Sign in to follow this  
stevewhatmore

Good old FS9

<Troll_Mode>

If an FS9-SE were to be developed in a similar way to FSX-SE, would anyone here be tempted to try it?

</Troll_Mode> :Whistle:

I could buy a tub of Vaseline and smear it over the screen.  I'd have more money left, the same experience and much smoother skin   :Silly:

Thank you FP, brilliant answer! :lol: :Applause:

sorry but have to laugh.  

Yea i think ill go back to Windows XP. looks and runs better and everything else sucks. Oh and my 79 Datsun, looks way better too. You should see my latest 24" CRT tube! Im also going back to this monochrome cell phone from nokia. looks way better!

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Amazing how these discussions always end up the same way.

LOL...

I would just say Out Of Meds in general...   Old people really have a hard time embracing change and letting things go.... :P

And just FYI I don't consider 52 old.  And regarding your out of money comment, I could purchase anything required to make FSX or PD3D THE sim on my machine. It's a matter of choice. You speak in far to general terms.

Regards,

Joe Esposito

Love this thread! At my age, it's better than a wet tee shirt contest ..... well, almost anyway .....

Not a matter of age...

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

That's true Harald. Of course, a lot depends on who is wearing the wet tee shirt! LOL

So hopefully now we can all agree - FSX-SE for those who want it, FS9 for those who want it, both of them for those of us who want both of them (that's me!) and wet tee shirt contestants for those of us who are really, really lucky!!!

And for those who really think this thread is worth any further serious debate, FS95 and a wet dog smelling contest! Enjoy!

Cheers

Ian

And for those who really think this thread is worth any further serious debate, FS95 and a wet dog smelling contest! Enjoy!

Cheers

Ian

Wait a minute ..... serious debate?  I must have missed that part somewhere ......

Amazing how these discussions always end up the same way.

And just FYI I don't consider 52 old.  And regarding your out of money comment, I could purchase anything required to make FSX or PD3D THE sim on my machine. It's a matter of choice. You speak in far to general terms.

Weeell.. Sometimed it's not about chronological age more than it is mindset...

Another surefire sign is tht the sense of humor starts to go as well...

Weeell.. Sometimed it's not about chronological age more than it is mindset...

Another surefire sign is tht the sense of humor starts to go as well...

Weeell.....If I find something funny, my sense of humor kicks in no problem. And I am very happy in my FS9 mindset. As is always the case in these types of threads it is a matter of "to each his own". But that is sorely lacking around these parts. If you don't use FSX then you are "in the dark ages" or a whole list of other labels applied because we are not part of the FSX "crowd".

Regards,

Joe Esposito

I could buy a tub of Vaseline and smear it over the screen. I'd have more money left, the same experience and much smoother skin :Silly:

I have to admit that was funny.

In all seriousness though, even though I don't use FS9 any longer I still consider it a great Sim and have many wonderful memories from when I used it. I learned the original PMDG 737 in it and had many wonderful, eye opening and memorable flights in it.

A few years ago I reinstalled it just for kicks to see how I would like it after a few years of using FSX. I installed not all of my many addons, but some key airports, GePro, the LDS767 and PMDG 737, AI, and Ultimate Terrain.

I set of from KSEA to Flightzone Portland which was one of my favorite FS9 scenery packages. I got about half way there and stopped. I just couldn't take the lower resolution ground textures and the FS9 water.

Granted I loved the rain drops on the window but that one feature just wasn't enough to keep me interested.

If FS9 had better/higher resolution ground textures like FSX does then I would probably be using it, although performance between the two for me is pretty similar with all the work I've done to FSX.

I guess since I've gotten so accustomed to a good working, finely tuned FSX, seeing again what I used to love, just didn't look as good as I had remembered.

As I said before, as long as we all enjoy what we have, then there shouldn't be arguing about which is better and stop bickering about it. No one is going to change the others mind and we should just be greatful that we even have flight sims that offers us this fidelity and enjoyment that they provide be it, FSX, FS9, or P3D.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

No one is going to change the others mind

8 Paragraphs to say that.   B)

I think the 'Old Farts Flying Club' needs some airing again!

FS9 has such a great collection of fun flying stuff. I have a flying Harry Potter, a flying nude guy & gal, from FS2002, F1 racing cars & track, Red Arrows in a 6(?) & 9 aircraft flight, with planes that change position, as well as an amazing collection of stuff from Garry & Ed at http://www.ford-tri-motor.net/

So, to those that sneer at us,,..  :Shame On You:  :Silly:  :Party:  8P  :p0503: 

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

This thread reminds me of these restaurant owners who are stuck in the 80s. Same menu , same decor, afraid of any change whatsoever but wondering why their business is failing.

You guys might be happy with FS9, but you will be stuck with it for another 20 years no matter what comes out because you cant see change for the better.  There is a reason why devs have nearly stopped fs9 development all together. Because they want to progress for bigger and better things. Without that mindset, they would never survive.

Dont always need the most latest and greatest, but usually newer is better, more efficient, better looking, and provides alot more features. Now we have an improvement on fsx with p3d, something which we been complaining about for years, and your still stuck with fs9. Just doesnt compute. It was great when it came out,  which was what.... 2003?  In case you didnt know, its 2015.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Lol, the latest & greatest? So, some of moved from Windows XP to Vista! Woof, what a dog that was. The move from Windows 7 to Windows 8/8.1?? Need I say more...

Fs9 is like a good red wine.. the longer you keep it, the better it is, or like the original Ford Mustang.. a classic! Devs not supporting us??? :LMAO:

. Milton? Garry & Ed? etc, etc, we have more than 10 years of stuff that works, without us getting new PC's...

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

:hi:

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...