Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[09DEC15] A Whole Lotta 747-400 Goodness!

Hi there im new here and i got two questions...

1. Will there be all three engine types included in the 747-400 like GE; RR and PE?

2. There are only a view days left before christmas so will it be released before or after christmas?

Thank you for taking time to reply for this... :wink:

Hans Knust

will the cabin crew call buttons be compatible with my home com system to call flight attendant and bring a coffee?

Perfect idea.

Can we link the 747 to my GF please? :D

So that a red light and alert sound plays in the living room if I need a coffee? :smile:

I am even willing to buy her a flight attendent outfit :P

@rsrandazzo: I am fully with you on the "damage" topic. I am really looking forward to the release! Can't wait. Will buy it on day one!

Don,

I have actually tinkered with sorting out ways to get an acars message to forward in SMS format.  The objective is to send my coffee request to the the Lovely Dr. Randazzo while she is out and about her day.

If I succeed, you all will probably find me hospitalized for some time...

ok,

once you managed that part, i would actually request the pizza delivery button. thanks for your innovative thinking!

Don,

I have actually tinkered with sorting out ways to get an acars message to forward in SMS format.  The objective is to send my coffee request to the the Lovely Dr. Randazzo while she is out and about her day.

If I succeed, you all will probably find me hospitalized for some time...

Gents,

Catastrophic damage as you have described is the stuff of movies and hollywood style video games.

Leaks and things that break are far more likely to appear as eicas messages and system failures (which we simulate in abundance for you...) but if you are flying for an outfit with even moderately decent maintenance, you are unlikely to be severely challenged in a career.

The things that happen in real life tend to be relatively minor in terms of the survivability of the airplane because these machines are engineered so darn well.  The bigger likelihood is that you will find yourself over an expanse of dark water, far from a suitable landing source, and a relatively minor system failure will cascade into a much bigger problem because of the weather or dispatch requirements at your destination.  If you are headed for a fogged in EGLL and expecting a CatII or CatIII landing, and suddenly have a failure that causes your AFDS to degrade, you might start looking at other locations, fuel requirements, landing minimums, etc.

As boring as it sounds- that is where you make your money sitting in the left seat.

Flying the airplane upside down is best left to hollywood and Denzel Washington.

Robert, LMAO I didn't mean to sound all hollywoody and stuff. I just think that visuals like that in a flight sim like P3D or XP would be awesome. Seeing an engine failure on the displays, only realizing the engine is completely gone with a lookout on the wing from the cabin............ But that is more eye candy than anything. Don't get me wrong, you guys have done a outstanding job with your products so far. No thanks to MS for almost killing the FS community after firing the boyz. Even with a good outfit, mistakes can happen, as has been seen in so many crashes worldwide. One that comes to mind is the mechanics that raised the engine back up with a forklift, trying to shortcut the Boeing procedure (damaging the pylon), causing the engine to separate during takeoff. As for Denzel......I really didn't think that was one of his finest movies. :smile:​

One that comes to mind is the mechanics that raised the engine back up with a forklift, trying to shortcut the Boeing procedure (damaging the pylon), causing the engine to separate during takeoff.

That sounds strikingly similar to AAL191. If so, that was Douglas...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Airlines_Flight_191

Kyle Rodgers

Ah yes Kyle you are correct. I stand corrected. I couldn't remember exactly and thought it was Boeing. Had a lot on my mind this week as I prepare for knee surgery on Friday. Any chance of the 747 being released between now and midnight?  :smile:  Won't be doing much flying, if any in the next couple weeks. :sad: Wonderful to park her in the hanger and look forward to using her as PT (rudder pedals) for my rehab :dance:​ 

Had a lot on my mind this week as I prepare for knee surgery on Friday. 

Wish you the best.

Had an ACL surgery ~15 years ago and I am still here flying  :wink:

• Upvote 1

Is it even in Beta yet?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Thank you PMDG for making so accurate and beautiful airplanes

The Queen of the sky , the 747-400 shall be your best up to date

chahe mekhdjian

Nope

And in case anyone didn't pick up on how many messages you can pack into a single word reply.

Dan is saying the following:

1) No.  Those ######s at PMDG STILL haven't given it to us.

2) Yes, the entire beta team is eagerly standing by WAITING.

3) Yes, we are all reading to claw over one another to get access to it.

4) I am getting sick of having to babysit Carl- who is sitting in the corner rocking like a heroin addict waiting for his 744.

5) It should be obvious that it isn't out, since he is here answering questions.

6) Please start back at #1 and re-read this list ten times.

Yes- Dan packed all of that into a single word sentence.

• Upvote 1

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Wish you the best.

Had an ACL surgery ~15 years ago and I am still here flying  :wink:

And we don't even need a first class medical to fly our planes..what a treat..

• Upvote 1

Hello,      There is still time Captain for you to take on the role of Jimmy Stewart in Its a Wonderful Life. That would be something special.