Sign in to follow this  
Macpah

X-Plane 10.30 beta 6 is here

http://developer.x-plane.com/2014/07/how-to-update-x-plane-10-30-beta-5-to-x-plane-10-30-beta-6/

Bugs fixed in beta 6:

• Fixed problem with framerate, particularly with Windows AMD cards.
  • Fixed slow performance with clouds – you should be able to use the same cloud settings you used in X-Plane 10.25.
  • Fixed XPLMBindTexture2d – it now resets the the GL_TEX_ENV mode (as it used to in X-Plane 10.25 and older).  This fixes incorrect reflections when MaxxFX and the A320 Neo (or FlightFactor 777 or Leading Edge Saab) are used together.
  • Fixed issues with UDP interface: “Place user at airport” and setting COM frequencies works correctly. Fixes 3rd party apps like X-Airports
  • Fixed loading aircraft from instructor station
  • Loading an aircraft from IOS now also loads correct engine sound
  • Fixed crash on exit when running X-Plane full-screen on OSX 10.10 Yosemite
  • The new GPS approach selection now allows cancelling the transition selection by pressing the CLR key
  • Added declutter function to the map of the new GPS
  • Fixed reverser toggle function not working when engine 1 reverser failed
  • Fixed engines going to idle when reverser failed
  • Fixed fuel gauges on the Piaggio Avanti both showing same tank
  • Plugin-added forces work when using more than one flight model iterations per frame.
  • Plugin forces are used to consider total damping of stopped planes, so plugins can do push back at high fps.
  • Disabled the use of pinned memory on Linux with AMD drivers – this fixes thrashing clouds and flickering.
  • Framerate test now works correctly with clouds and does not try to contact the internet for updates during the test.

As someone who is new to XP10, will updating to to the .30 betas have a huge effect on addons? I imagine that would be the case correct?

Mainly wondering about scenery and my JRollon Jetstream...

As someone who is new to XP10, will updating to to the .30 betas have a huge effect on addons? I imagine that would be the case correct?

Mainly wondering about scenery and my JRollon Jetstream...

I had no problems with existing scenery and aircraft addons; if you have, you can always go back to 10.25.

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

It's nice to see my airport contributions appear in X-Plane finally.  You can fly to the western isles of scotland (e.g. Barra) and a few other highland airports (e.g. Inverness, Plockton) and see some of my work now. 

Also check out Humberside, Ronaldsway and Guernsey airports for examples of my work.

I submitted all my works about 8 months ago, and in the meantime others have uploaded their own works for these airports to the org.  In hindsight I should have done this too.

Hi anthony

I submitted an airport also and it is good to see them start appearing in xplane. I have some more to submit but I will hold as Ben asked until the new WED and the website is up.

What is especially good to see is the number of airports with their associated buildings, equipment etc; starting to appear (a few hundred now). The barren airports was a thing that turned a number of would be xplane users away. I think that this upgrading of airports will accelerate now that the website and the new WED are close to coming online.

I'd like to see a bit more variety in the building objects in WED though, and a few more different textures would be nice.

Regards

Are there requirements to submit airports such as accuracy etc?  I recreated my local airport for my own personal use but never uploaded it anywhere since I went off a satellite image and just used opensceneryx and default objects to approximate it.

Joseph Catino

Are there requirements to submit airports such as accuracy etc?

Officially, no... but it's probably best to keep things "sane".

I've submitted 65+ airports which are now included in the default X-Plane package. My personal standards are:

• Runway/Taxiways dead-on accurate.
  • Taxi signage as accurate as possible.
  • Put buildings only where they are in real life, using as close to accurate a library selection as possible.
  • Nothing outside the airport fences.
  • Use scenery detail settings so that someone calling for less scenery sees less, and someone wanting more sees more.
  • Not too much extraneous clutter (picnic tables, dumpsters, whatever) to slow the framerates down.

So far, so good.

I tried WED and had issues with it.... is there a tutorial somewhere?  I've used ADEX for FSX and it's awesome....

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I tried WED and had issues with it.... is there a tutorial somewhere?  I've used ADEX for FSX and it's awesome....

There are a number of great youtube videos, but start small with a little strip and play around. It's really easy.

I've submitted 65+ airports which are now included in the default X-Plane package. My personal standards are:

Do you have an idea on how to get rid of two towers etc. for ex. at LSZB? Here we go a with new bug, as it conflicts with existing custom scenery.

nyqeu.png

Do you have an idea on how to get rid of two towers etc. for ex. at LSZB? Here we go a with new bug, as it conflicts with existing custom scenery.

nyqeu.png

Either use WED or OverlayEditor to add your own exclusion zone for objects and facades in the custom LSZB scenery, or ask the LSZB authors to update their scenery with that. You should probably do both, so the scenery developers know of the conflict.

This is not a bug. This is just something the scenery developers could not know back in the past, while on the other hand Laminar has the opinion that every scenery developer should always add these exclusion anyway. As the number of default airports is growing, you will see much more airports with missing exclusions.

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

Are there requirements to submit airports such as accuracy etc?  I recreated my local airport for my own personal use but never uploaded it anywhere since I went off a satellite image and just used opensceneryx and default objects to approximate it.

One thing to note is your use of opensceneryx. For your airport to be accepted it must use only the default stuff found in WED which means your airport will be rejected because of it's use of opensceneryx.

Regards

Is there a listing of what airports are now included in the global scenery?

Pivot

Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * Tobii ET 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders

One thing to note is your use of opensceneryx. For your airport to be accepted it must use only the default stuff found in WED which means your airport will be rejected because of it's use of opensceneryx.

Right, I made my first aiport (0S9, Jefferson County Intl) and submitted it to the .org files, but I haven't submitted it as official X-Plane scenery yet. I need to add taxiway lines to finish it up, and there is also a large painted ID name on the apron that I had to do in Openscenery. It should be "legal" as soon as I remove that one feature. I was careful to use only the WED objects for everything else.

The realism is compromised when you only use WED.... I could only "suggest" the look of some of the hangers, instead of getting closer. And without that big painted ID lettering from Openscenery on the apron it will lose some impact. But it's better than the bare field with runway that was there before.

As for "nothing outside the airport fence" as a personal guideline mentioned above in the thread.... I agree in principle, but in this case I needed to add some exclusion areas to remove inaccurate generated scenery like trees outside the actual airport boundary, and also add some forest areas that affect approach/departure. I also had to include the short access road to the airport, because it didn't exist in the auto-gen scenery. The airport would have looked strange without it.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor