Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[31DEC14] A little something for the New Year...

Jim-

Take a look at the 777 and that will give you an idea how in-depth we will go with the failures and backup systems.  (ie: very very deep)  The alternate modes will take a ton of time, etc etc.

On the landing gear failures- we haven't sorted out how we want to approach that.  Unfortunately, FSX only computes the functionality of three landing gear (N, L, R) when it comes to the ground interface computation, so we can't really give you a wing gear fail-to-extend without the airplane sitting down on the wing like a regular tricycle gear airplane.

A week ago I would have said, "besides- it isn't like that ever happens."  :-p

So- like the 777, we will give you the alternate gear extension- but probably not the failure modes because FSX just won't handle them properly.  When we port it to Xplane then we will take advantage of what we can there...

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Almost pushed the button on the iFly 747, glad I didn't. This looks like it will be worth the wait.

Amazing news! Can't wait to do all the Qantas 747 flights!

Jason, because some may not notice I just wanted to say what a wonderful job you did on the profile and scale of the tires! Anyone who works around the real beasts will attest to this being the first 747 to have correctly modeled gear! Bravo.

Jordi Blumberg

(And in my mind- the 747 and the DC-3 are about the only two airplanes a pilot should ever need... Well... okay...maybe a 707...and a 727-200... and... never mind....)

They all have one thing in comment, they are swept wing with the DC-3 being the first. :-))

Billy Bluestar

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

Robert, I have a quick question/suggestion. My question is, will the passenger windows on the 747 V2.0 be transparent, as is the case in the 737NGX and 777? If the answer is yes, I'd like to make a suggestion. Is it possible for there to be an option for us to turn on/off transparent passenger windows, so that we can have non-transparent windows if we wish? I ask, because I wonder if not having transparent passenger windows will ease the load on our machines and improve frame rates?

What do you think?

And here we go again! I was missing this... feeling

Thank you very much, Rob! The 747 looks beautiful!

747V2 looks stunning - can't wait to do some CYVR and EGLL flights  ^_^ . Read through the 1.5 tutorial, and it really is amazing. Goes into all of the ETOPS and self-vectoring info I needed. Almost crashed my 77W yesterday (had to make a missed approach at any rate) because of improper autopilot setup on a self-vectored STAR to ILS leg, so having this is much appreciated.

Looking great! Thank you for the update!

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Almost pushed the button on the iFly 747, glad I didn't. This looks like it will be worth the wait.

+1 

I will wait for the real queen too. PMDG will give us an outstanding product, I'm sure. 

BTW: The pictures are awesome. I hope the 747 is out soon. :)

Philipp Schwaegerl

Well... okay...maybe a 707...and a 727-200... and... never mind....) 

Wait!... If I read this correctly.... you're trying to say.... that..... YES!!!

HalfLife 3 Confirmed!!  :ph34r:  :Whistle: