Sign in to follow this  
Kosty

And Dovetails new sim announcement is...

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Oh my! How incredibly boring and pointless! It's not as though one could grill the catch, so what's the bloody point? :Confused:  :Cuppa:

Nice flight model on that dragonfly :smile:

You know I thought the same thing. If it were possible to 'fly the fly' so to speak, I just might be the slightest bit interested... :LMAO:

I am waiting for there "Lawn Mower" Simulator to be released.

What are you talking about? Farming simulator 2013 already has some fantastic lawn mowers

I'm going to bet this will be a real moneymaker ( in my most cynical voice).

But I'll bet too that there will be a considerable number that purchase this "simulator" and shortly thereafter shelve it. Especially when it is on one of the Steam 50% off sales.

Magic lawnmower! Cut's grass before it even reaches it... Good grief, how utterly boring...

I have already got one of those 'real as it gets' sitting out in the garage waiting on me. It is a Cub, just not a Piper, oh well.

A fishing simulator? They're just baiting us and trolling for interest - I bet they think they'll make a boat load of money off those little suckers when they set the hook, talk about something Crappie.

This one will never even come close to real as it gets. They can not simulate the following joys of fishing;

#1 Having your waders suddenly flood with ice cold water causing extreme shrinkage and a months worth of unintended birth control.

#2 Swarms of mosquito having you for lunch.

#3 Swarms of deer flies having you for lunch.

#4 Swarms of mosquito and deer flies having you for lunch.

#5 Using Deet based insect repellents to deter #2 and  #3 ( a little ), having a sweaty forehead and having that stuff run down into your eyes.

#6 Getting a barbed hook stuck in you in a spot you can't quite reach and then having to run it through until the barb comes out elsewhere so you can cut it off to remove the hook.

There are many more of course, depending on where and how you fish and how accident prone one is.

Regards,

Oh my! How incredibly boring and pointless! It's not as though one could grill the catch, so what's the bloody point? :Confused:  :Cuppa:

Upcoming products include Grill Sim and Fork & Knife Sim.

Oh Mel, that was priceless, especially #1... :LMAO:

#1 Having your waders suddenly flood with ice cold water causing extreme shrinkage and a months worth of unintended birth control.

I thought the male reproduction factories required cooler temperatures than the rest of the body to operate at max efficiency? :LMAO:

I thought the male reproduction factories required cooler temperatures than the rest of the body to operate at max efficiency? :LMAO:

Trust me, the voice of experience, it is not the just the ice cold water. It is how suddenly it can happen. It can make you suck in a couple of cubic feet of air in one breath. In reference to your statement, I think I will forfeit operating at max efficiency! At my age that isn't much of a loss anyway.

A Fishing Sim had better include ice fishing if they want to interest the serious thrill seekers.

Upcoming products include Grill Sim and Fork & Knife Sim.

Please don't leave out a Camping Sim with a tent, trailer or motorized option with the choice to merge with the Grill Sim or a campfire add on.

Regards to all,

Trust me, the voice of experience, it is not the just the ice cold water. It is how suddenly it can happen. It can make you suck in a couple of cubic feet of air in one breath. In reference to your statement, I think I will forfeit operating at max efficiency! At my age that isn't much of a loss anyway.

Pardon my nurse's sense of humor (inherited from my mom..I aint no nurse). Cant resist physiology jokes sometimes.

They wrote they got Unreal engine 4 for this and will use that engine for further sim products as well. I don't know much about engines but I guess Unreal engine 4 is not that useful with flight simulations..is it? Afaik that engine was primarily developed for shooters and action games.

Wanna bet these products get nVidia profiles before P3D?

Fishing simulator

Goat Simulator

Farming Simulator

I believe these are all parts of the Alcoholic's series of simulations that comes with a USB 3.0 breathalyzer (and if you don't believe such an item exists -- I didn't until I googled it -- http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/331201910452?lpid=82

... the more booze you drink, the more it affects the simulator ... or does it ... ? :lol:  

Cheers, Rob.

EDIT: Texting while take a breath test with your phone and driving ... sounds like a winning combo.

A Fishing Sim had better include ice fishing if they want to interest the serious thrill seekers.

Fourteen posts and we've already segregated into casual fishing simmers and serious fishing simmers.  How soon before people start talking about home cockpits? :D 

Hm.  I could do a home fishing simulator cockpit.  I just have to do it in the back yard, where I've already got a decent pond.  Just gotta make sure the pond is kept full.  Now... if I actually stock the pond with fish, it it still a fishing simulator?

Hook

Knowing their current pricing model.. Imagine how much the tackle box/fish species will cost when they get done bleeding people ...

Fourteen posts and we've already segregated into casual fishing simmers and serious fishing simmers. 

Keep in mind that serious fishing simmers don't care how the surface of the pond looks or getting all the scales in the right places.  It's all about modeling the exact amount of friction on the reel and the correct casting time given the wind.  Systems, not eye candy (which in this case would be, I guess, Swedish Fish...)  B)

The real question is when PMDG will "take the bait," and create some addons for this one! :ph34r:

They are pretty famous for the amount of DLC released.  I once read (here possibly), that train simulator was the most expensive game / simulator ever released when the various DLC is included.

They explicit state that they are only releasing Carp fishing, so expect Trout, Salmon, Pike, et-al.   

I just don't see any money in this, the 'joy' of fishing according to my friend is sitting in the sun and enjoying the tranquility...obviously "the sun" refers to the 1 day a year we get of sun in the UK.  

It's not even like you can practice the skills with a mouse / keyboard, who will buy it and why, i am genuinely interested? 

most expensive game / simulator ever released when the various DLC is included.

2000 smackers all up. But I have spent way more than that on FSX :)

Trust me, the voice of experience, it is not the just the ice cold water. It is how suddenly it can happen.

True enough, Mel. Also there's "cold" and then there's

"C O L D ! ! !"

It's all a matter of degree. :t0118:

The world wouldn't be so quick to call flight simmers geeks if they could see how comfortable we all are with thinly-veiled penis-size jokes.