operator that flies in to bhutan has a fleet of ATR's

Funny, cause the operators that fly into bhutan don't even have those planes in their fleet. 

Sorry, I thought you were talking about Innsbruck.