Sign in to follow this  
Ebs

Landing Rate "Plugin" for FSUIPC (Improve your landings!) FSX/P3D

I'm keen to try your tool!

You'll have to buy me dinner first!  :lol:

In all seriousness, if you're having problems with lua.txt etc. then in notepad, simply save the file with surrounding quotes "ipcReady.lua" that way it won't do the lua.txt thing.

I won't be uploading it, but others are more than welcome to.

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

Disregard, got it to work.....

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

It works like a dream in my P3Dv3, and your tutorial for the gtn750 is a pleasure to watch! Two dinners next time you come in Italy!

Just in case someones would like to have some more landing information (vertical speed, center line deviation, bank angle, heading, touchdown speed etc.). Look for the little FSX App "Lord of the Landing" - it also works flawlessly in P3Dv3. I prefer this over the lua file. It also allows to place the aircraft back to a approach position to train landings.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

Thank you for this script! I love it because it runs automatic and is nice and lightweight!

But I have a question about it - is there a way to show the landing rate for a longer time? Sometimes I am just so distracted by procedures and so on that I dont look fast enough to check it. I would be happy to see it for lets say 30sec or so.

Thanks

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

But I have a question about it - is there a way to show the landing rate for a longer time? Sometimes I am just so distracted by procedures and so on that I dont look fast enough to check it. I would be happy to see it for lets say 30sec or so.

Where it says ipd display, change that number from 15 to a longer amount of seconds. Should work!

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Where it says ipd display, change that number from 15 to a longer amount of seconds. Should work!

Thank you very much! Will trie it!

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Didn't know about this script until now, definitely going to try it out. Like others, I don't want to start a separate application to monitor the vspeed so this seems suitably lightweight and automatic.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

This is the neatest little gizmo to come down the pike in awhile. Thank you so much for your work. What I did to get this to work was to open one of the lua files in the FSUIPC documents folder, then copy over your code into the file, then store it in the modules folder, then change the name to ipcReady. This way it was called a "lua file". I tried other approaches and they failed.

Same for me: got it work with the approach above. Thanks silverheels2 for sharing and thank you so much Neil for this little-big tool, really appreciated.

Cheers,

Massimo Burti

Intel Core i9-13900K ¦ 64GB DDR4-3200 - 2x 32GB - Kingston Fury Beast - black ¦ 2x 2TB - m.2 NVMe Gen4 - Samsung 980 Pro ¦ Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4  ¦ Asus TUF RTX 3080 Gaming OC LHR - 12GB ¦ 1000W - 80+ Platinum - Seasonic Prime PX

Sry, I still do not understand, as I do this archivco.lua, here is always in a text document

Cezario, just change the .txt to .lua, if I understand you correctly.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

This sounds like a useful and fun feature! Always good to be practicing for a soft landing.

More good news - don't forget that there's also a free demo version of FSFlyingSchool 2017 in versions for FSX, FS2004, P3D and X-Plane 11 and 10 - and they will all provide vertical speed at touchdown and plenty more to think about...  :-)

Yes - it's a separate application that runs at the same time as your sim. Free demo - no time limit - use it for as long as you like.

Works with FREE version of FSUIPC or of XPUIPC (for X-Plane).

Hi Gents,

Sorry to resume this old topic but,

Is there any chance to have this .lua plugin working again in V4/FSUIPC5 (no luck for me til far)?

Thanks in advance for reading and happy  v4 flying.

Massimo Burti

Intel Core i9-13900K ¦ 64GB DDR4-3200 - 2x 32GB - Kingston Fury Beast - black ¦ 2x 2TB - m.2 NVMe Gen4 - Samsung 980 Pro ¦ Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4  ¦ Asus TUF RTX 3080 Gaming OC LHR - 12GB ¦ 1000W - 80+ Platinum - Seasonic Prime PX

Hi Massimo:

It will be great to hear of the plugin for Prepar3D version 4 using FSUIPC version 5. You can also use the free demo of FSFlyingSchool PRO 2017 for P3Dv4 for as long as you like.

It provides vertical speed at touchdown and plenty more to think about...  :-)

Available here...   http://www.fsflyingschool.com/demo-p36.asp