Sign in to follow this  
Pe11e

PrecipitFX

Well, my last post was  sure confusing. Did I, or didn't I, use Steve's Fixer? Both, actually.

I tried Precipi tFX first without running Steve's Fixer. Liked the results. But because the devs said to use it, I then did, and had the contrail problems, but fixed them using their advice to uncheck the Exclude Particle Effects in Steve's Fixer.

But I'm doing something wrong: no tire spray on landing

fsx%2B2015-02-02%2B11-05-02-68.png.jpg

barely noticeable propwash on takeoff

fsx%2B2015-02-02%2B10-47-10-72.jpg

and in a few plane lengths even that small amount goes away altogether

fsx%2B2015-02-02%2B10-48-07-57.jpg

Suggestions?

Well, my last post was  sure confusing. Did I, or didn't I, use Steve's Fixer? Both, actually.

I tried Precipi tFX first without running Steve's Fixer. Liked the results. But because the devs said to use it, I then did, and had the contrail problems, but fixed them using their advice to uncheck the Exclude Particle Effects in Steve's Fixer.

But I'm doing something wrong: no tire spray on landing

fsx%2B2015-02-02%2B11-05-02-68.png.jpg

barely noticeable propwash on takeoff

fsx%2B2015-02-02%2B10-47-10-72.jpg

and in a few plane lengths even that small amount goes away altogether

fsx%2B2015-02-02%2B10-48-07-57.jpg

Suggestions?

I emailed their support about sometimes not getting ground effects. They told me it might be ASN causing it. What weather program do you use?

Does anyone else notice degrading frame rates over time with contrails enabled? I seem to start cruise fine, and get worse and worse performance until it stutters eventually. Can't figure out why the sim would start smooth and then get choppy in the least resource-demanding portion of flight.

Yup, I use ASN. I'll do some flights with it off and see what happens.

Eager to see this fixed. I'll give up PrecipitFX before I give up ASN.

Dealing with decreasing frame rates...do you use the standard effect time for contrails showing? And how many AI planes are flying around?

On my system i get really heavy frame rate Impact when:

1) Extending the time the contrails are displayed, or

2) When there are a lot of AI planes showing the contrail effect.

It seems to me, that FSX is more effected by the "volumetric" contrail effect than P3D, but it's just a suspicion. People using P3D say, they don't recognize any frame rate Impact, People using FSX do Report that. On my system i cannot use the contrails cause i like my AI planes and i like extended contrails in the skies. Both is impossible on MY system with the PrecipitFX contrails.

Matthias

Dealing with decreasing frame rates...do you use the standard effect time for contrails showing? And how many AI planes are flying around?

On my system i get really heavy frame rate Impact when:

1) Extending the time the contrails are displayed, or

2) When there are a lot of AI planes showing the contrail effect.

It seems to me, that FSX is more effected by the "volumetric" contrail effect than P3D, but it's just a suspicion. People using P3D say, they don't recognize any frame rate Impact, People using FSX do Report that. On my system i cannot use the contrails cause i like my AI planes and i like extended contrails in the skies. Both is impossible on MY system with the PrecipitFX contrails.

Matthias

Program is crushing my FPS too.  I'm loosing  5- 10 FPS per normal flight, as much as 20 in heavy snow and rain.  Unfortunately, I had to uninstall.  Buyers be aware of the heavy FPS lose....

Matt King

Mh, i would not judge that hard and fast.

I do see a frame rate drop, but only with manipulating the contrail effect time or with lots of AI around. And please remember, that i use FSX in DX10 preview mode, and PrecipitFX was not programmed to work under this condition.

I think there are a lot of different installations of FSX around, thousands of tweaks and addon stuff. Perhaps you can say, that PrecipitFX MAY decrease FPS, but to claim this as an irrevocable truth is perhaps a little bit harsh.

Matthias

I only wanted it to sort the rain and snow out which it does very well, I did not install the contrails and I have no performance issues.

Worth the money just to fix the rain which has bugged me for years.

Hi

What ca I do? I've bought PrecipitFX but the rain on my vc in the default C172 doesn't appear.. please hace someone a solution?

You cant have rain on vc window only a few aircraft have that modeled (realair duke being one of them and pmdg j41) - Microsoft eliminated that in fsx 

Rich Sennett

YOU KIDDING ME? SHAME

Sure is but Precipitfx is looking into changing that but not sure how they will pull that off - right now the only way to get vc rain is to turn it on in the model - well see

Rich Sennett