Sign in to follow this  
Wothan

Almost a month has now passed since last SP update...

Right, but if there's nothing extra to report...?

Honestly, I'd rather see someone not report and keep working than waste time reporting here all the time, particularly if it's the same stuff "still working on improving system X."

Reporting the same stuff over and over is simply a waste of time.

well if there is nothing, then be it. but i still dont understand what this post has to do with the original post? you dont work there so you would not know if there was something new or not. Sometimes, consumers just would like to know that everything is going well...

So, i am confused as to what you are saying and how it relates to the purpose of the original topic. Personal opinions are good, but if they do not provide any answers to the question on had, mentioning them, would that no be a waste of time?

The idea that people are curious about their products is a good sign, yes, but there are many other ways to show curiosity and investment than asking for personal updates in posts here.  Many, and far less irritating, ways...

Perhaps something for you, scandinavian13, to think about? The last 20 topics i did read here i saw your name coming up and everytime to proof yourself right. Then i think to myself oh boy there are : Many, and far less irritating, ways...

Just my 2 cents.

Peter Faase

What do you want to know? I'm honestly curious as to what you want to hear in terms of an update.

He we go...

Out of the 10 years I’ve been on this forum, I’ve never seen anyone so eager to jump on another forum member just for a simple question. Honestly, I don't know what your problem is Kyle, but it's getting quite annoying to be honest. Just because you may feel more "entitled" to others doesn't mean you should be on every single topic seeking attention. It’s pathetic to say the least. If he\she asks a question, give them the answer they are looking for. (They may not linger the forums as much as you do.) You do nothing more than cause conflict with your comments. Now, I’m not on here often but every single forum I’m in, you always have something to say. Most of the time it’s defensive reply’s.

Be helpful or don’t say anything at all. I don't really care about your smart &@($* reply either.

Sante Sottile

He we go...

Out of the 10 years I’ve been on this forum, I’ve never seen anyone so eager to jump on another forum member just for a simple question. Honestly, I don't know what your problem is Kyle, but it's getting quite annoying to be honest. Just because you may feel more "entitled" to others doesn't mean you should be on every single topic seeking attention. It’s pathetic to say the least. If he\she asks a question, give them the answer they are looking for. (They may not linger the forums as much as you do.) You do nothing more than cause conflict with your comments. Now, I’m not on here often but every single forum I’m in, you always have something to say. Most of the time it’s defensive reply’s.

Be helpful or don’t say anything at all. I don't really care about your smart &@($* reply either.

Exactly!

Each topic about the SP1 and the question of some person about "when will it be released or what about a new update" irritates me, but the so-called, I-am-smart-look-at-me-people behaviour is making me sick to say the least. He always has to react, with some sarcastic comment about the OP's question and explaining it in numerous graphs, rather than to suck it up or just tell the person in question that the product is still in the making and PMDG does not have any news at all, nor does he. Period.

And you know what else? These cute carebears in the signature, can stick the rainbow in their ***.

If you do not care do not answer, if you care, answer directly and non-sarcastic and polite.

I have reached the end of my politeness a few sentences ago, I guess I'll end with this one.

Regards 

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

Oh! How about they are so busy that they have no time to report on the update of the SP1? Or as someone mentioned above that reporting the same stuff over and over again is a waste of time? You mean they have been going over and over the same thing? There is this project here in Singapore called the "Circle Line". There was always an industrial talk that that project was going around in circles. Hopefully it is not the same case for the PMDG updates or perhaps it has due to that we are now coming up to around 9 months since the initial release of the B777X with no service pack for us paying customers of the PMDG products.

Maybe you could start a new topic outlining proper forum etiquette. 

Perhaps something for you, scandinavian13, to think about?

Honestly, I don't know what your problem is Kyle, but it's getting quite annoying to be honest. Just because you may feel more "entitled" to others doesn't mean you should be on every single topic seeking attention. It’s pathetic to say the least.

And you know what else? These cute carebears in the signature, can stick the rainbow in their ***.
If you do not care do not answer, if you care, answer directly and non-sarcastic and polite.

I find it horribly backwards that all of you are jumping on me for a honest question.  You're calling me out for being rude, yet the way in which you're posting is far more rude than any of my posts here.

I really don't understand what my crime was.  I stated that I didn't understand the reasoning behind people asking for updates.  As I stated from the outset, it was an honest question.  I did not demand an answer.  I simply stated that I was curious as to the motivation behind the question.  That is it.  It wasn't meant to be snide, it wasn't meant to be sarcastic, and it wasn't meant to be negative in any way.

It was in the exact same way anyone else might ask "why do people turn their landing lights off at 10,000 feet?"  Perhaps if any of you took the time to explain your reasoning behind thinking the question is reasonable, I might come to an understanding of why people might ask it.  I'm not demanding an answer, I simply asked that someone be gracious enough to explain their opinion as to why it's a reasonable request.  I've provided my reasoning as to why I think it isn't.

I'm not trying to be rude.

I'm trying to understand the logic.

So, would any of you care to follow your own words of wisdom (simply answering the question and not ripping someone to shreds) and help me understand the request?

Kyle Rodgers

I find it horribly backwards that all of you are jumping on me for a honest question.  You're calling me out for being rude, yet the way in which you're posting is far more rude than any of my posts here.

I really don't understand what my crime was.  I stated that I didn't understand the reasoning behind people asking for updates.  As I stated from the outset, it was an honest question.  I did not demand an answer.  I simply stated that I was curious as to the motivation behind the question.  That is it.  It wasn't meant to be snide, it wasn't meant to be sarcastic, and it wasn't meant to be negative in any way.

It was in the exact same way anyone else might ask "why do people turn their landing lights off at 10,000 feet?"  Perhaps if any of you took the time to explain your reasoning behind thinking the question is reasonable, I might come to an understanding of why people might ask it.  I'm not demanding an answer, I simply asked that someone be gracious enough to explain their opinion as to why it's a reasonable request.  I've provided my reasoning as to why I think it isn't.

So, would any of you care to follow your own words of wisdom (simply answering the question and not ripping someone to shreds) and help me understand the request?

Why can't the people at this forum just answer a simple question. Answering a question with a question is just plain annoying. If this post was said after PMDG had updated then you can do whatever you want with the person. Point out he should read and whatever. Your responses are usually sarcastic and the only logical response, or should I say the best response, was to answer the question. This whole discussion would have been over if someone had just answered the question Presley. If there is not anything to answer. Then say so it is so simple. Instead of asking a question. And we think war is bad? look at the way half the posts turn into a battleground. It is appalling. 

Dane Quartel 

timetostopposting.jpg

Uuuuhhhh actually you started getting on my case about my original post soooooo that's why I responded to you.

You pretty much missed the entire point I was getting at and thought that I was saying that not having a 777 update is the same as not having a car. What I was actually getting at was that the lack of updates is understandably frustrating for some people. Let me say it again: If your car is in the shop for what you feel is a long time and your service writer is not calling you to let you know what's going on, you might get frustrated.

Seriously though, the part where you were insinuating that OTHER people were being irritating was hilarious though. Nicely done.

Adrian Brown

Let me say it again: If your car is in the shop for what you feel is a long time and your service writer is not calling you to let you know what's going on, you might get frustrated.

A fair analogy, I'd say.

Uuuuhhhh actually you started getting on my case about my original post soooooo that's why I responded to you.

You pretty much missed the entire point I was getting at and thought that I was saying that not having a 777 update is the same as not having a car. What I was actually getting at was that the lack of updates is understandably frustrating for some people. Let me say it again: If your car is in the shop for what you feel is a long time and your service writer is not calling you to let you know what's going on, you might get frustrated.

Seriously though, the part where you were insinuating that OTHER people were being irritating was hilarious though. Nicely done.

Kyle Rodgers, I think, feels like he has the authority to do whatever he wants. This aint congress baby. It's Avism, the trash can of the united nations meetings. 

That was harsh my apologies. 

Dane Quartel 

Sigh,

Haha let us call it a draw and get back to our lives. Good day!

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

The SP1 itself I can wait on but I would really like to see the Adavnced Tutorial for the 777 sooner as opposed to later.

spacer.png

Let me preface my remarks by saying I'm nobody's '######' nor do I have any reason to suck up to anyone at PMDG or on this forum.  I'm too old to give a rat about that kind of junk any more.

I think Kyle's response to the OP in this instance has been inoffensive, rational and measured.

In this community, PMDG is on the short list of top-tier developers and we all know that.  A big part of that reputation comes from what happens after the 1.0 release.  I don't recall anything in my purchase agreement that obligates PMDG to provide me with anything more than what I paid for when I bought the 777.  Even so, they've spent the last nine months working on a service pack because they want to make an already solid product the absolute best it can be.

No doubt they'll be able to leverage this work into other offerings, but think about this:  They already have our money.  Like so many other developers in and out of the flightsim world, they could simply call the 777 done and move on to the next money grab.  But they've made it abundantly clear that--although it's taking longer than anticipated--a service pack is on its way.

With that in mind, I think Kyle poses a fair question:  What exactly does anyone who is asking about the status of the service pack expect for an answer?  I'm sure everyone at PMDG is more than anxious to share the big news once they're satisfied it's ready to roll, and I have little doubt that they're as anxious to have it wrapped up as we are to get our hands on it.  In the meantime, I think it's safe to assume that whether we get it tomorrow or three months from now that they're hard at work and doing everything possible to get it right and not push a half-baked update out the door just to meet some artificial deadline.

xwindy777, on 04 Jun 2014 - 6:44 PM, said:

Let me say it again: If your car is in the shop for what you feel is a long time and your service writer is not calling you to let you know what's going on, you might get frustrated.
A fair analogy, I'd say.

I respectfully disagree, and here's why:  When your car is in the shop you don't have that car, which is not the case here.  There's nothing, in my opinion, that keeps the 1.0 release of the 777 from being an enjoyable product, one that's worth every dime I paid for it.  It's pretty much all I've been flying for the past two months.  Can it be better?  Sure--even PMDG admits that, and they're taking the time to do just that.  But it is by no means 'broken' as is.  If that were the case, I could more fully empathize with the frustration others have regarding the delays.

Richard P. Kelly