Sign in to follow this  
templar998

PMDG A350

As much as I can understand the fact that PMDG decided (or agreed, dont remember the exact story here...) to let LevelD develop its own 757, now it really seems that this project will never see the light of day.

It would be the best choice to complete the "familiy" besides the NGX, the 777 and the 747v2. Come on PMDG, lets make that 757 and that 767 !! Love those airplanes...  :im Not Worthy:  

Besides a 757, what other aircraft types do you think PMDG would produce as a flight sim? 

Well they could do a 767 as well since the Level-D 767, while still a good aircraft, is rather dated but the likelyhood of that is very slim. I think they could also expand on the 777 series since they have only done the 200LR and 300ER, the former not being in service with too many airlines right now they could (and in my opinion, should) release a 200ER and maybe even the original 200.

Samuel Scully

Well they could do a 767 as well since the Level-D 767, while still a good aircraft, is rather dated but the likelyhood of that is very slim. I think they could also expand on the 777 series since they have only done the 200LR and 300ER, the former not being in service with too many airlines right now they could (and in my opinion, should) release a 200ER and maybe even the original 200.

Also, don't forget that it is basically a question of the market. A "few good men" who absolutely love a certain type of aircraft don't make up a viable market. Even a refresh of PMDG's own MD-11 has been discussed quite a lot, but the market simply hasn't the required volume.

On the other hand, if one or more of those aficionados have some cash to burn on it, as an alternative to e.g. going on a treasure hunt on some small island with some water filled holes, they should find PMDG quite willing to take up the job.  :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Bert

Bert Laverman

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Once and for all, PMDG will not do an Airbus. It is not going to happens. FSLabs and Aerosoft are the companies working on Airbusses already. Especially FSLabs is capable of delivering good quality, so there wouldn't be much of a point for PMDG to make one. The only things we can expect are Boeings, MD's, and maybe CRJ's and Embraers in the future.

You seem pretty certain of yourself.

You do know that half PMDG's announced product line are aircraft not made by Boeing, and with the possible exception of the Jetstream, all of their product line are also made by someone else.

PMDG also had help with the JS4100's FMC and I am not sure about that statement from another poster on Embraers and CRJs, either. There's also a very promising CRJ in the making "from someone else".

Anyhoo, neither the J41 nor the MD-11 were on my "demand them from PMDG" list - still I am very happy with the aircraft PMDG have chosen to development.

They do their market research themselves, know their capabilities and limitations, make their business decisions accordingly and a "vocal minority" from "some flight sim forum" will and should not change that.

Well done, PMDG.

all of their product line are also made by someone else.

Sorry, this sentence has me confused. What do you mean by that?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Sorry, this sentence has me confused. What do you mean by that?

I meant that outfits other then PMDG also sell simulations for the 737, 747, 777, MD11 and DC-6 and all were available on the market before PMDG announced or released their version. So the argument that PMDG 'wont do' a given aircraft because someone else already does it, or is about to release it, or has announced it, does not hold water.

PMDG will do what they want to do, regardless of what we want them to do, or what we think they should do, and long may that continue.

Ah, now I understand. The way you stated it made me think you were saying that their own products were created by another company!!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I would give my left n** for a PMDG Tu-154.

I'll throw in my right one so they will have a pair lol

There are many aircarft PMDG could tackle:

Airbus A350/380

Boeing 787

Embraer E-175/195 or 135/145

I don't believe they will be interested in going for older airplanes like the 757/767 or the MD80.

+1 Embraer E-135/145/175/195!!! B)

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

This!

What is this suppose to mean?