Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[31DEC14] A little something for the New Year...

Great news! My XPX is ready for the first PMDG add on. Hoping to see some screenshots for the first PMDG aircraft in XPX soon!

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

Fantastic-looking plane as always. Ah, the fond memories I have of the 'old' 747-400X... Looking forward to this one!

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Robert,

If I read this thread correctly, the 747 v2 will be your first XPX offering?!

Tom-

No.  Here are two sentences- lets try some basic interpretation...

Sentence #1:  "Product XYZ will be migrated into Xplane."

Sentence #2: "Product XYZ will be our first release in Xplane."

Those two sentences are very different.  I will leave you to figure out how.  :unsure:

(This is a supposed to sound funny...  Just in case it doesn't translate well into text...  LOL...  What I am trying to point out is that if I would say very clearly if the 744 was to be our first product into Xplane...  if you read the Xplane product development thread, at the last update I talked about this specifically...)

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Hi Robert and team,

Ecstatic to see those little RR engines on the wing! Will this be fully modelled systems and performance wise with EPR?

Regards,

Alex

Alex-

No- we are going to use all the default FSX systems and the default 747 flight model like we usually do.

:ph34r:

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Alex-

No- we are going to use all the default FSX systems and the default 747 flight model like we usually do.

Don;t be rude ;). You guys haven't done a full simulation of the RR EPR systems on release before ;-).

Hopefully the EPR progress will quicken up the 200er?   :ph34r:

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Happy New Year to the PMDG team!

Those screenshots are beautiful. One of the things I noticed off the bat was how realistic the wing looks. The modeling is superb. Bravo!

Looks like 2015 will be a great year indeed.  B)

Thanks for the great read.

Sante-

Sante Sottile

Dear Robert and team. Looking forward to this and a big thank you for the mention of our VA.

Very best regards

John Barnes

CEO

BAVirtual.

I'd like to second that sentiment JB. Great New Year news from PMDG.

This sounds like the most complete base package PMDG have ever released. So many versions and options. Fantastic news.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Alex-

Good show old boy. Lets really push the envelope. Instead of the hi-fidelity modelling and systems, is there any chance we can have a eicas vhs player, with a grainy copy of "Rainman" circa 1989?

I'm an excellent driver ;)

Looking good guys! Happy New Year all  B)

Hi Robert, great news. I love the 747 Legacy and the 8i already. Definitely I will purchase the 747v2 as well. Do you have already a plan about the price structure (not about how much it will costs!). More likely if the guys how own already previous versions if they would get discount something like this.

Regards

Marco

Goodness Gracious!!! Thank you Robert :dance: :im Not Worthy: :smile:

Troy Kemp

Win 11 64 Pro on 1TB nvme + 500GB ssd  / P3Dv5.3+ on 1TB nvme+ 250GB with P3D addons / MS2020 2TB nvme /I9 13900K@ 5.8ghz / 32GB DDR4 3600mhz / MSI MPG Z690 DDR4 with wifi / RTX 4090FE

Sorry to say but why make all the 747 varients? Like the ER version only 6 sold! or the D version. While we dont have the 777-200ER wich sold more than 400! copies. 

jordi van der meer

Tom-

No.  Here are two sentences- lets try some basic interpretation...

Sentence #1:  "Product XYZ will be migrated into Xplane."

Sentence #2: "Product XYZ will be our first release in Xplane."

Those two sentences are very different.  I will leave you to figure out how.  :unsure:

(This is a supposed to sound funny...  Just in case it doesn't translate well into text...  LOL...  What I am trying to point out is that if I would say very clearly if the 744 was to be our first product into Xplane...  if you read the Xplane product development thread, at the last update I talked about this specifically...)

It's like math:

X = 737NGX

Y = 777X

Z = 747v2

thus,

Sentence #1:  "Product 737NGX, 777X and 747v2 will be migrated into Xplane."

Sentence #2: "Product 737NGX, 777X and 747v2 will be our first release in Xplane."

:lol:  :P

Thank you for the heads up! Can you give us an idea of the depth of failures as far as landing gear,wing gear hydraulic extension and retraction. (not modeled in current PMDG 747 sim) and Hydraulic system,If system 1 or 4 is inoperative:
Trailing edge flaps operate in secondary mode. Allow additional time during approach for
flap extension. (Due to sim limitations, time differences are not modeled.) Thanks!

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”