Sign in to follow this  
ohsirus

Contact with AirAsia flight QZ8501 bound for Singapore from Surabaya lost

Actually this is my own conspiracy theory.  B)

Edited by firehawk44
Removed quote.

So no radar,radio, acars, mfr engine data or any of other numerous sources of information...no concrete proof of anything. So many sources of information about what happened but  nothing but talking heads from media...sounds familliar.

So no radar,radio, acars, mfr engine data or any of other numerous sources of information...no concrete proof of anything. So many sources of information about what happened but nothing but talking heads from media...sounds familliar.

Points to a sudden catastrophic event. Once again I read of a press conference assembled soon. More rumors of wreckage found. Weather in the area has been savage, those familiar will know those CB fire up and can be extreme.

Points to a sudden catastrophic event.

I don't believe in such events at FL320 unless it was sabotage/bomb which I don't consider likely here.

oil and debris found by plane.....

One thing I do know, is the A320 has a ceiling of FL390. 737NG can go up to FL410. At a decent weight, I have very little performance or margins left at FL390 even if the FMS says I can make FL400 or FL410. Thus, you are mad to try to out climb weather in such situations....  Go round or go down to increase maneuver margins. I do hope the FDR doesn't point to this outcome. All very sad and particularly for the region who have had a terrible year.

Mark Harris.

Aged 54. 

P3D,  & DCS mostly. DofReality P6 platform partially customised and waiting for parts. Brunner CLS-E Yoke and Pedals. Winwing HOTAS and Cougar MFDS.

Scan 3XS Laptop i9-9900K 3.6ghz, 64GB DDR4, RTX2080.

B737NG Pilot. Ex Q400, BAe146, ATP and Flying Instructor in the dim and distant past! SEP renewed and back at the coal face flying folk on the much deserved holidays!

oil and debris found by plane.....

One thing I do know, is the A320 has a ceiling of FL390. 737NG can go up to FL410. At a decent weight, I have very little performance or margins left at FL390 even if the FMS says I can make FL400 or FL410. Thus, you are mad to try to out climb weather in such situations....  Go round or go down to increase maneuver margins. I do hope the FDR doesn't point to this outcome. All very sad and particularly for the region who have had a terrible year.

Unfortunately it appears the oil and debris are unrelated. latest is that some smoke has been spotted in one of the islands in the search area.

As for the climb, there was a following company A320 much higher than the missing A320 and it was flying over the weather, so was the preceeding UAE flight, and the reports of embedded CB up to F350 would make sense. Other traffic is over the wx above F360, and his performance indicated he could climb, and that is what he tried. What we dont know if what his in-flight conditions were....was it turbulent? heavy rain? hail? all of the above?

This region was well and truly affected by the ITCZ at the time, and the turn to the left matches the last Doppler picture available on the internet. Alas, we will not know more until the data is recovered.

Yes just saw that. Very sad but hopefully the beginning of some closure for the families. May they rest in peace.

I know I'll be branded as a conspiracy theorist, but something should have been found from ML370 by now...  Bodies last 7-12 days on open sea bottom before they are broken down to the point of complete, well, destruction by sea life.  But something man-made should've been found by now.  Even the Air France aircraft that took two years to find left some debris. 

I know I'll be branded as a conspiracy theorist, but something should have been found from ML370 by now...  Bodies last 7-12 days on open sea bottom before they are broken down to the point of complete, well, destruction by sea life.  But something man-made should've been found by now.  Even the Air France aircraft that took two years to find left some debris.

Everyone has a different view on MH370 and mine is the person wanted to create the biggest mystery in aviation since Amelia Earhart. Reality is it doesn't take too much to make a 777 disappear and the final move would be to soft land it in the water so it remains as much intact as possible and sinks in larger pieces...That 777 is extremely tough and has never been tested in a water landing however I bet it would hold up extremely well. My thoughts is like the Titanic it will eventually be found and that is when we will finally know.

Air France broke apart in flight and hit the ocean extremely hard, it seams this is also the case with QZ8501. If MH370 did hit soft that would be the difference right there.

But with MH370 we don't know....and that is exactly what someone wanted to happen.

Matthew Kane

The other point to remember "conspiracy theorists" take note is that we don't know where MH370 came down, one. And, two it most proabably came down in the Indian Ocean which is considerably larger than a 777 and also very deep. So it's like looking for part of a needle in a haystack!

As for this recent tragedy they know where it came down and already some debris and bodies have been found. So no conspiracy there, sorry!

Even the Air France aircraft that took two years to find left some debris.

Because they new the location and got to it quickly. This made all the difference. If you waited another month with that aircraft you wouldn't be able to find anything.

Air France broke apart in flight

AF447 didn't break apart in flight. I hit the ocean whole and pretty much flat on its belly with a little nose up and a little banking.

Cheers,