Sign in to follow this  
ark4diusz

Prepar3D 3.1.2.15831 released

Besides cloud textures i also installed water animation and textures. REX is somewhat generating a ne WaterConstants.xml which seems to break the 3D wave animation. Aftzer the 3.1 content update you´ll find a new WaterConstantsV3,xml. As you can see it is marked with V3. Deleting the REX WaterConstants.xml and clearing the shader cache didnt work for me so i un- and then reinstalled the content again.

Yes, if using REX4 Texture Direct to inject a water animation, it creates a WaterConstants.xml file in the same directory as your Prepar3D config file.

V3.1 has, as you point out, a new WaterConstantV3.xml file. After injecting a water animation from REX4TD, I simply delete the WaterConstants.xml file REX creates, and then go fly. Have tried out several different REX animations so far and all is fine, so not sure why you had to reinstall the content again.

I see water motion at 25000 feet, highest I have tested so far. Also all waves move with the wind, so the wind/wave direction problem has been fixed.

Must say this was the easiest sim update ever for me. All my settings, add-ons etc. stayed intact. Admittedly I did not install the scenery module, only client and content. The scenery can wait.

Considering it is the Christmas week, and all are getting into the holiday "gees" (South African for "spirit"), I personally think the 3rd party add-on developers have done a great job in updating all their stuff to work in V3.1 so quickly (within a day!).

So to LM, HiFi Simulations and FSDT, a big thank you from me!

Rob

Robin Harris

Could someone please explain to me how to reset or delete the shaders for P3D v3.x?

Why do I need to do this? Is this for those who use REX Texture Direct for those wave animations? So everytime I change the wave settings I need to perform this step?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Could someone please explain to me how to reset or delete the shaders for P3D v3.x?

Why do I need to do this? Is this for those who use REX Texture Direct for those wave animations? So everytime I change the wave settings I need to perform this step?

Google "Prepar3d delete shaders" -> 1st hit -> read

You keep asking things for which 1000 answers have been given already all over this and other forums...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

No issues with performance degradation when Water = Ultra with SLI enabled.  Overall FPS seems unchanged with SLI but you might see some benefits when using Dynamic Reflections in a scene that has dynamic reflections.

And it was all LM's fault and they better fix it! haha

Cheers, Rob.

Wise arse lucky I like you Robert

Rich Sennett

VAInterfaceLite_2.14.1 is broke I suspect... need a new version for 3.1

Can anyone confirm if its working for them with the 3.1 update?

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

If many people are discussing about water, that might be an indication that water IS a popular feature.

HOWEVER, there are many other fixes and, from our humble point of view as scenery developers, this is the most important one, which we reported to LM in November, so they were very fast fixing it:

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6309&t=115610

This caused ALL sceneries, aircraft and vehicles that used bump maps to look wrong under P3D, at least starting from version 2.

Oh nice! Hopefully next update they can fix the broken spec maps.

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers

VAInterfaceLite_2.14.1 is broke I suspect... need a new version for 3.1

Can anyone confirm if its working for them with the 3.1 update?

It's working fine for me, though it took two tries before it connected. Now it works better than it did under v. 3.0

Walter Meier

OK - so....Did I miss the arrival of several drivable boats with v3.0, or did they sneak in with v3.1 as an interesting way of demonstrating their new water physics models?  The vehicle folder date/timestamps seem to match with my upgrade install, but they're not on the change log. Nice little bonus - for the fun of it.

(I performed an in-place upgrade to v3.1, replacing the client and content modules)

I'm cruising on Lake Champlain in a container ship right now. HAH!

111jtxw.jpg

• Upvote 2

1.) You let other people do the testing and exploratory work for you.

2.) You let conflicting information settle down into a consensus that you can benefit from.

3.) You give the expected 3rd party developers some time to react and update.

4.) You get to read about other peoples earth shattering problems, happy it wasn't you dealing with it.

5.) You get to read about other peoples tips and successes, so you're better prepared to do it yourself.

6.) You still get to fly on your fully functional v3.0 while others wait, stress, and gripe.

7.) When the time is right for you, you get to move up to v3.1 and enjoy!

All good stuff.

Agree +1!!!!

And the ships will bobble up and down with wave motion.

Cheers, Rob.

So the client update from 3.0 to 3.1 does not affect any files that may have been modified when I crowbarred UT2 into P3D v3?

I had UT2 jimmied into P3Dv3 and installed the client.msi....did not break UT2...it works just fine in P3Dv3.1

John Pipilas

Win 10 ​- i7 2600k CPU - AMD Radeon R9 Fury X GPU 

I jumped in with both feet and updated my recently completed install. I had literally just completed my move from FSX the day prior, and was finally happy with P3Dv3. So, I wasn't 100%, but I gave it a go anyway.

I'm happy to report, no issues! I updated both client and content per the instructions without any problems.

I'm still sorting out issues with REX4-TD, P3Dv3 doesn't seem to care for the airfield bump maps and I believe I read the water animations cause issues as well. After removing those, the flashing ground has ceased and the sim looks really nice. I also noticed my graphics card (GTX 960, running 361.43) does NOT like dynamic reflections enabled for some reason. It keeps locking up the graphics driver, after which it recovers but this causes P3D to CTD. I'll have to experiment...

Hi Richard,

Thanks for answering. Yes, I bought the tool when it first came out and have the latest version. Glad to hear it still works in version 3.1, even if it is as unofficial as 3.0 is.

Kindest regards,

Spirit Flyer

Hi Richard,

Thanks for answering. Yes, I bought the tool when it first came out and have the latest version. Glad to hear it still works in version 3.1, even if it is as unofficial as 3.0 is.

Kindest regards,

Spirit Flyer

Your welcome and you are correct  :wink:

Rich Sennett