Sign in to follow this  
calooom

DoveTail Games Buys Licensing Deal with Microsoft

Well, this is all well and good, but it's still only one half of the picture.

The ole 'we shall see' still applies when and if a new version of FS is made.

Right now all they got everyone doing is talking (not all that bad probably), but still doesn't amount to a hill of beans...hehe.

So, great, we know who bought what, now.....we shall see. 

Hopefully it turns out to be a good thing.

p.s.  don't mind if I turn off notifications for this post...lol.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

p.s. don't mind if I turn off notifications for this post...lol.
Yep time to move along. Good Luck with all this. Pooooof!

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

This article has said a lot. It says they are going to release a "New game of  some sort" in 2015 along with re-releasing the FSX Gold on steam with a new host for online sessions as well as a "fix" for many bugs.  To me, it sounds like they are going to use FSX as a base platform and utilize what that engine is capable of to make a "new" sim under a new company. I'm not sure if this was already said...

:lol:  Microsoft have been saying this for the past 5 years and haven't done a single thing. Lets hope they at least enable widescreen view by default. Could you imagine downloading a game in 2014 not 16:9 ready? lol

Head of Xbox Phil Spencer has spoken this year about Microsoft's recommitment to PC gaming.

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

If I never spend another dollar on my FSX setup, I could thoroughly enjoy it for a very, VERY long time.  (Unfortunately, the GTN750 is out and ... )

Point being, I don't think DTG has any clue about the relationship between FSX and its third-party developers.  It certainly is nothing like the relationship between TS14 and steam DLC.  FSX 3PDs have kept the genre from drying up and blowing away in the wind.

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

Will be interesting once the details come out. You know for a fact some of the top tier 3PD have more than likely already been contacted by DTG casting their lures and seeing who bites. No one pays that kind of cash without research first. 

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

I really need to invest in a new system if this does end up being the "next big thing" with flight simming.

That being said I hope this doesn't turn out to be a Papa Tango situation that actually succeeded because if DT messes this up or goes cold on the effort no one will be able to pick up the pieces and move forward with the franchise even if they have the money as MS has already sold certain rights to DT (how exclusive these rights are we don't know).

Hummm!  Contracts typically include at least these"

- Terms

- Conditions

- Restrictions

- Term (time span; different from "terms")

So how many of these are any of those posting here fully and accurately informed of?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

yea!!! finally we can expect awesome railworks style rain effects with working wiping effects in fsx

Colonel,Indian Army.

My rig : z370  i9 9900k RTX 3090 MSI, 32 gb Ram, m2 nvme 1tb, sata ssd 1tb, 4tb hdd, 850watt smps antek bronze

my sims : DCS world, IL2 Battle of kuban, Stalingrad , MSFS, P3D 5.1, X-plane, Elite dangerous, Star citizen

yea!!! finally we can expect awesome railworks style rain effects with working wiping effects in fsx

You are their core demo...   

PREPAR3D:  Is LM going to go with mass consumer sales and licensing for 3d party payware

IS that what you're worrried about? licensing? haha that has been resolved LONG LONG AGO. They'll sell it to pretty much anybody. Theres a table on their product page with what uses are compatbile with their EULA (basically if you're a hardcore simmer i.e PMDG type user you can use it). Most if not all fsx devs have gone on P3D or at least release a compatible installer and if you've read the interview P3D are trying to work closely with 3rd party devs as much as possible implementing a new version of simconnect and in-built radar technology and 64 bit is planned for the future. The list goes on, read the interviews mate

Flying Tigers Group

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

None, but it's fun anyways!

Honestly, not sure if that is what makes this site so interesting, or it that is what makes this site so frustrating!

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Here we go again.

See,,,,........................, interesting. I could tell Mr. V F how mistaken he really is...................but I won't!!

You are their core demo...   

hey there, anything that increases immersion in flying is wecome. that includes better lights, rain effects, water flowing from fuselage when flying in rain. all these are intrinsic to the sim and when implimented will be applied to all addons. also they would be cool to have.

Colonel,Indian Army.

My rig : z370  i9 9900k RTX 3090 MSI, 32 gb Ram, m2 nvme 1tb, sata ssd 1tb, 4tb hdd, 850watt smps antek bronze

my sims : DCS world, IL2 Battle of kuban, Stalingrad , MSFS, P3D 5.1, X-plane, Elite dangerous, Star citizen