Sign in to follow this  
Midnight Music

Latest hotfix deleted my FSDT sceneries and addon manager

The update for the FSDT Addon manager was for those with the P3D v2.5.12943.0 hotfix installed. If you haven't installed the P3D update, there is no need to update FSDT files. This is why you are getting the crashes.

Jazz

I can't find that information anywhere. Besides, hypothetically I could just have installed GSX today into a fresh P3D pre-hotfix installation and encounter the same error.

Why would the new FSDT Addon Manager not offer backward compatibility? That's a basic principle of software development...

I ran the updated add-on manager,and still have nothing in the P3D drop down menu.
http://s177.photobucket.com/user/B1900Mech/library/Lockheed%20P3D/FSDT%20Issue

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Well, i've installed P3D v2.5 hotfix and the latest FSDT addon manager too, so I can confirm what max posted, the exact same CTD StackHash_0a9e error. So I've un-installed all my FSDT and FlightBeam addons, and could complete a 90min flight without any sort of CTD's.

So for me and Max it's confirmed, FSDT's latest update to work with P3D's hotfix, causes CTD StackHash_0a9e, almost every time I opened the sim. So, it's time to post this to the appropiate forum, hope someone join me, if they didn't yet.

Sergio Naiberg

According to FSDT, to get the latest patch, all one had to do was run either of their installers, (GSX YVR, etc.) and it would automatically download the latest updates. I just completed a flight out of CYVR without any issues. So I am at a loss as to what has happened. For the record, I ran the installer for GSX, earlier this morning, and everything worked as described by FSDT. Sorry, I can't be the bearer of better news, Guys. I'm sure FSDT will get you sorted out. 

Jazz

Not for me, nothing. Did you do anything special?

The hotfix affects all addons that use the exe.dll file.

The solution I found was - reinstall (don't update) - all addons involved: are few.

Everything is working!

Cheers,

I reinstalled KJFK,reran the latest addon manager,still no addon manager in drop down menu.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Did you guys report this to FSDT or what?

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Did you guys report this to FSDT or what?

I did, they state, it's not their add-on fault.

If i install FSDT, I get CTD's everywhere, uninstall them and not one CTD.

It's very strange, I'd like to add that I also have the latest Estonia Migration Tool  installed (but disabled), maybe this has something to do, but I doubt it.

Sergio Naiberg

I reinstalled KJFK,reran the latest addon manager,still no addon manager in drop down menu.

Not sure if this is the cause, but for me this happens when I install addon manager outside my user account (e.g. as administrator) and the exe.xml and dll.xml files are default.  Its seems that addon manager modifies only exe.xml and dll.xml for the user account it being install under.  

Hope this helps.

This addon manager is just a nightmare. I added the updated files but doing that makes the addon manager and coatul dissappear from the fropdown menu. Grrrrrr

i9 7920X @ 4.7  | MSi x299 Gaming Pro Carbon  | Gigabyte Aorus 1080Ti | 32GB DDR4 GSkill 3000mhz | 1 TB Samsung 960 EVO | 3TB Toshiba 7200rpm.

I can't find that information anywhere

It's on the only place where it would make to look for it: our support forum. There's a complete discussion about the new P3D Hotfix there.

Besides, hypothetically I could just have installed GSX today into a fresh P3D pre-hotfix installation and encounter the same error.

No, because as you might have noticed, ALL our installers DOWNLOADS the very latest version of the .DLL when they run so, if you ran the installer after an update to support a new P3D build is released, you would get it anyway, even without having to known about it.

Why would the new FSDT Addon Manager not offer backward compatibility? That's a basic principle of software development...

Because we need to look at specific memory addresses, to get data we cannot get with Simconnect so, SAME as in FSUIPC, and ANY other product that needs to peek into the sim memory addresses to get what they need, each time there's a new build of the sim, you need a new version of our module, which usually comes out a day or so after the release of the new build.

And, of course the basic principle of software development, when dealing with direct in-memory access, is that you DO NOT try to offer *forward* compatibility with a new, untested version of a product you are supposed to work with, is that you don't even TRY to run, if you don't know the new version and are sure the memory addresses haven't changed so, we test specifically for a certain build, and we don't run if the build is not known.

Can you run FSUIPC with a new build of a sim, if it's not upgraded to support it ? Then why you would expect the Addon Manager should be any different ?

I did, they state, it's not their add-on fault.

Even it surely wasn't our fault, this doesn't mean we didn't do anything to try to fix it, as you can see from this thread on our forum, which includes an updated version of the Addon Manager to try, and so far reports are all very positive:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,11597.msg89129.html#msg89129

Now, you might surely say "why you say it's not your fault, when it was fixed with a new Addon Manager?".

Well, the issue is, something in P3D 2.5 or in the Hotfix has caused some kind of conflict between the VC++ 2005 runtimes, which are used by ALL add-ons that supports both P3D and FSX, and P3D, and this never happened before.

This new testing version of the Addon Manager hasn't changed a single line of code but, being compiled with VS 2013, it now runs with the 2013 version of the VC++ runtimes, and this seems to solve that conflict.

I still think something is not entirely right with the Hotfix, because I can see some access violation errors in P3D, even if the Addon Manager is NOT LOADED, just the plain sim without any addons does some access violation errors when it starts, and it's *POSSIBLE* they are TRIGGERING a more serious problem that happens only when other modules are loaded or, more precisely, other addons that requires the VC++ 2005 runtimes, and linking against the 2013 version might have side-stepped the problem.

It's on the only place where it would make to look for it: our support forum. There's a complete discussion about the new P3D Hotfix there.

I would have expected it to be included in your customer's download

FWIW I had the issue (with Geneva) and did as instructed (re-ran the Add On Manager installer without needing to re-download it) and it fixed the problem.

I would have expected it to be included in your customer's download

Again, as I've said in my previous reply:

ALL our installers DOWNLOADS the very latest version of the .DLL when they run so, if you run any of the FSDT installers after an update to support a new P3D build is released, you would get it anyway, even without having to known about it.

Still nothing in the dropdown manager,followed all advice on FSDT forum.