Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

The European airport sceneries you don't want to miss

Haha i think you should apologise ;) read this -

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/99778-p3d-v3-compatibility/

Psst, Post #17 from Mathias himself says otherwise. :)

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Haha i think you should apologise ;) read this -

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/99778-p3d-v3-compatibility/

I think you should apologise for using that post as an argument for demanding an apology. The post on the Aerosoft forum is from October 1st. It said then that "at this moment NONE of our installers know about P3d V3." It is now over a month later. I apologise for drawing your attention to this simple chronological fact.

• Upvote 2

@ Driver170 - I (re)downloaded 6 or 7 new installers from Aerosoft yesterday, now with full P3Dv3 compatibility.  The post you linked in over a month old.    Seems there's a huge amount of demanded conservatism regarding installing into P3Dv3.    I mean, of course, Licencing must be respected, but where it's not an issue, users should be free to attempt get software running in P3D, while understanding the risks (and not crying if things go wrong).... but still all these "Do NOT install into P3Dv3...... wait for formal installers" posts continue.   

If people want to be that conservative, that's good for them - a lot of us are happy to take some risks (within licencing conditions) and get flying!

Bill

UK LAPL-A

Currently flying:- (GA): COWS DA-42, A2A Comanche, FSW C414, WT SR22T, FSS P2006, BlSq TBM850, FSR M500, Flyboy Rans S6S, SWS Zenith 701,C172 JT-A mod (Airliners): Fenix A320, Ini A300-600, FBW A320 NEO and PMDG737.

Not really because i commented on airport scenery and got sent that link to prove otherwise

Thats my point bill aerosoft haven't released anything saying there scenery is compatible with V3. Its all at your own risk. Some people don't have patience!

Vernon Howells

... aerosoft haven't released anything saying there scenery is compatible with V3. ...

Vernon,

Try to get your facts right before wasting internet bandwith with sweeping statements like that. Plenty of official Aerosoft announcements about upgraded scenery here (since Oct. 1st):

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/forum/88-new-releases-and-updates/

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

So...in an attempt to steer this thread in the right direction again I thought this weekend with lots of good prices would be a good weekend to invest in a couple of new destinations and right in time for Christmas when there will be some more spare time than usual enjoying the new destinations :smile:

These are the products I'm considering right now:

LH Simulations Budapest (LHBP)
Taxi2Gate Istanbul (LTBA)
FlyTampa Vienna (LOWW)
Drzewiecki Design Warsaw (EPWA)
Drzewiecki Design Moscow (UUEE)

Another airport I found that looks very nice at least by looking at the promotion video is Digital Design's Saint-Petersburg (ULLI). Anyone in here who owns this one and could comment on the quality?

I also noticed Drzewiecki Design's Tallin (EETN) which would be a nice flight from Stockholm but I'm not sure if the texture quality is on par with the other airports in the list above...looks a bit FS9'ish to me. Anyone in here who owns this one and could comment on the quality?

So this would be 5-7 new destinations to explore where the majority of them will hopefully be a pleasure to visit but if you have any other suggestions of great looking high quality European airports that haven't already been mentioned in here don't be a stranger :wink:

Richard Åsberg

Another Developer is rising. It's RFScenerybuilding. My first scenery so far is Catania - Fontanarossa. Great one, high detailed and very performance friendly  (VAS and FPS).

-20% off at simmarket, for all the pricehunter out there. :)

And maybe you want to check out Rome (aerosoft). Also nice looking scenery. 

Philipp Schwaegerl

Thanks Philipp, will check that new Catania scenery out.

Already have AS Rome and I agree, that's a nice one!

Still interested hearing from people who own Tallin and Saint-Petersburg if you're happy with those?

Richard Åsberg

Thanks Philipp, will check that new Catania scenery out.

Already have AS Rome and I agree, that's a nice one!

Still interested hearing from people who own Tallin and Saint-Petersburg if you're happy with those?

I have tallinn, there is really nothing to worry about it looks very good!

I've been checking it out again but I'm not sure.

Looking at some of the screenshots over at Aerosoft and especially looking at some of the ground textures I'm not very impressed to be honest but then again it's a great destination and currently only 10 bucks so maybe I'll get it anyway.

Richard Åsberg

LH Simulations Budapest (LHBP)

Taxi2Gate Istanbul (LTBA)
FlyTampa Vienna (LOWW)
Drzewiecki Design Warsaw (EPWA)
Drzewiecki Design Moscow (UUEE)
Another airport I found that looks very nice at least by looking at the promotion video is Digital Design's Saint-Petersburg (ULLI)

Excellent choices, Richard! :good:

I have most of them and they are really wonderful.

I don't have Tallinn but have most other sceneries by Drzewiecki and they are good to very good so, like you wrote, not much to lose.

Also make sure to check this: http://secure.simmarket.com/justsim-strigino-nizhny-novgorod-international-airport-fsx-p3d.phtml

I am considering buying it, as the BF sale is valid until tomorrow (oops, actually today now). Looks absolutely awesome in the screenshots!

Plus I am also considering Catania, mentioned above. The screenshots delight my eyes too.

Thanks Rafal, looking forward to try them out and fact is I ended up buying all of them so now I have 7 new destinations to explore...could be considered as an early Christmas gift to myself I guess :wink:

I checked that other airport you suggested but I think that one might be a bit too off to fit my needs. I do all my flying online on Vatsim and I prefer to run on destinations where it's likely I will have online ATC and I doubt that happens too often for that airport :wink:

Richard Åsberg