Sign in to follow this  
Tushka

Banning babies from flights?

60 members have voted

1. 1. Should babies be banned from flying?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes but only from certain areas or certain flights

I find adults to be more of an irritant than babies. Babies only behave to external stimuli. Adults make up reasons to cause problems. Babies can be calmed. Adults prefer to escalate the issue.

Ban the adults, especially adults that think harming an infant is an acceptable behavior.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

I find adults to be more of an irritant than babies. Babies only behave to external stimuli. Adults make up reasons to cause problems. Babies can be calmed. Adults prefer to escalate the issue.

Ban the adults, especially adults that think harming an infant is an acceptable behavior.

:blink2: Sounds interesting.

I have had far, far more adults annoy me on an ailiner than any children. Yep, I would much rather PUNCH the adults than the children.

Yup well said.

Also to the OP, I'm sorry to hear that your sister had a terrible childhood but just "suddenly" turning around and punching a baby is not right...

She's an adult now, she should be able to control herself in front of "spoiled babies".

Maybe ship them as cargo.

The only way I like babies is medium-rare. . .

2 years and less get a free pass.   anything older needs to be disciplined by their parents to behave.  One exception is children who may have cold suffer from heavy sinus issue and they do not know how to pressurize their ears.. which is painful for kids... so yeah.. I can overlook those exceptions.. But badly behaving kids shoving their feet behind my seat, I wish I could smack them with a rolled up newspaper.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Lol

I'm all for tolerance, although it can be a challenge at times.

@ Manny

FREE PASS???

Whatever happened to age discrimination, as mentioned earlier?  Why should I pay more?  I usually behave myself.

If they do anything, they should charge double, to discourage bringing the little rug rats on board.

:unsure:

I find adults to be more of an irritant than babies.

Absolutely. A baby can't help it and doesn't understand what's going on, but some adults can be so inconsiderate, rude and "well, there isn't a word to describe it". On a long haul flight there was a group of drunk people hanging around our seats, leaning on people, shouting, etc.. I'd swap that for a crying baby any day. A certain "cheap European airline" really attracts that sort, and it starts the minute they announce the gate number. In fact, often if the flight is under and an hour and half, I'll drive instead, it's less stressful.

lol... How I actually once had such a thought when I was in Hong Kong after a sleepless night and extremely sick from the babies bacteria hence I missed my excursion as I only had one day...

Usually where I live in local flights children older than 2 years children are very well behaved, but I cannot say the same for international long haul flights with people from different nationalities with soft parents who aren't as though with their childrens. The world isn't easy, and a kid must never be thought that life is. My mother said you can be whatever you want to be and that greatly delayed my process to grow up as a proper adult.

The question will always be mixed, I believe usually it's 50-50 for banning babies yes or no. It just depends on the person or their purposes of flying. However, the hard fact is that they do cause mayor disturbances and in some causes make people sick, and people might miss very important meetings or ruined holidays as a cause of it. Earplugs may work but in most cases the baby is louder than the jet engine so they won't work.

About disturbing adults it's actually something rare. Only thing I've witnessed is drunks running around the aisles on local flights but they are just fun to watch since they fall and hit themselves :lol:  I guess my humor must be very different... However one thing I have noticed that western airlines do wrong with drunks is the fact that they stop serving and this usually causes a large scale argument and in rare cases even fights. It's easier to just go along with it and let them sleep if you know how to handle them.

I always knew my sister would not be the only one that gets mad at spoiled children and I found the rolled up newspaper comment quite funny, it's more original and less harmless. I've actually seen a lot of mistreatment of kids on airplanes. Once I was travelling with my boss he had this annoying 6 year old singing and kicking his seat for an hour when he suddenly turned around and told the kid that if he doesn't stop he will kick him out the plane, he went to the flight attendant, came back and the kid didn't make a single sound or move.

Sure, kicking a baby is not normal behavior and it's not normal for her either. I'm very sure there is something more to the story that I didn't hear from the flight crew. A lot of people from my country had a troubled past and it's very hard to get over with, and it's the same with majority of countries in the world unfortunataly. But I am trying to do my best to make her stay better in the EU which apparently she hates due she doesn't like homosexuals, graffiti and the huge amount of sex shops in Sofia, hence I might have to send her back. I'm honestly confused on what to do as she learned everything from her grandmother and thus will have a hard time surviving in the modern world.

tonywob, the cheap airline must be Ryanair? I always see arguments amongst adults when it's boarding time... Especially with baggage and this "priority boarding" crap. I always avoid that airline even if it means I have to pay more...

But would I pay more for a childless flight/area? Absolutely if it's long haul...

In my opinion it all comes down to how parents deal with their children. I think this is the same as crying babies in restaurants, libraries, stores, etc.

I so often see parents with crying babies who just ignore them crying or even start ######ing at such little ones, barking at them to stop and that is only making things worse.

As I always did when my daughter was a baby and she started crying in public places where it could bother other people, I'd take her outside, sooth her and then go back in. I can imagine it wouldnt be too much of a problem to take a crying baby into the restroom area, away from the other passengers and calm it down, before returning to your seat.

It's simple social protocol from both sides. Babies are a part of society and to some extend there are always situations where you can run into a crying baby, but for me its all about the way the situation is dealt with. If a child keeps crying and screaming and the parents dont deal with it properly, it can easily annoy the hell out of me! But on the other hand, if a baby is crying and a parent deals with it properly and minimizes the disturbance towards other people, I dont have any trouble adjusting and respect the minor nuisance.

In case of a cry-baby, there are those babies who have certain issues that cause them to cry extensively, you can indeed ask yourself if those have to come on a plane, or in a restaurant, or whatever, but this also comes down to the social standards of the parents, who should keep in mind that there are also other people around them. I know cry-babies are a handfull, but ###### happens and you have to deal with it without causing too much disturbance for others and maybe in such cases it's best not to take them into public places when you know it causes too much problems all around. But parents should know their babies best and know what they can and cant do with their child within the social protocol.

(OMG! I cant use words that commonly used on tv in programs for age 6 and up???... Well, okay.... Strange)

Cheers!

Maarten

extremely sick from the babies bacteria

Did the babies puke all over you? :huh:

Did the babies puke all over you? :huh:

No... But they were sick and there was clearly something in the air... I talked to the chinese man next to me and he noticed pretty much everyone around that baby got infected.