Sign in to follow this  
zmak

Side by side testing FSX vs FSX-SE

I'm on the point of abandoning AVSIM forums forever. they seem to attract very nasty minded people! :-(

It would be great if people would pause and think, "Is there a kind way to respond?" before posting.  Just a pause.  Pete, your posts are always insightful.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I'm on the point of abandoning AVSIM forums forever. they seem to attract very nasty minded people! :-(

Pete

Sure hope not Pete! Don't let a few rotten apples spoil the "fun".

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

PMDG, RealAir, Carenado, FSUIPC, ASN, REX, VoxATC, ORBX, FlightBeam, LatinVFR

Ive recently swapped, your in for a very pleasant surprise with VAS. 

Real air, some have trouble with the config panel not working

Carenado.. all ok

Fsuipc..no probs

Asn;; not working

Rex..all ok

Vox atc..I had problems initially but it sorted itself out on its own

Orbx. works with an XML workaround

Flightbeam all good

Latin Vfr all good

Sure hope not Pete! Don't let a few rotten apples spoil the "fun".

Agreed, and that type of snide accusation can hurt. Its not as if we are all crying about this sim and Pete isn't, in fact 99% of users are gushing . Just because he is a DEV doesn't mean he is not allowed to get excited...sheeesh

ZORAN

So very keen to start using FSX SE I have it but not downloaded....

I only fly tubes.. using big payware airports UK 2000 a few Aerosoft....FTX Global/ LC Europe and ASN....but alas until ASN is up and running I am with FSX.....but the performance just looks so much better in SE.....come on ASN....we need that update!!

Best

Yes ASN is the wild card. I just did a brief test at FSDT LAX with the 777 and every slider maxed out. VAS was 2.8 when I started and most it got to was 3.2. This is amazing

So, of all the add-ons I mentioned, we're waiting on ASN.  What about PMDG?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Thanks for sharing, but why on earth would you set LOD to 10.5? Did you apply this for both FSE:SE and FSX as well?

Yes I did apply it to both of them. It the high LOD was to try and my FSX:SE/FSX get a OOM.

So, of all the add-ons I mentioned, we're waiting on ASN.  What about PMDG?

PMDG 777 was released to day for FSX-SE, 737 in a few weeks and then the J41

ZORAN

I cant see the numbers are they sub 3000? what airport is that?

You have a good card but I see you dont have light bloom ticked in DX10..your missing out :-)

ZORAN

I cant see the numbers are they sub 3000? what airport is that?

You have a good card but I see you dont have light bloom ticked in DX10..your missing out :-)

all the info is posted and its DX9. Airport is FSDT LAX with max autogen, clouds and scenery complexity. Vas never went above 3.4. This would be impossible in FSX boxed

Quick test I did 

Thanks for the test devgrp!  Looks like VAS may be tamed as I see you just about maxed out everything, have the most vas-intensive aircraft loaded, and what looks like FSDT KLAX.

I've very excited about this news....seems like the Steam edition is a winner!   May have been the best $5 investment I ever made!  :wink:

EDIT: Lol...you posted the airport as I was writing my post.  Agreed, FSX Boxed would'a croaked!

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

all the info is posted and its DX9. Airport is FSDT LAX with max autogen, clouds and scenery complexity. Vas never went above 3.4. This would be impossible in FSX boxed

thats incredible for Dx9! why dont you get the DX10 fixer, it will knock your socks off!

ZORAN

thats incredible for Dx9! why dont you get the DX10 fixer, it will knock your socks off!

I do have the fixer but I havent installed it in se yet. 

Finally got the 777 into the new Sim. Its ridiculous really

2500k OC to 4.8ghz

560ti card

LOD 4.5

TML 2048

All sliders maxed except water and Autogen 1 click back and in DX10 mode using the fixer, all shadows and bloom enabled

Weather sliders both at 75%

Road traffic very low 5%

OPUS

VOX ATC

Loaded into YMML -YBBN ORBX over ORBX Australia. This would be possibly the toughest combo there is.

Preflight and taxi to runway max VAS 3300-3400 ( I would have dinged out in FSX by now) climbing out VAS back to 3100

But thats not all, the frames are exceptional as well. Happy dayz

ZORAN