Sign in to follow this  
JoshuaC

Must See! REX Soft Clouds

BTW, One of the reasons why I always avoided X-Plane was the horrible quality, simplicity and shapelessness of the clouds there...

I think, as far as reality is concerned, this set is a step backwards...

Yes I agree but some folks will like the look and enjoy these textures so for them it's a good thing.  I'm sticking to TD 2048 clouds for the time being. To be honest some of the cloud sets from F1 FEX and AS2012 are as good as anything I have seen so far.

RE Thomason Jr.

These are Soft Clouds

Alps.jpg

Not often i go ohhhhhhhhooooowwwwww when i see a screenshot Gerard...but i did when i saw yours.Amazing. i have now got the Golden Hump :smile:

incredible setup

steve

I see ground shadows in the demo video on the first post - is that a P3D feature or has it finally been integrated into FSX? 

Have the same question here.

Duran.

When all of this is sorted out I will buy in a second - Tim lets Us know when this will be available without issues as this looks like a blend of P3D and rex which is perfect for me

Wait Richard you were quoted on their webpage as rating it 5 stars fantastic product uhhhh,

on the REX soft cloud website there is the following image:

softmain.jpg

Can anyone shed any light on whether this jet is an addon and if so who it is by? It looks awesome in this picture.

Thanks

Tom

Tom

Why not read some useful tips and tricks - http://forum.avsim.n...22#entry1965722

softmain.jpg

Can anyone shed any light on whether this jet is an addon and if so who it is by? It looks awesome in this picture.

Thanks

Tom

http://en.shop.aerosoft.com/eshop.php?action=article_detail&s_supplier_aid=12805&s_design=DEFAULT&shopfilter_category=Flight+Simulation&s_language=english

MSFS & XP11 - Aviatek G1000 Complex Desktop Trainer - Fulcrum One Yoke - TPR Rudder Pedals - VF TQ6 Throttle - LG 55" OLED Display

softmain.jpg

Thanks

Tom

On official page? Lol, that's Richard Sennett's shot, and one of the best shots around I must say.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/458466-launched-rex-soft-clouds-used/

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

OK, maybe I am missing something here. P3D already has volumetric clouds and fog. If you want "softer" clouds, don't use HD cloud textures. I use REX 512 or 1024 cloud textures and am perfectly happy with my experience.

Todd

P3D already has volumetric clouds and fog.

P3Dv2x only has volumetric fog... its clouds are 2D bitmaps. They may be described as volumetric-like, but they are very much 2D and not volumetric.

I love REX clouds but they are not 3D - soft or HD.

Hi Tom - that is the Aerosoft F-14X - canopy has been edited as it is in need of tlc especially in P3D - they are going to do some updates ans the canopy is part of that - not released yet

On official page? Lol, that's Richard Sennett's shot, and one of the best shots around I must say.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/458466-launched-rex-soft-clouds-used/

Thanks Buddy - appreciate it

Rich Sennett

So I guess what I'm not clear on is whether this add on actually changes anything to make the clouds proper 3d/volumetric or is it that the textures give more perception of being 3D?  I'm not quie understanding if these are actually changing anything other than textures...

Thanks

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

No, the soft cloud textures look more volumetric. They are not volumetric clouds. But I do recommend the add-on as I think the clouds look a lot more natural.

Unable to put checkmarks into the DXT5 and HDR option boxes. Other than that it loaded and started P3dV2.4 ok from the REX menu.

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA